The hotel was clean, staff were super friendly. Rooms were an okay size.
When we got there, we only had one pkg. of coffee, and one package of coffee condiments (which are cheap and two packets of sugar and two packets of whitener couldn't make one small cup of coffee taste like coffee). The 2nd day, after housekeeping had been up, we were given more. I would have expected that since we booked months in advance, they would have given us enough for TWO adults to have a cup of coffee...not just one. Also no tea the first day, but housekeeping left some the 2nd day.
The prices in the hotel restaurant were expensive, but we expected them to be. The food WAS good, though. The staff were awesome.
The room (Junior Suite) was warm (72-74 degrees) during the day. At night it dropped to 68 degrees, which was freezing. We called down to ask if it could be turned up, maintenance came up, did NOTHING, and said they fixed it. The heat goes down at 7pm, and doesn't go back up until 9am. The 2nd morning it was 69 degrees when we got up. Still freezing. I wasn't impressed. I thought the price we paid would have covered the heat.
The pools seem well maintained, but the chlorine levels were intense. I could smell/taste bleach for two days after leaving. My youngest daughter has a chemical burn on the front of her legs (she's 3, and was rinsed off after swimming). Apparently this is a long-time problem. The positive part of the park was that it did seem geared to younger kids, which was nice.
As a mom of three young kids (the other two are 5 yo twins), I appreciated the arcade area. It was nice to have an indoor area that my kids could run around a bit, and didn't have to be worried about being too loud. Many of the games need to be fixed, but overall the kids had fun, and that's what mattered.
Next time we'll find another hotel to stay at. I feel we overpaid for the experience. Our next trip will be to a hotel where the rooms stay warm, and the water doesn't burn the kids' skin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Americana Conference Resort Spa & Waterpark is Niagara Falls' ultimate vacation retreat for waterpark family fun, weddings, meetings and much more! The Americana offers over 200 guest rooms ideal for couples, families, and business travelers, including kiddie bunk bed suites, and fireplace/Whirlpool suites. Waves Indoor Waterpark - a premier waterpark in Niagara Falls featuring a retractable roof, slides and more; a large outdoor recreational area and playground with gazebos and barbecues; Senses Spa & Boutique, a full-service spa for those who want to get away and relax; free wireless internet, on-site restaurant and bar and over 21,000 square feet of meeting, banquet or wedding space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Americana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americana Hotel Niagara Falls
- Americana Resort Niagara Falls