“Great place for indoor water park fun.”
Review of Americana Resort

Americana Resort
Ranked #38 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Mississauga, Canada
“Great place for indoor water park fun.”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Hotel is clean and located at very good location. Most ecnomical place if you are looking for indoor water park fun. Very close to Niagara Falls.
Lots of different variety of food outlets available on walking distance. For kids this resort is really fun.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
ontario
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Our family just returned from a three-night stay at the Americana Resort in Niagara Falls. After reading reviews of many hotels in the area and comparing prices I figured this hotel would offer the best value for what we wanted. And it did. My daughters are older than the age group that the waterpark is aimed at (they are 13 and 15) but they still had a great time on the waterslides, in the wave pool, hot tub and of course, the arcade. I liked the family atmosphere, especially in the waterpark where everyone was having fun with their kids (I think the parents enjoyed the slides more than the kids, I know I loved it). My girls liked the snack bar and all the treats they could buy and when the weather turned rainy and cold one day it was nice to have somewhere nice to escape. The location is great if you don't want to be part of all the hustle and bustle of Clifton Hill - you are only a few minutes away from everything but are still removed from the crowds. I can't comment on the spa or the restaurant because we didn't end up using them. If I had to make a list of the good and bad it would be as follows: pros - great location, free parking and lots of it, close to everything, family atmosphere, free wifi in your room, comfortable beds, good water pressure in the shower, microwave and fridge in your room, friendly staff. My biggest complaint would have to be the lack of soundproofing between rooms - we had a very large group of people staying next to us the first night and we could hear them talking and moving around, the same went for the noise above us too. Fortunately after they left the next two days were fairly quiet. I would definitely return. (I've read complaints about people getting sick from the chlorine in the pools but we never had any problems)

Room Tip: We stayed in a premier room which costs a bit more but has loads of space for four people. It is wor...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed at the Americana resort Thursday and Friday last week with a deal from Living Social. Regarding the resort itself, I would say it is a glorified motel at best! The rooms were OK! The water park is tiny. The rides are alternate. Only 2 rides are available at a time. The staff was not keen to get on with the rides. Very lousy! Highly over-rated I would say! Best avoided!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Toronto
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I am very upset with this hotel. I left me ipad charger there and called the next day after we were home. I was told I would get a call back in a day and no one called me. I called back a week later and was told that it was not in the lost and found. I assume one of the staff took it. I would expect a hotel to be trustworthy. I am very disappointed that this happened.

now to review the hotel. we stayed on Aug. 28-29. The room was nice and big. The balcony overlooked the parking lot. It was hard to find parking near our room.

The waterpark is smaller than it looks on the website but my 5 year loved it. there was a day camp there for one day and it was packed.

Staff was pleasant

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2013

3 Day getaway for myself, my wife and 3 kids ( 6, 8, 10). Very nice Spacious rooms in premium class well worth upgrade. Great food in restaurant, fair prices. Wife really enjoyed spa while I took kids to indoor waterpark... clean, safe and very nice feel, smaller than the other ones in Niagara but our next visit Will being us back to Americana... better value and much more affordable. We come to Niagara at least 3-4 a year so this makes good sense on slot ôf levels.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Spiro-Gyra
T
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We book this hotel with two kids, every thing was good the room was clean even thought the smell was a little bit strong, and the kids had fun in the pool even thought the water was cold. After 4 days of our visit oh surprise, kids really sick due to water intake, well we thought, that can happen anywhere but we went to the hospital and something surprised me more 2 other kids with the same problem and the DR told us they came from the same water park... Our question was if the hygiene method of that pool was working? Probably they need to review in more detail what to use for this type of pools, why this doesnt happen in crowded pools like the community centres pools?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Andra D
Markham, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We brought the deal from living social ... got the room upgraded. The room is available for us when we check-in at 2:30pm (the check-in time suppose to be 4pm).

Even though we didn't get to use other coupons from the deal ... we already saved $$ on it. (I originally booked just a reg room for $169). So we are happy even just getting the room upgraded with a small dining table in it. In that way, the kids were able to sit still and eat.

Our room was located at the lower level by the park, so the kids were literally got out fr the balcony door and right to the park.

We have a 3 yrs old & a 5 yrs old. The waterpark is big enough for their age ... they enjoyed it so much that kept on talking about it days after we left.

I loved how the waterpark isn't too crowded so that they get to go on everything. (Maybe because we went on weekdays.)

The only con thing is that the location is pretty far from the fall. We need to drive everywhere ... especially in the Clifton Hill area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family