“Great for small children.”
Review of Americana Resort

Americana Resort
Ranked #39 of 127 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed here while travelling with a 2.5 y.o. and 10 mo old. The room was okay-not the cleanest room I have ever stayed in (I had the unfortunate experience of touching the base of the bed with a bare foot and discovering it was sticky. In fairness, I am not sure how often one would expect to have to clean there). There was also an accumulation of dirt/dust in the track for the sliding door (a bad place for dirt when there are little kids as they seem drawn to those areas). It did have a large bar fridge and a microwave as well as a small sink which was lovely. The property itself appears fresh and well cared for. The waterpark is great for young children. It is certainly small, but perfect for our needs (that being said, I don't think I would want to be there in peak season). There is a separate little pool area for toddlers with three small slides. There are a variety of activities geared to a very wide age range and there is ample seating all around the deck. One feature we made good use of was the waterpark tv channel (42 I think?). It allows you to check and see how busy it is before you head out. Overall it was a great experience for us and we will be back (just in the off/low season).

Room Tip: There is a bank of elevators that let out right beside the waterpark. Ask to be in a room near thos...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,292)

Reviewed April 25, 2013

This place is old, the waterpark is dirty, the floors are disgusting in the changeroom. The room was not very clean either. Waterpark doesn't open until 10 and closes at 8. To get to the waterpark you have to walk through the arcade?? Its expensive and has the worst prizes I have ever seen. I will never take my kids there again, its a waste of time and money. Spring the extra and go to the GWL its worth the extra money.

7  Thank 6of9
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We spent one night at the resort and 1 1/2 days at the waterpark. The room was nice - no issues. The waterpark was small compared to Great Wolf Lodge and Fallsview. It seems geared more to younger kids. My age 8-10 nephews were bored after a couple hours. The major issue for us was that a few of us, including my young daughters developed an itchy rash from the toddler pool. The pool was much cooler than the other pools (wave and the slides), so they took some of the hot water from the hot tub (which probably has more chemicals in it) and dumped it into the kids pool to heat it up. We were not impressed! We will be returning to Fallsview next year! Also, Americana is too far north of downtown Niagara.

Room Tip: We did have a room only 5 doors down from the waterpark on the main floor - which was nice. very qu...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shauna H
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The front desk and restaurant service was quite good. The restaurant hostess was less then enthusiastic shall we say. The water park set up is a mess...the change rooms are TINY, so when they say you can come change and enjoy the water park before you check in, they mean that only if you are changed and leave your belongings in the car, because the change rooms are NOT good for a family of four.
The room was not cleaned well prior to our arrival, we found hair pins on the carpet from the previous guest, there was what looked like food on the bathroom counter, etc etc.
Overall though to be honest it was okay...just okay.
That being the case, we would likely give them another opportunity.
Thanks,
Kevin

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We recently held a sales conference at the Americana. It is the perfect place for an event of this nature- everything you would need is provided by the hotel. The customer service far exceeded anything I have ever experienced. All of the employees are very friendly and helpful; they epitomize the true meaning of hospitality. Not only was the staff and service incredible, the food was amazing too! Our employees were very happy with their stay and experience at the Americana and we will definitely hold our conferences there again. As the Special Events Coordinator for my employer, my job planning this event was a breeze because the Americana team was always a step ahead of me and they were willing to do anything to make this event perfect! Perfect location for business conferences with great business packages which include conference rooms, hotel rooms and all meals.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
AmericanaResort, Manager at Americana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments. We are very proud of our team and thank you for acknowledging their efforts. We look forward to welcoming your group again.

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

We did not stay in the hotel, this review is about the water park and the birthday party we held there.

This past month I held my child's party at this resort....we were very excited about it after reading the website and looking through all of the pictures. Well. I usually don't write letters of complaint, but after our experience this weekend, I must say, I am extremely disappointed with the service we received. The website states that we were to receive a party attendant for 4 hours. That is a joke right? Our "attendant" showed us to our sears and left. No interaction with the kids, no happy birthday and welcome, nothing! We told her 4:00 for pizza. She brought it up at 4:15. We had the kids out of the water, dried up and ready to eat at 4:00. They had to sit, hungry after three hours of swimming, waiting for late pizza. We told her being the cake in 20 minutes. I had to go downstairs and tell her to bring it up we were waiting for her! Really!! She brought up the cake I made on the most disgusting tray ever. When I picked up the dish my cake was on, the tray underneath was dirty, covered in someone else's food crumbs and salsa??!! Gross! The party attendants need some serious work! It was a huge disappointment not to have a happy, efficient party attendant...it would have been nice if they stayed and helped sing happy birthday or handed out some cake, whatever. My husband paid at the beginning of the party and left a tip!! He would not have tipped for the terrible service we received if he had paid at the end.
Also, the website shows a party picture with decorated party tablecloth and matching plates/cups....I understand the balloons were extra but I expected a more festive looking party environment, not being shoved in a corner table with eight people sitting next to a brick wall, cheap white plates and cups...we had to ask twice for napkins and my husband had to go down and get forks himself so the kids could eat cake!!!

We have 3 kids and have held many birthday parties with different companies. This was by far the most disappointing experience yet! Never again, and not to be recommended to anyone!

The park was crowded, dirty and the change rooms were just gross! So small and crowded, dirtiest washroom I have ever encountered at this type of watermark. Even the campgrounds we stay at in the summer have better washroom facilities.

Very disappointing and just plain not worth it!

• Stayed: March 2013
5  Thank 5countrygirl
AmericanaResort, Manager at Americana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for your very candid comments. I am very sorry to hear how disappointed you were with your experience. We are a very popular destination for birthdays and birthday parties and typically we receive very positive feedback about the fun and unique experience the children (and parents) have. I would love to talk to you further about your experience and hopefully make this right for you. Please contact us directly (ask for Lorne - Guest Services Manager). Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband and I brought our three little ones, ages 4, 3 and 1. We all had a blast! Even my little guy, He loved the water but couldn't stay in so long without warming up, that's because he is still little! We booked a room through groupon for 119.00 and got a superior 2 queen room and 4 passes to the waterpark. A 10 dollar voucher for dave and busters at the falls and also a 10 dollar voucher for their onsite restaurant.. The little ones had a blast, they LOVED the tube slide. They were unfortunately too short to go on the body slides, but they didn't mind at all there was so much more fun stuff to do! The wave pool and a whole kid section to let the little ones run loose and have a blast! I love this hotel, The rooms are nice, clean and the beds are so comfy. This hotel should be rated 5 stars. It's wonderful !! <3 Will come back again !

Room Tip: first floor, close to waterpark , we had room 118. It's great!
2  Thank Tiffany F
AmericanaResort, Manager at Americana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for your kind review and thank you very much for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again.