“Pretty Good for Younger Children”
Review of Americana Resort

Americana Resort
Ranked #38 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto
“Pretty Good for Younger Children”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at this property for the weekend while in town for a ringette tournament. I would have to say the main draw would be the attached waterpark, which seems to be geared for younger children. The Fallsview waterpark has much more to offer for children 12 years of age and older. Regardless, the younger ones did have fun, the waterpark was clean and well supervised, but the chlorine levels were very high.

The hotel itself is OK, but a bit run down. Our room was spacious, but not very clean, with some mold in the grout of the shower, carpets a bit dirty and just a general tired feel to it. The tv was a small old tube style with limited stations, and in our case, we had a wonderful view of a wall and the roof of the hotel.

Also worth mentioning is that this is a sprawling property, so be prepared to walk some distance to your room. Also, the two or three entrance doors I used did not requiire a key card to enter through, so security may be an issue.

All in all, an OK place to stay, but with it being far away from Clifton Hill and the Falls, and the property showing it's age, the waterpark really is the only draw here.

2 Thank ToSquareBob1
AmericanaResort, Manager at Americana Resort, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your detailed comments. I am delighted to hear that your kids had fun and a good experience overall. I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your room. We have undergone extensive renovations of late - most of the rooms now have the newer panel televisions, new carpets and upgraded amenities. The few remaining rooms will be completed in the next few months. Thank you again and hopefully you will have an opportunity to visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Been twice with my family of 6 (hubby, self and our 4 boys).
Rooms average and dated, could be slightly cleaner as their was some hair in the jacuzzi.
Waterpark is good, not great but did the job entertaining our boys both times for a few hours per day (More so the younger 2). Be cautioned the chlorine levels are VERY high and if you have sensitive sinus' you may feel it for days (as is my husbands issue)

If you go comparing GWL to here you will be disappointed so go with an open mind if you choose Americana.
Restaurant Jack Tanners makes average meals for what I think are above average prices but the tv's in booths are genius and most wait staff was friendly which is more than we can say for front desk staff.

Upon check out of our 2nd visit we were asked to wait as a manager needed to inspect our room as they "smelled cigarette smoke" and were possibly going to keep our $100 deposit. I explained that when we checked in I specifically asked for a room with balcony so my husband and I could smoke there (which we were told was perfectly fine) Not necessarily an issue in itself but the girl behind the desk was very rude in telling us so and we were almost treated like criminals. Eventually after about 25mins they decided we had not (of course) smoked in the room but rather on the balcony as we said and saw that in the ashtray we had left there. Not even so much as an apology for inconvenience or being treated poorly but we did get our deposit back.

We will not return for an overnight stay again but they also offer day passes to the waterpark only for a decent rate so if in roam with time to burn I would probably do that. Otherwise spend a few extra dollars and go to GWL for an overnight.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kristy K
Canada
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We went here with our sons ages 2.5 and 6 for 1 night 2 days and had a fantastic time on a weeknight stay. The hotel has eager to please great staff and our room was great. Beds were comfy, lots of pillows, good tv channels including kids channels, dvd player in the room. It had a mini fridge, microwave, and was comfortable and spacious.
There was free Wii-fII and bunk beds for the boys. Honestly, for $99 a night as it was a weeknight package, we couldn't go wrong. We had aTravelZoo promotion- that's how we found out about this hidden gem
The water temperature in the waterpark was really nice and warm- as was the air temp- no complaints at all! They had very attentive lifeguards, provided lifejackets in all sizes for all kids, and towels- I was very impressed at the level of service.
The waterpark was perfect for young kids- the waterslides were great for our 6 yr old and splash pad area for our 2.5 yr old son. They had a fun arcade, a reasonably priced restaurant on site ( Jack Tanners) and many local activiies including seeing Niagara Falls nearby. It was worth every penny, we were very impressed and all had fun. I would go back.

1 Thank LoveToTravelSouth
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Family of three stayed here for a two-night stay over the end of March Break.

The Good; Jack Tanner's Restaurant and the Waterpark for the kids. The package we had included a $25 voucher for dinner and (2) $12.50 voucher for breakfast (please note that you can only use one per visit.) Sunday at Jack Tanner's was a LOT quieter than Saturday. We liked the fact that each booth had had it's own TV. The Arcade & Waterpark is great especially for the kids too!

The Bad; Both nights we had small kids and their parents yelling, running and jumping up to midnight. The litmus test for thin walls? Clearly hearing each and every word! We did call down to the front desk and maintenance was pretty prompt at telling them to keep it down.

Considering you're also need your car (or take the WEGO bus) to get to entertainment district, we made the easy decision never to go back.

Room Tip: Maybe a top floor and at the end of a hallway minimizing the amount of running kids and neighbours.
2 Thank 90Todd
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Went here with our grandchildren primarily for the water park experience. We were pleasantly treated and the Junior suite we rented was dandy for the 4 of us (altho' the sitting area with a day bed is not completely sealed off from the other room so that light can bother folks trying to sleep while one reads/watches TV).

There are plenty of restaurants along Lundys Lane.....and the distance to the actual Falls is about 15 minutes.

The water park is great but kids below the age of 4 or who are small framed can't go on the tube rides alone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I frequent this hotel quite often as i do contract work in the area and I have to say that I always am satisfied and when I do have any concerns they are usually addressed and solved within a short period of time. This is my first review but I felt compelled because of all the buzz about Tripadvisor and how people use it to bash a hotel when they don't get something they want.....and I witnessed this first hand. Anyways, I brought back my family this time and saw it from a whole new perspective and we really liked it. The water park was a lot of fun.....not overly huge so that we lost our kids, as we have little ones. My wife and I had a lot of fun as well and could enjoy drinks while we watched the kids play. We found the staff friendly and courteous as well. The Lifeguards were helpful with the kids too, especially in the tot pool.
My wife tried the spa as you get a discount if you are a guest and she loved it. She said the staff were highly professional and knowledgeable and it was th best facial she received.
Our room, and I stayed in several different ones over my various stays, was clean and well appointed. this time we stayed in a kiddie suite as they call them and the kids liked it a lot. the themeing really won them over and made me look like a hero. I personally like the suites in the two story building as they are very spacious and nicely appointed. Probably one of the nicest suites I have stayed in for bussiness. The houskeeping staff is exceptional here as well. Always friendly and willing to go the extra mile. They do know me by now so this may come into play but I have seen them extend the same service to others and was pretty impressed.
The front desk staff is great as well. Again, they do know me but I witnessed them handle issues with guests that were , lets say, not seasoned travelers. I will leave it at that.
Jack Tanners was a hit with my kids because of the T.V.'s in the booths and i have to admit I like as well when I travel solo....it passes the time over dinner. The staff is always friendly and I may be partial because I am a regular. My meal selections are always cooked perfectly and my kids enjoyed their selections as well. My wife, a bit of a particular eater, was real happy with how they satisfied her concerns. She usually send back her meals.
Great job to all at the Americana. We appreciate your hard work.

Room Tip: Rooms in the two story are great. The kiddie suites are fantastic for the kids.
1 Thank Dave L
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at the Americana Mar 8-9, 2013. We took 4 boys ages 7-12 for an overnight getaway. We booked the Pirates and Mermaids room to accomodate all of us and did the food included package. Dinner at Jack Tanners was great...family style Italian food...but tons of food, boys would have been happy with a huge plate of chicken fingers and fries instead. The waterpark is small but nicely set up and it was ok to let the boys go on their own as I could see them from the table we had. Staff in the waterpark area are all younger and have great interaction with the kids. The room was neat and clean. We had our own seperate bedroom and bathroom and the kids room had 2 sets of bunkbeds and a bathroom. Would stay here again for a cheaper overnight. Kids had a great time!!

1 Thank dayendayout