“GREAT VALUE”
Review of Americana Resort

Americana Resort
Ranked #39 of 127 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Let me start with the fact that I was skeptical of staying here do to the MIXED REVIEWS although I have learned that sometimes they are very inaccurate and based on some peoples views after they didn't get something from somebody and decided to sabaotage the buisness. Anyway , I found the property very nice , with tatefully decorated rooms a descent waterpark for the kids, friendly staff and reasonably priced menus at all their restaurants.... I'll sum it up by simply saying that when we stay in Niagara again ( Approx. 3-4 times a year ) we will be staying here without a doubt and I STRONGLY recommend it for families that frequently visit Niagara... maybe not the best for the "once in a lifetime vacation" but belive me alot LESS damaging on the pocket book then the other WATERPARK RESORTS in the area and you definately don't leave feeling like you need to re-morgage the house to pay for it!!!!!!

Room Tip: We had a "Pemium with 2 Queen beds and a sofa sleeper.... VERY NICE.... flat screen/granite cou...
2  Thank Randall C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,292)

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The waterpark was perfect for our family, the fact that we could just come down from our room and enter the swimming area was perfect for our family of 6. During the day the wave pool takes 30 minute intervals where for 30 minutes you can enjoy the rough waves to play in and then a buzzer goes off and the for 30 minutes the water is calm and perfect for the young children! My kids loved being able to be in the pool when the water was calm and we were very thankful to have an added option at the park.

the room we stayed in had stained curtains, very noticable copper stains, crumbs under the (clean?) sheets, crayomn makrs on the wall and a spider in a web in the bathroom by the door. That was very displeasing but the rest of our stay was enjoyable and we do plan on returning again in the next few months.

2  Thank Melissa292
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife And I attended a seminar at the hotel and stayed 2 nights. We did not go in the water park but plan to return with the kids soon and spend a couple days there.
The hotel did a fantastic job hosting the seminar and the food was fantastic. I would recommend this hotel for any company looking for a good spot to hold a conference.
If anything needs improvement, the Jack Tanner's Restaurant located near the lobby of the hotel is it....not so good. I think Jack Tanners is run separately from the hotel. The hotel prepared the food for our seminar and it was great.
The rooms are nice, quiet and clean and the bed was very comfortable.

Room Tip: Some ground floor rooms face the kids outdoor playground well away from the parking lot. The 2nd and...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TheFireGuyandG
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Well to start off my family went here as a stay- cation. To get away and relax at the water park. The water park was fairly ok. But they had to shut down the wave pool and slides because someone took a number two in the water. Its pretty gross and the life guards didn't really run to clean it up. Also on the stairs to the big water slide a little girl fell and hit her head. Then her dad tripped over her trying to pick her up and then 5 minutes later the life guard came. My family and I took a break and went to see the falls. Nice break. The rooms were alright. Nothing 5 star quality though. The restaurant wasn't cheap and there was a dirty napkin in the booth. Gross eh? I'm sorry but I wouln't return.

Room Tip: Don't get a room looking into the water park.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Bought a two day stay package that included two breakfast vouchers and a dinner voucher for Jack Tanners as well as admission both days to the waterpark. Ok, first off I know it's Niagara Falls....not generally known for it's 'upscale' nature but still, a little basic effort by the Americana would be nice. Waterpark itself is good, our little girl had fun both days. If you try to order food from the Waterpark snack bar, Waves, bring a tent -- you'll age a year or two before you get your food. No line, only ordered a hot dog....one hot dog....took 25 min. to get it. Wow. Next day, pretty much same story with the wings. I assume the food comes shuttled across the resort from Jack Tanners, which adds to the time, though some of it was the massive slowness of the service staff in doing...well, anything...as I watched and waited. Will say every service person in the hotel over the two days was friendly, so that's good. The hotel part....hmm. We had a jacuzzi suite. Nice jacuzzi. Suite....nice enough overall, though a little paying attention and you get less impressed. TV only had very limited channels compared to those available at the booth TVs at Jack Tanners (their indoor grill / pub). Some channels flat out just didn't work, others were just repeated like four times....just a weak offering where every second channel is black screen when you flip around....frustrating / annoying....this isn't some small town in the middle of nowhere with poor reception. Bed....needed a mattress change....too soft and dipping in the middle, so I woke up both nights with a sore back. Actually wound up sleeping on the floor half way through our second night....not comfortable, but more comfortable than the bed. Pillows are these spongy soft things that do not let you sink in....they spring your head up and don't give, so if you like a flatter pillow, you'll have a real sore neck by the morning. Both mornings my wife put the 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door...and BOTH mornings the cleaning staff either 1. knocked to come in or 2. just ignored it and came in without knocking anyway. Soooo.....what part of 'DO NOT DISTURB' was confusing? Guess all of it. They were so eager to come in, yet when we were leaving my wife did a sweep of the room (standard 'make sure nothing got left behind' stuff) and she found uneaten food from the previous guests under the bed. Cleaning staff.....if you're so eager to come in: actually CLEAN when you do! Jack Tanners....looks nice enough, standard pub look....breakfast both mornings, no issue.....but let's be honest, how hard is it to screw up the usual breakfast food (coffee, eggs, etc.)? Takes a lot of effort. Dinner....would like to extend my thanks to Jack Tanners for giving me and my toddler food poisoning. I had the Chipotle Steak entree with rice and veg....must have been either the veg or meat, because I ate that stuff and was much more sick than my toddler, who had some rice and only complained her 'tummy hurt' when she woke up for a hour or so at 4:00am that night -- liquid ran off from either the veg. or steak into the rice, so didn't hit her has hard, thankfully. In the end, not close to being worth what we paid for two nights......IF we consider the Waterpark again, we'll stay elsewhere and just go to the Waterpark itself (they have change rooms), but there's zero chance we'll stay at the Americana again.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at the Americana Resort for one night with our 2 kids and had an OK time...the kids really liked the water park but I feel like if they were only a few years older they wouldn't have enjoyed it nearly as much (they are 7 and 5 right now). The waterpark is fairly small for the hotel being centered around it: a total of 4 slides (2 with tubes, 2 without), a (small) wavepool, a hot tub for adults, a small play area with 2 basketball nets and a playground-style area for small kids. All in all it gets boring pretty quickly.

One big issue I had with the waterpark area was the change rooms/arcade area. First off, the change rooms are RIDICULOUSLY small...out of the whole mens change room there is 1 bench with hooks above it that is about 10 feet long, that's it.

Also, the locker system they have needs to be updated in a major way. We arrived early in the day before our room was ready to take advantage of the full day waterpark passes -- that turned out to be a major headache. We went through the hotel to the waterpark area with a minor amount of things (coats, boots, hats, etc...outdoor clothing for the winter) and figured we should get a locker. Well, the lockers only take loonies and there are no change machines. There is an ATM in the arcade (which is also where the lockers are, which was also kind of annoying) that just happened to not work for my card (Scotiabank, not a rare or new bank of any kind) and I was told by the staff that it wasn't the machine that wasn't working it must be my card. So then I walk all the way through the hotel to the front lobby in my bathing suit to the only other ATM and it works fine, must not have been my card! After walking back through the hotel to the water park area I still need to get change for the lockers, so I ask the girl at the desk (who originally said to use the ATM and then get change for a locker) for change for my $20 and she says "Oh you can't get change at this desk, you need to go around the corner to the gift shop over there"...at this point I am getting pretty annoyed, so I walk into the gift shop area and ask her for change and get this response, "Oh you can't get change here, you'll have to do that at the desk out by the lockers", keep in mind this is the same desk I JUST came from. So I explain to the girl that I just came from there and that all I want is some change to use the damn lockers so that I can take the kids into the waterpark! She checks the register and doesn't have enough change, so I walk back out and head to the third register area (the food/snack counter) and wait in line, then FINALLY get my change to use the lockers. Needless to say I was not a happy customer by this time, and we had been there for maybe an hour. I would have thought that in an arcade and a place where the lockers only take loonies there would be some sort of change machine, that just seems logical. Then to not be able to make change when someone asks for it just seems stupid, you KNOW people are going to ask for change because the lockers ONLY TAKE LOONIES! UGH!

Anyways, the room itself was pretty nice and I appreciated that, but within a couple of hours of being at the hotel my time there was pretty much ruined by the stupid setup of things and the hassle of trying to get someone to help me out.

If I hadn't gotten this stay off a deal site I would not have been happy at all.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jmckay417
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed at the Americana for 2 nights, May 9 and May 10, and had a great time. The rooms were large, clean, and modern. Every employee we dealt with or even passed in the hall greeted us with a smile and asked how are stay was so far. Our kids are 13 and 10 and did not get bored in the water park. We liked the fact that it was small enough that you could keep an eye on them from anywhere. The temperature of both the water and the air were comfortable.
There are a lot of poor reviews regarding Jack Tanners on here but I’m not sure why. We had every meal there and were not disappointed. On Monday morning they had a breakfast buffet which we all ordered. After loading up her first plate, my wife was not as impressed as myself and our 2 kids. She asked if it would be possible to order off the menu instead and they had no issue with it and did not charge her for the buffet.
My only complaint about the entire weekend would be with the lack of employees working the snack bar at the water park. The food was great, however, even during the lunch and dinner rush, there was only ever one girl working the till and taking orders. Through no fault of theirs, the service was very slow. They really needed to be staffed properly for the busy periods.
Over all we had a great weekend and will definitely be back.