“Great Get Away in Niagara Falls”
Review of Americana Resort

Americana Resort
Ranked #37 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Miami, Florida
“Great Get Away in Niagara Falls”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We recently spent a long weekend at the Americana Resort. Great staff and facilities. The kids had a great time and the resort is well equipped. Plenty of restaurants and close to the Falls. The ladies enjoyed a visit to the Spa and the boys played in the water park.

Room Tip: Stop in the bar for Pineapple Bomb ....very refreshing.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great fun for the whole family!!! Water park and pool really kept the kids occupied while the wife spent the day at the spa. Hotel staff really went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. Very clean friendly atmosphere would highly reccomend!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dundas, Ontario
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I made the mistake of reading these reviews before I left on Sunday for a one night stay and became quite scared. But I had a completely different experience and thought that I would counter some of the negative reviews that I've seen on here. Yes, the rooms aren't exactly as shown, yes-kids run up and down the halls, yes-the changeroom is small, yes-the indoor pizza place is too pricey, yes-the water is extra chlorinated, Yes-the air temperature could be warmer. And yes-the water is most likely full of pee as the pool is only closed on Tuesdays weekly for cleaning. Bring your vouchers to the front desk so you don't hold up the check-in process, get googles and rash guards for your kids, bring your own food. The staff was fine and pleasant. The only problem that I had was there were perhaps too many trailer park type grown-ups (not pretty people like @ the expensive places). To everyone that's written a bad review -perhaps your experience and comments are justified but ask your children what they would rate it as? 5 out of 5 would be my guess.

1 Thank Steve P
Ancaster, Canada
Reviewed February 11, 2013

When I booked the hotel I asked the lady on the phone if my daughter could go on all the waterslides and she said YES. When we got to the waterpark they said she couldn't go on the waterslides...AHHH so frustrating.
The lifeguards in the Waterpark were NOT friendly. Service at the snack bar was brutal. My husband waited for someone to take his order and nobody was around, so I went in and waited for someone to show up. She was NOT friendly at all. When I came back in to get my food she was not there again. I had to call for her to come out from the back room, so I could get my food.
There was never anyone at the service station to get towels and life jackets. When we were trying to get our daughter to go to bed there was a few kids running around and jumping in the room above us. It was really loud. I called the front desk and they said because it wasn't curfew time (11pm) that they couldn't tell them to be quiet. On top of that the beds are so uncomfortable. We wouldn't go back!!!

1 Thank Rochana K
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had an amazing time at the Americana last night. The room was great except the running children above us and up and down our hallway. We stayed on the second floor. It was renovated. We arrived at 3:30. My husband went and got pizza from down the street and great Thai food while I went to check in.
The check in was about 20 mins. But, very nice and helpful staff.
The water park was the perfect size for my 3 and 8 year old. Two complaints.
The chlorine is Very high. When the chlorine evaporates its very hard on the eyes and I got a bad migraine. The lifeguards were a bit sleepy.
We went to the water park from 10-1130 in the morning. We had a 1 pm check out with our deal.
All in all we had fun and would go back in a second. Thank you Americana.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank TChristianC
Ontario,Canada
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My family including a 4 and 2 yr old recently visited on Feb 10. And frankly, the Americana did themselves reputation damage with a few things I have seen and witness after reading through tripadvisor. First, the check-in, was a long draw out process. It took too long and be advised you are to pay for the stay up front. Not sure if this is best practice as some guests checked in using vouchers that does not include taxes etc. Better off, letting those pay at the end of the stay to remove confusion.
My kids did enjoy the water park but the it was cold. Air temperature should be warmer. There was only 4 bigger slides, 2body slides 2 tube slides. My oldest needed a lifejacket and must be accompanied by an adult using the tubeslide because she's only 46in. There is a toddler wadding pool with slides and again the water was cool. A little too cool on for toddlers.
Our room had a few issues we managed ourselves but we did let front desk know about the water leak coming off the refrigerator but no one came. The room was not cleaned out properly lets put it that way. We stayed in Room 110. There was alot of noise coming off the hallway because it also the hallway to the waterpark. Quiet time starts at 11pm. Front desk could not help us with people slamming the doors and kids running on the hallways. My kids had a hard time sleeping. Overall, we gambled with sacrificing price for service. I will not do this again.

Room Tip: Stay away from main hallways to the waterpark.
Huntsville, Ontario
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Here for a conference recently, this place is not new but its clean and comfortable lots of amenities and the staff were great, priced very reasonably. Water park a little smaller than the others in the Falls but fun all the same. Food was very good. Great for families from what I saw. A bit of a distance to downtown but that's alright. Lots of parking, renovations are ongoing. Would go back.....actually I am going back as I won a free nights stay in a door prize raffle.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the more recently renovated rooms with flat screens and upgraded furnishings.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business