“Not to shabby!!!!”
Review of Americana Resort

Americana Resort
Ranked #39 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Here for a conference recently, this place is not new but its clean and comfortable lots of amenities and the staff were great, priced very reasonably. Water park a little smaller than the others in the Falls but fun all the same. Food was very good. Great for families from what I saw. A bit of a distance to downtown but that's alright. Lots of parking, renovations are ongoing. Would go back.....actually I am going back as I won a free nights stay in a door prize raffle.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the more recently renovated rooms with flat screens and upgraded furnishings.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Americana Resort

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We went to this hotel on Dec26. The hotel was full but was not to busy. First check in was the worst I've ever seen almost a hour. Room was small but good enough. Beds were horrible, the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept in. There was people staying there from hockey tournament that would let there kids have races up and down the halls, staff said nothing. Water park was actually very good, I have 3 young kids 5 and under this was perfect. Staff in the water park are the most miserable looking people. Management should really down with there staff, because this place could be a lot better. I would not return to his resort,the staff turned me off.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have never given an online review before but feel that I have to warn other families. We purchased a voucher for Americana through Travelzoo as a family Christmas present. It was for one night stay but we booked an extra nights stay assuming we would be enjoying ourselves, etc. The outside appearance of the hotel was nice as was the lobby. It looked like it had been recently refaced. Even the room "looked" nice upon first glance. But then we noticed things... like the toilet was wobbly and the paint was pealing off parts of the bathroom. The extra blanket in the bedroom was ratty. No big deal, right? We can look past that. The big thing for me was the waterpark. It was GROSS! There were only 4 waterslides and they all had a scum line from the water. The pipes had a layer of dust/dirt on it. I don't think it had been cleaned for a long time....it was disgusting. To top it off, we had a problem with the t.v. and the hair dryer. I would never go again and would never recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank SharonV1978
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was a repeat trip for us, but it had been a few years since we were last a guest. Our stay was for two nights at the end of January 2013. The first night was with a "jaunt voucher", the second night we added on. Check in was a breeze. Great staff, quick and easy process for us. Room was ready early, and was fantastic (we upgraded to a room with two queens and a set of bunk beds). There are two things that I would suggest as improvements for the room. #1. A clothes line that collapses in the bathroom in order to hang up swim suits at the end of the day. #2. A few tea bags for those of us that don't want coffee (supplied).

The waterpark does need a couple of improvements. At the current temperature of water/air, everyone is freezing. Everywhere you look kids teeth are chattering. Might be different in the summer when the sun is pouring in, but when it's cloudy and -25C out, it's too cold. Other waterparks have either superheated their infant/toddler area, or have provided a family hot tub. Neither are available here. There is also one area of the deck that seems to be notoriously slippery. I can't even count how many kids I saw fall in the area by the base of the body slides. Maybe some non-slip grip needed?

I also have some concerns with the food preparation in both Jack Tanners and the waterpark cafe. The food itself was great, but the preparation of it was too slow. I'm not sure if its a staffing issue or equipment issue, but not acceptable. At poolside we ordered a family sized cheese pizza and was told 20 minutes. In reality it took a full hour to get our pizza. They have a pizza conveyor belt that only allows for one pizza to be baking at a time, plus no room to have others waiting to go in. This is not okay when it's lunch hour and you have 20+orders waiting. We were at Jack Tanners for their all you can eat salad/pasta dinner. The sous chef was excellent, but being run off his feet. It took my husband 45 minutes to get his pasta dinner. Can't really consider it to be all you can eat, when it takes that long to get one bowl. Especially since we were there with our 4 children who are not going to sit patiently for that long.

All in all, you do have to take into consideration that the Americana is 1/3 to 1/2 the cost of the other parks. Not sure if we will return again.....especially given that we were travelling from Ottawa :(

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor almost directly above the waterpark. Great location for convenience...
Reviewed January 30, 2013

From the moment we checked in we felt appreciated . the staff went out of their way to look after our needs The rooms were very clean and comfortable and all of our meals eaten inside the property were delicious. We had a great time at the Waterpark and even spent time in the arcade. Great value for the money. would highly recommend staying here over any of the high priced chains

Reviewed January 30, 2013

The wedding area was done really nice, it exceeded my expectations. The room was disgusting, gross. Not a good sleep, uncomfortable. The whole place is just dingy/worn down/dicey, like most of Niagara Falls.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2013

It was not the first time we had been there but this time around we realized just how average they were. The water park was fine but the changeroom were very very very small and it didn't help that there were many ppl there that were NOT guest at the hotel, I think they should not have day passes available for the weekends, it puts the hotel guests "out". The restaurant is horrible which I already knew but it was close and easy so we tried it again, you're better off jumping in your car and driving done the street. Breakfast was great and the pancakes are to die for. Generally speaking the hotel and restaurant are under staffed so don't look for great service but if you want cheap fun and an ok magic show, this is the place to be.

OMG one more thing, how could I forget the 30 mins it took to check in.......never before in my life have I experienced such a wait. Next time we're gonna pay the extra $50 and try a different resort.

Room Tip: There are balconies so if you want one request it at time of booking.
1  Thank natgray