“Good value great time had by all” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americana Resort

Americana Resort
Ranked #36 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto
“Good value great time had by all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

Overall Americana Resort is a great place to stay and play we had an excellent time this was not are first time here and it wont be our last we will be back again! Although my children and so my wife and I love Great Wolf Lodge we also really like the Americana Resort it is cheaper than Great Wolf Lodge and a excellent alternative.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
10 Thank GrantFamilyToronto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Cambridge, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

We were given a gift card for Christmas from my in-laws to go here with our son. So we decided to wait until this past weekend (April 28 - 29) and travelled with 4 adults and 3 infants (2 were 21 months, 1 was 10 months). It was an overall good trip. But here's the breakdown.

When we first arrived there was barely any parking. Apparently we booked our stay during the same weekend that there was a dance competition going on. So there were tons of young children staying there. It wasn't such a big deal as most of those kids were busy throughout the day, however when it came to night time, I don't think it would have mattered which room we stayed in, there were kids running up and down every hallway yelling and stomping. It was very loud and we had 3 infants in our room who go to bed early.

THE ROOMS:
We staying in the "Premium Queen Suite" which consisted of two queen beds and a pull out couch. It was plenty of room for 4 adults and 3 playpens. It was newly updated with a flat screen TV and plush, comfy beds. It had a bar fridge, and a microwave as well as a dining area in where the pull out couch was (which was not movable as it was stuck to the wall). The washroom door was not working right. It would close, but the latch wouldn't stick. So if our two 21 month olds would "knock" or lean on the door while someone was in there, it would slide open - then you had to watch their fingers weren't in the way if you went to close it quick. The downside was we did not have a TV remote. We looked everywhere for it. So we called down to the front desk early afternoon shortly after our arrival and they said (after sounding completely confused) said they'd send someone up with one. We ended up asking the front desk twice, (the other time was after dinner on our way back up to the room right after the fire alarm went off) and never did get one sent to the room. I did notice that, besides the noise in the hallway, I could hear talking in the room beside us, and people walking in the room above us. So the rooms aren't great for noice, but with the water park being there, I understand it is a kids oriented hotel and you'll get the noise, but it's a little harder when you have little ones that oyu need to put down to sleep.

THE RESTAURANT:
We got the all inclusive package which consisted of dinner and breakfast at Jack Tanner's and lunch at the Wave pool restaurant. Jack Tanner's was just okay, but way over priced. The deal included the "Family Feast" dinner package which an was all-you-can-eat dinner served family style. We got a bowl of salad, plate of 2 types of pastas (fettucine alfredo, and penne pasta with red sauce and meatballs), then bland chicken with veggies, and finally we got a trip to the "dessert buffet" (which was a soft ice cream machine, some syrups, and sprinkles). When we got the bill for me to sign (even though the meal was included - we just had to sign for it) it had the prices on it. They claim it was $40 per person. I don't feel this meal was worth that at all. It was typical food, but definately not worth $40 a person. Plus, just as we got our chicken the fire alarm went off and we had to go wait outside. Thankfully it was a false alarm, but it was frustrating to have to wait outside where it was a bit chilly with young kids. I know that's not something the hotel could control, but when we went back in, our food was cold and the kids were tired and so we really didn't get to finish the meal too much. Our server was great though. She gave us extra ice cream bowls and said we could take them up to our room.

THE WATER PARK:
It wasn't as big as we were all thinking, but it was great for young kids. There were 4 large water slides (2 travelled out of the building, and 2 were a little shorter). Then there's the playground with the large bucket that tips when it gets full. There's also a "Tot" pool with jolly jumpers that are in the water and some toys, a small wave pool, and a hot tub. I found the water temperature was comfortable. It was cool initially, but you quickly get used to it.

OVERALL:
It was a great trip for 3 infants and 4 adults for just a weekend. I would not have paid the price we did though - but I believe Niagara Falls is overpriced no matter where you go anyway. I would just have asked if there's any sort of kids celebrations going on. If there's a lot of kids there, it will be very noisy everywhere.

Room Tip: Top floor, end of the halls - less hall traffic and no one above you.
3 Thank ladykit1980
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

Went for one night over the Easter weekend and was very busy.

Though the size of the pool is appropriate for young children, the water was too cold. You get out of the wave pool to go down the slides, waiting in line shivering.

Made the mistake of eating at the snack bar. 2 hotdogs, 1 pizza and nachos cost $40! I wouldn't complain if the food was actually good. The nachos was the only thing that came in a good portion size but it was horrible.

Kids had fun playing in the arcade.

Staff however are very friendly and helpful. But we went there for the pool, if it could be kept warmer it may have gotten a better rating.

Room Tip: We used another tripadvisor recommendation and asked for an upper room. Room was clean but still pap...
1 Thank phumigator
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

The service at restaurant is very slow. The wait staff were non-attentive. We were the only family in the restaurant for an early lunch. Two wait staff and the refills never came. I had to get up and ask for the refills and for a pen to sign my bill. The arcade area staff were wonderful and accommodating. The cleaning staff were polite. The front desk staff (half were very pleasant) and the other half were a bit cold and apathetic. The pool had clumps the size of a tennis ball floating around.

2 Thank Sapphire72
Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

Although we stay at hotels several times a year, I haven't posted in a long time but felt so strongly about this experience that I felt compelled to post a review. I actually waited a couple of months to do so because I had contacted the hotel management directly with my concerns after our stay. When I did not even receive an acknowledgement of my email, I wrote again to ask if my email had been received. I received a reply almost immediately simply to say they had received it, and I have heard nothing since.
We have stayed at the Americana several times in rooms of varying size and amenities, and never had any issues in the past. Not the case on this occasion! We took our daughter for her 6th birthday and booked a premium room, specifically because it boasted extra space which was what we needed on this occasion. What a disappointment when we saw the size of our room. Although it was sufficient enough for a normal size room, it had none of the extra space advertised....or paid for. However, our real shock and disappointment when we saw the room of my in-laws who had come down at the last minute to spend a night with us at the hotel. They arrived without a reservation and asked for a room near us. The room they were given was only a couple of doors down but was spacious, with large kitchenette and storage areas. And they told us that they paid significantly less than us, who had booked long before.
Throughout our stay, we did not have housekeeping, and neither our telephone nor heater worked. Additionally, the noise, loitering and partying in the hallway outside our room was intolerable and woke our daughter both nights. The stay was such a let down and completely turned us off the Americana, where we had stayed regularly for a number of years and had always recommended to others.
Most disappointing though, has been the lack of response from management when we wrote to express our concerns. It has been made clear that our business is not appreciated nor wanted.

Room Tip: If you go at all, insist on a room on a side wing to have some privacy and be able to sleep and walk...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank MemberOntario
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed for a night, 2 adults and 2 kids. We got a room with 2 queen beds. The room was very spacious and very clean, had 2 TVs and a small couch. Bathrooms were impeccably clean, especially the shower. The waterpark itself was thoroughly enjoyed by the kids and parents alike. Not crowded at all unlike bigger waterparks. The foods at the park were decently priced. With free wifi, a consistently strong signal at that. I wish I could have tried the spa, but the waterpark alone, was more than enough to tire us out. The Timothy's inside is a plus too, if you want good coffee and you're too lazy to drive out. I would definitely come back, even the kids are already planning for the next trip.

1 Thank alena_724
pasadena, Md
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

I stayed here for two nights using a Groupon with another family. We had between us $90 spa credit, $50 dinner credit, and $100 Seneca Casino credit. We were allowed to share a room for all 8 of us and packed our own air mattress for 2 of the kids. Tip: the standard room with 2 queens and bunk beds is larger than the two bedroom suite. The dinner was so-so nothing to write home about. The waterpark is nice, clean, and looked well maintained. There were plenty of lifeguards and no out of control children. It is much smaller than Great Wolf, so expect the kids to get bored much sooner. The spa was very nice and professional. I got the head, neck, and shoulders massage and was very happy with it.
I probably won't go back as Niagara Falls is a once in a lifetime trip, but I am glad I went and stayed at this hotel.

Room Tip: We looked at the two bedroom and the standard Jr Suite. The Jr suite fit 8 people better and was che...