“Great location overlooking Niagara gorge”

Super 8 Niagara Falls North
Ranked #59 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We enjoyed an overnight family getaway at this Super8 overlooking the Niagara Gorge. We could hear the whirlpool in the Niagara River from outside our hotel room door. The service was friendly and the room was clean. Great, quiet location. Enjoyed a family walk along the Niagara River. Great value.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sara M
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Niagara Falls North

Reviewed March 24, 2012

One of the better Super 8 experiences we've had...cleaner than most, quieter than most, and the owner very friendly and accommodating to our needs. Minor problems in the bathroom such as chain in toilet tank to allow the flush kept falling off every 3rd flush so tank had to be removed to pull chain to flush, and the hook behind the door was touching the ceiling; good water pressure in the shower though. The bed was clean, a little soft, but ok. The TV had a buzzing problem on certain channels and channel selection was limited. The price was great for off-season. The breakfast was included but the food was too processed, and no fresh fruit or yogurt available. The view and location are very picturesque and worth the stay...very close to the whirlpool rapids. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Next time would ask for a second floor room so as not to hear people walking above us.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Gabriella T
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for two nights in March. Considering what I paid, it was excellent value for the money!
I found the location to be excellent. The property is a few kilometres north of the downtown, and is right on the Niagara Parkway. Since I enjoy hiking and cycling, this was excellent.
My room was very good for a two star hotel. It had one huge bed and was in very good condition. The bathroom was very good.
The high-speed internet worked very well, and was complimentary. I did not partake of the compliomentary breakfast as I had my own food. The outdoor pool was closed, which is what one expects in Canada in March!
If you like hiking, I recommend the Niagara Glen, just 5-min away. If you like cycling, you are right on the Niagara River Pathway.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank BRIAN H
Reviewed March 22, 2012

great hotel quite pleased clean the only thing was the tv stations good price for the quality

Room Tip: lower floor on the front was quiet when we were there
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Barbara A
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Got a great online deal for a night stay and wine tour for 2 people that even included a bottle of wine - great deal! I knew this was a motel style place, not some fancy hotel resort, so I knew what I was getting into. May not look like much, but the employees at the counter are super nice, including Fred and Aaron (I spoke with them over the phone several times and they were very accommodating), and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The free wine bottle that was part of our rare deal (delicious VQA wine!) was even chilling in the ice bucket with 2 wine glasses (glass not plastic!) when we arrived back from our wine tour to check in, along with a welcome note! They upgraded us to a king size bed at no extra charge even since we were nice and chatting it up with the guys. There was even a fridge and microwave in the room to store and re-heat our leftovers. We called for a cab to Clifton Hill from the lobby taxi phone (only a 10 minute ride!), and the cab came within minutes of the call. We slept great, the beds were comfy, and we got the free continental breakfast. It's not a grand buffet or anything - just coffee, juice, cereal, bread and muffins, but it was all we needed and what you expect from the continental. The restaurant next door appeared to be closed when we were there so I am not sure about that, but it looked a bit sketchy, but can't say anything for sure. We went in February, so we couldn't test the outdoor heated pool - too bad. The day we left, Fred provided us with coupons to some attractions ($2 off Bird Kingdom) and we were off! My boyfriend and I said the same - it was COMFY, CLEAN - NO COMPLAINTS! The other motor-type places we drove by looked really run down and sketchy, so I think we lucked out with Super 8 North! Thanks for helping to make it a fun and great experience! Jasmin :)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank persnicketyjas
Reviewed March 5, 2012

The Good
-location was fine and near to where we needed to be,
-it was quiet and nicer enviroment conpared to Clifton Hill motels.
-it was clean

The Bad
-at no one time were the staff seeking to be hospitable or accomodating...both at check in and check out

-the bed was awful... we lay down and sank into the middle. so bad we could not sleep and packed up. at 1:30am. we went to the desk and said we are going to have to check out, getting a very sore back from the awful mattress.

-response... there is your reciept... dont understand why the mattress is a problem its only 3 years old ?
-I expected "sorry.. would you like another room"
unless they were expecting a coach load at 2am, there were visibly other rooms available. we were feezing cold ... middle of the night and had to look at the prospect of driving home.

-there were no comfortable chairs in the room just the hard one at the desk or I may have considered crashing on a chair...

-I guess you can have pets here, when we arrived, their is a nice grass area outside by the carpark, we watched dog owners letting there pets make a mess, this happened more than once... just a warning if you have kids and let them sit around near the car park.

The indifferent
-it says free breakfast, whilst we did not stay, having looked at the size of the breakfast area, one family would have filled it.
-all of the resturants around the hotel were closed, it would have been nice to stay somewhere with food nearby instead of having to drive back into Niagara falls,

Room Tip: not sure there is any, but ask for a ground floor room, we had more stairs that we were expecting to...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank turnbull
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Suoer8, the place one must stay once in his/her life, really a worth place to visit.
I love travelling, this was my first visit to Niagara Falls but unfortunately the weather turned terrible. We stayed at Super8, in few hours it started snowing heavy and i was so upset, i thought I will have to cancel all my plans but after few hours it stopped snowing and I looked out of the window, it was a snowy white surrounding and it was fairy beautiful, I was amazed to see it. It was a beautiful view, more beautiful than the hotel aroundf the falls, it made my stay more amazing than I thought. The rooms were very sapcious and comfortable. The satff was warm welcoming. I enjoyed my stay very much and I am waiting tyo again, I would recommend this hotel to everybody who is reading this and I told about this hotel and its view to all my friends.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple