“Be prepared”
Review of A-1 Motel

A-1 Motel
Ranked #91 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed May 29, 2012

False advertising... The pool wasn't up and running when we were there. The pics are much better than it looks. The showers are gross, I'd never let a child take a bath in there. There ar no clocks or phones in rm. Our room smelled like weed. The sheets were stained. NO ice machines, you do not control temp in your rm. the restaurant next door is pitiful. We had a blk beetle in r rm. Screaming kids in the early morning.... Some were guests there some were I believe the owners kids, they appeared to live in the office. On the plus side, it Was cheap, when we did ask for ice they gave me there ice outa there own freezer, and gave me air fresher for the weed smell lol. You do not get refund after checking in so beware!

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless u r traveling with no kids and want a cheap place to sleep
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Alexis Roxanne T

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Overall you get what you pay for but the service is horrible. I asked for a microwave and it took 4 hours my room was freezing and there was a horrible smell not to mention they have not renovated since they have been open. I would never come back.

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank Melba87
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We made our reservation for 3 nights. The staff was not so nice upon arrival, but at this time we did not care it. We just wanted to have rest. Well, I can not express the room we got! It was dirty and stinky, the restroom was old and poor. Just in case I took a few pictures and we told the manager that we want to leave ASAP and we want our money back because the place is disgusting. He was very rude as he told: "it is not a 5 star hotel, what did you expect? " Well, clean room, at least. Finally he has accepted our decision but wanted to keep one night fee because of late cancel - at that point I got really anxious. My husband called our travel agent and after a fight we got back our funds - I think it was the minimum we deserved. It was 8 pm at night and it took as another 4 hours to find a place to sleep after 10 hours of driving!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank KrisztaV77
Reviewed August 20, 2011

The place is far from everything...cost u a lot to get to town (and back of course) and no bus stop close
Rooms are small and a bit dirty
No place for suitcases!!!!
Avoid stopping by unless you're forced to!

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank backpacker_f
Reviewed August 1, 2011

MOLD, MOLD, MOLD,.....terrible hotel!!! Mold in the bathroom was black as the ace of spades. The rugs were dirty and goodness only knows what was crawling under the bed. The smell of the room was terrible. I actually went to the dollar store and purchased some candles. TV remote didn't work. Air conditioner, needed cleaning, was blowing out moldy,mildew air.
When you sat on the toilet you almost fell into the tub. The floor in the bathroom was hollow. It felt like you were going to go through any minute. We paid a whopping $300+_ tax for two nights. We did not go into the room first to inspect it before we paid. There was broken glass in the pool, from a patio table that smashed. The owners didn't rush to get it out, paid absolutely no attention to the issue. the waterslide was cracked and when it was brought to the owners attention, again they couldn't be bothered. Terrible service. Would I stay there again...ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! If I had pictures

Room Tip: Inspect the room before you pay for it.
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank clarkejube
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Went to A-1 and did not like the stay, found hidden behind the mirror a folded paper/plastic container for a insulin syringe i found that to be odd when the person who put it there would of just thrown it out unless they used it other wize then its purpose, there was also a beer bottle that was just sitting outside on grass before you even got in the room, our friends in the room next to us found junk pushed under the bed, and found a hole in the wall that was coverd by a pictureframe. I found that both of our rooms had falty tv's, the one had a plaid colour defect and our room had a spot that was purple, so over all i would not recomend this motel to any one till maby some upgrades and some more cleaning inspecting is done to make it to what the rating everyone has rated them, witch is 3.5/5.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank kev1990
Reviewed May 29, 2011

I was really surprised when i arrived at A1 Motel, This place is not bad at all , boy do people over exaggerate. First, wonderful service. Second, clean room for the price paid $50. Third, convenient location (walking distant to the Factory Outlet, city bus service, restaurants n etc), 10 mins drive from the water falls. Looking forward to bringing my family over to A1 Motel. And its all about customer service and they surely got it...

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends