“This woman can cook!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lola's Real Good Eats - CLOSED

Lola's Real Good Eats
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating
Description: Open daily from 7am until 2pm - Breakfast is available all day. Try our Breakfast Poutine. Free Parking Motorcycles Welcome Senior Specials No Additional Tourist Tax here.
York, Pennsylvania
“This woman can cook!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

I'm not a big breakfast person, so when my hubby suggested we head to Lola's I didn't have high expectations. I ordered the egg/cheese/bacon sandwich and thought I would be just getting some blah sandwich to go with my hubby's pancakes. I was so wrong. It was the best, most flavorful egg sandwich I've ever had. The atmosphere is friendly, and the owner, Wendy, made us feel like family. I was the one insisting we go back for breakfast on the second day! The pancakes are huge and make sure you get the homefries - I don't like potatoes and was stealing them from my husband's plate. Excellent homemade food at an excellent price,

2 Thank BalloonistAnn
Wendy S, Manager at Lola's Real Good Eats, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
It was great meeting you and your husband Ann!! Thanks so much for sharing your experience. It's folks like you that make my job enjoyable. So glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to your return soon!!

Emigsville, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic breakfast, Great service, Great Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

My Wife and I just stayed in the Niagara area to tour the falls and found Lola's Real Good Eats here on Tripadvisor. The food was wonderful and a great price too. I ordered pancakes and they were almost as big as the plate! They were soooo good! The portions are very generous and the prices are very, very good. We had the opportunity to meet Wendy, the owner who gave us some great tips on places to see and things to do. CT the parakeet entertained us as we ate. We had breakfast at Lola's both days we were staying in the area and will definitely go again when we visit next time. Our bill each day was $10 for a great breakfast. There is a Red Line WeGo bus stop right outside and we highly recommend the WeGo as a way to get around the Niagara area. If you are looking for a nice diner with great food, this is it!

2 Thank mikeinpa2011
Wendy S, Owner at Lola's Real Good Eats, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thanks Mike for taking the time to add your review. I thoroughly enjoy sharing this great City of Niagara Falls and its features with guests such as yourselves. Getting the tourists off the beaten path is always great too and I am glad you enjoyed my suggestions. Looking forward to your return !!
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Her Name is Lola, She is a Multi-talented Proprietess”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

When you drive by, or even look inside this shack of an establishment you might think you've gone to the wrong place. How can this ordinary hole in the wall with, at 12 noon today, one staff member (cook and server) be as good as the reviews. BUT it is,, if you are patient and not starving get to Lola's! Everyone enjoyed their very delicious and reasonable meal, and we had our first serving of poutine. The portions are great the biscuits insanely delectable, and the friendly atmosphere is special. Most places we passed en route were crowded so we were a bit nervous when we only saw one other table inside, but we trusted our fellow trip advisor reviewers and are so glad!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Wendy S, Owner at Lola's Real Good Eats, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to add your review, I truly appreciate it! I may be a little slower but I think you would agree the wait is well worth it....lol. So glad you especially enjoyed the biscuits and the poutine. I hope you enjoyed your visit to the falls and look forward to your return sometime soon.
“Great family breakfast/lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

We were on our last day of our vacation at Niagara Falls and wanted to find a really good breakfast that was off the beaten "tourist" path. I saw reviews of Lola's and wanted to try it since it was still close to the hotels. Not only was the food homemade and outstanding, it was great for the entire family (ages 6,9,10). The pancakes were huge, the breakfast poutine was amazing (we hadn't ever tried poutine before -- don't have that in Texas), and the service was great. And the prices were sooooo much less than on the main tourist streets. Thanks for the great experience.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Dion H
So not everything is bigger in Texas!!!!! They don't have poutine...never mind of the breakfast variety...LOL. So glad you stopped in and enjoyed your breakfast. It was great chatting with you and meeting your family.. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Niagara and arrived home safely. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and perhaps one day we will meet again.
“Your first stop for breakfast!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Do yourself a favor and get out of the Clifton Hill area. Your wallet and your tummy will thank you. The owner does the cooking. Get over to Lolas for breakfast and/or lunch.
Thanks for a good meal!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Wendy S, Owner at Lola's Real Good Eats, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thanks so much for your review. I hope you enjoyed your stay in Niagara Falls and I'm glad you were able to get out of the tourist area and see the "real" city of Niagara. I hope you will come back again soon...