“Hidden Gem”
Review of Angelo's Trattoria

Angelo's Trattoria
Ranked #64 of 572 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Authentic rustic Italian cuisine just like your mother and Nonna would make. Come Live, Laugh & Enjoy.
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

This place is a hidden gem in Niagara! Just a couple of blocks off the beaten path will get you to the best Italian meal you've ever had! Great atmosphere and the service was excellent.
I had the chicken parm which was wonderful and my husband had the chicken Alfredo which he loved! The bread with chickpea and sun dried tomato spread was also really great. Highly recommended for anyone looking for great Italian food! As an added bonus because it's not one of the many chain restaurants in the area it is much more reasonable in pricing for a meal.

1  Thank ambriar
There are newer reviews for Angelo's Trattoria

Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Great place to eat lunch, dinner and special occasions MAGNIFICO grazi Angelo and Amanda and the rest of the wait staff!

1  Thank Anthony T
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Looking to get away from chain restaurants in Niagara Falls Canada I looked in a local phone book for Italian restaurants and found Angelo's Trattoria. The food was excellent. If you are looking for good Italian food this is the place to go. If you are look pizza you may want to go somewhere else. There was plenty of free parking on the side of the building. I had the veal parm and my husband tried the lasagna, both were excellent. I really liked the chickpea and sundried tomato spread instead of butter for the bread. Will definitely go there again.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

After looking at all the corporate offerings in town, we wanted something different. We picked it out, but was confirmed by a couple of locals as a good choice.

We knew from the smell entering the room it would be a good night - confirmed by one glance at the menu. Ambiance is simple, classic Italian. Candles on tables. It is also brand new and very clean.

We went on a Tuesday night, off season. No wait, window table for 4 (2 adults, 2 kids) at 7PM (no reservations). We were one of 4 tables going at the time. One server.

Complimentary bread with chickpea and dried tomato spread was a nice way to start.

Apps of fried calamari was good, grilled marinated octopus was very good. Youngest had spaghetti and meatballs (good), older boy had chicken parm (very good). Wife ordered an appetizer up-sized to a meal and loved it. I had the baccala. Haven't had it in over 20 years and it was a nice treat. Very good.

Service was spot on. Plates came out on a timely basis. Good portions.

Prices very reasonable. Incredibly reasonable when considering what other places charge.

Saw in a review elsewhere they didn't take Amex, which is not true now.

If we lived in the area we would be regulars. Skip the chains and try this place. You won't be disappointed.

PS. I forgot we also got the caprese. A nice treat with good tomatoes.

1  Thank Timothy D
Reviewed April 17, 2014

5 years ago my daughter and I found this restaurant on a trip to Niagara Falls. It was called Casa Vostra back then. Yesterday we were in Niagara Falls for another trip. The restaurant made such an impression that we drove around until we found it again. It's been renamed, but it's the same owners and amazing food
We had the mozzarella wrapped in prosciutto with a side salad of arugula for an appetizer - AMAZING!! Mt daughter had Tilapia stuffed with shrimp and scallops and I had the chicken parm. All the food was fantastic. So glad we went on an adventure to find the restaurant and succeeded.