“Diamond in the Rough”

Angelo's Trattoria
Ranked #54 of 553 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Authentic rustic Italian cuisine just like your mother and Nonna would make. Come Live, Laugh & Enjoy.
Cambridge
“Diamond in the Rough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

We had an excellent meal on New Years Eve. The Reception and service was top notch. I reserved a table for six with request for a special meal option for my best friend. They delivered in spades. They served us with three servings of fresh bread stick with a olive/chickpea tapanade'. Not only was his meal perfect and to his wishes, so was the rest of our meals and appetizers. We had three bottles of wine with our meal and we all had a fabulous dessert to cap off an excellent meal. The Chef came to our table to see if my friend's meal was to his liking as well as the rest of our party. The manager came to our table to make sure our service and expectations were met. I assured him that I was going to contact Trip Adviser and send in a review for "A Diamond in the Rough". We are definitely coming back as well I have recommended Angelo's Trattoria to our friends. Bon Appite'

Niagara Falls, O
“perfection.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We started with grilled calamari which was an appetizer special - it was AMAZING.... fresh local bread was served with a olive/chick pea tapanade....the chicken genovese was perfect served wtih a side of pasta with the most amazing vodka sauce - didn't want it to end. We shared a creme brulee which was perfect for sharing - the carmelized topping was still warm - yum! The price is perfect for tthe value received. My new fav restaurant - can't wait to go back. We also went for lunch previously and had the sausage/potatoes/peppers and rapini - it was also fab! great little wine list too!

• Visited January 2014
“Wonderful restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

Very welcoming and intimate restaurant, great atmosphere. We had excellent, thorough service and amazing food at good prices. You can tell that there is a lot of thought and care put into all aspects of this restaurant. We will definitely be back again!

Hamilton, Canada
“A great place for a date!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

My fiancé and I were in Niagara Falls for the night and were craving some authentic Italian food. The environment was comforting and home like and the staff was welcoming and friendly. As for the food; we started off with the Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Fresh Mozzarella then for her she had the Eggplant Parm and I had the Veal chop which was cooked to perfection! I feel like the food was cooked in a real traditional Italian style with fresh and savoury ingredients.

We had a great visit and we plan on returning for our anniversary in the new year!

• Visited November 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“Tasty Business Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

I had a great experience at Angelo's Trattoria with my client. We started with a generous antipasto platter followed by the gnocchi tomato pasta. The food was excellent and the service was great. Chef Angelo was warm and welcoming. A true talent! I can't wait to come back to the Niagara area to try another dish at this authentic Italian restaurant.