“Great hotel, Great Room, only 1 complaint”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Niagara Falls
Fallsview Casino Resort
Ranked #15 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
NY, NY
“Great hotel, Great Room, only 1 complaint”
Reviewed October 20, 2010

We stayed recently in room 1718 which was a fantastic corner room with a 1st row view of the Falls and a side window overlooking the city. The room was great...very clean. I concur with all the reviews below on the fantastic hotel, restaurants, Vegas-like atmosphere, accessibility, etc... Some of the issues I did have with the hotel was the fact they had wired Internet in the room, but no cable...when I went to the front desk they had cables, but informed me they are not supplied in the room, but I could buy one for $7. Wireless was only available in the lobby. I can understand wireless not available in each room (even though it is more and more of a standard at hotels), BUT to charge $7 for a .50 cent network cable on top of a $250 hotel room was ridiculous, and pretty low-rent. Wireless Internet was available in the lobby only, and it was odd and sad to see about 7 people with their laptops and iPods in the lobby using the internet on the chairs and couches in such a nice place. Even the $50 hotel I stayed in on my way to Niagara Falls had free wireless internet in the room. ANY room at a hotel I have stayed in that had internet had a cable in the desk, or available at the front desk at your request. I thought it was pretty bush-league from such a nice hotel. Another odd thing was that in the closet was a table secured to the floor with a safe on top and a Kureg coffee maker in the mid-section. I love that the room had the electronic safe and coffee maker, but it took up 80% of the closet, so hanging up more than 2 jackets in the closet would be tough...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank vector1701

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Great views of both Falls from corner rooms (suites) and of either Horseshoe or American Falls from other rooms....rooms are expensive but worth it for the once in lifetime views.

Get free players card from the hotel's casono on arrival to obtain discounted meals in hotel restaurant: Buffet breakfast for CAD 12 and lunch/dinner for CAD 20....fantastic choice. We only ate outside the hotel once during our 4 nights there.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Miconstab
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed October 8, 2010

My husband and I, along with another couple, traveled from North Carolina, to stay at your fabulous Fallsview Casino Resort from Sept. 23rd thru the 25th. This was a return trip for us and we were very excited to bring new friends along for their very first visit to Canada. Months in advance, when booking two rooms for two nights, I requested rooms with Fallsview somewhere near the 14th floor or higher (based on our last visit with you.). Wallking through the grand lobby, my friend said to me, "Oh, - this place is like the Bellagio we stayed at in Vegas!! I agreed, but I think Fallsview is even better. Our rooms on the 17th floor had fabulous views of the falls and fireworks. I agree with all the wonderful things written in these reviews. Immaculate, modern, glamerous, convenient to everything including great shopping,and and very best customer service ever. My purse strap broke while there and Michael helped find a tool to fix it. The Front Desk Supervisor and the entire staff were so warm and pleasant going out ot their way to help in any way they could. They made it one of the very best traveling experiences ever! We'll be back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank LikeToTravel003
cleveland, ohio
Reviewed September 7, 2010

This hotel is wonderful. The view from the room is spectacular. Rooms are clean and the updated decor is lovely. Only problem--they have a poor selection of TV channels.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank HighlandHeightsOH
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 6, 2010

My family and I stayed at the Fallsview Casino after weeks of research. We are so glad we did! The location could not have been better! We had a corner room, directly overlooking the falls. At night, not only could we see the illumination from the falls right from our hotel room, but we were also able to order room service and watch the fireworks as well! The hotel is first class, all of the way...everything is new, from the marble floors, to the multiple elevators, and even the extravagant decor.

This hotel is within walking distance from everything, but you don't have to leave the property to find everything that you need. There are multiple stores, over 8 full-service restaurants, a fitness center, spa and a truly awesome casino! We definitely felt like we were in Vegas at times! The rooms were incredibly clean and spacious, and the bathrooms in the rooms are impeccable. Be prepared to spend for food, as the restaurants in the hotel are quite pricey. We used AAA to book the rooms and received a discount. If you get a player's club card (they are free) when you arrive, you can receive a discounted buffet in the casino and free parking at the hotel.

I think it is also worth mentioning all of the wonderful things to do in the surrounding area as well. My sisters and I did the adventure pass at Niagara Falls, and it was an amazing time. If you have time to only do two things at the Falls...I would highly recommend the Maid of the Mist boat ride and Journey Behind the Falls. These are classic activities at the Falls, and you will not be disappointed. When you are able to stand face-to-face with the roaring water, and hear the rumble and feel the water on your face, you realize the majesty, power and history of the Falls, and just that...makes the trip worthwhile! My sisters and I also took a day trip to Niagara-on-the-Lake. I highly recommend this trip as well, as the country is absolutely beautiful and charming. We did a day-spa trip to Pillar and Post spa (recently ranked # 1 in Canada)...the relaxation room was phenomenal, and they have a one-of a kind natural hot springs (outside)...you must try. We were so glad we did it! Finally, I must recommend The Keg restaurant. It has a very reasonably priced menu, excellent food, and the best dining view in Niagara. Again, we were able to eat overlooking the Falls, at night, and were able to watch the illumination and fireworks display as a family.

In the end, our Niagara trip was both beautiful and filled with adventure. Thanks to the Fallsview Casino, we had a front-row seat to one of nature's most extraordinary, natural wonders! The location is perfect, and the quality and class of the hotel cannot be beat! I only wish that the Fallsview would allow small dogs at their property because I hate to leave my little pup at home, but otherwise...Fallsview Casino is an A+ in our book, and we hope to someday visit again!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
7 Thank ChicagoGirl017
Maryland
Reviewed September 1, 2010

All of the positive reviews about the Fallsview Hotel & Casino (Canadian side, by the way, is the only way to go) were 100% right - glad I did my research in advance for my 9 family members (from ages 7 to 88) and chose this hotel (stayed Wed, Thurs and checked out Friday morning to avoid the weekend crowd and since it was less expensive during the weekdays). If you can request and get Room # 1715, you will not complain - breathtaking view of both Falls and the fireworks on Weds and Sats! They had many elevators and they were all working and very quick (unlike other viewed hotels supposedly). If you have AAA, you can get a small discount. They have an indoor rectangular pool / whirlpool, nothing elaborate. Wish I had known about the free mini fridge we could have requested. The only complaint I (personally) have is that I did not fair that well in the casino (slots) - not very lucky during my stay, but others were around me...like the saying goes...sometimes you win some and sometimes you lose some!. Note: Yes, they can easily and quickly turn US Dollars into Canadian dollars at any of their "Cashiers". They also have a nice Grand Buffet (all day) within the casino, which might just be more convenient and cheaper than trying to find a place outside. Notes outside of the hotel, August was the perfect month to go to the Falls, weatherwise. It was in the 70s-80s and no humidity at all the entire time. Little sweater needed at nighttime. Must do Maid of the Mist at least once. My (85yr old) dad's once in a lifetime dream to see Niagara Falls in person, came true! He had the best time ever...it was worth every penny and if money is not an issue for you, then THIS is the hotel to stay at. Highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank CatwomanMaryland
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We stayed at the Fallsview Casino Resort for two nights with our teenage son. I did book this hotel beacause of the reviews I saw here on trip advisor. I was not disappointed in the least! This hotel lived up to every expectation. I requested a fallsview room when making my reservation. We arrived earlier than check in time andthe woman at the check in counter told us we could check our baggage with the bellman and he would hold it until our room was ready.She did tell us there was a room ready on the 12th floor but if it was our first trip there, we should check back after 1pm and she would get us a room with a better view. We left and went and did some attractions and then came back around 2ish. We were directed to a room on the 23rd floor(2309) Well, it was worth the wait. The view from the room was breath taking and even got my husband to agree that spending the extra money was worth the view. I did as another reviewer suggested and asked for a mini fridge for our room and they promptly brought one up at no extra charge. We found all of the staff too be friendly and courteous. The room was spotless and nicely decorated. While we dont feel the air conditioning worked up to par in the room, it was comfortable enough. There is many places to eat within the hotle and it is only a short walk to the Maid of the mist boat ride and even shorter in the opposite direction for the incline plain ride to the journey behind the falls. The room was not cheap as it was a Friday and Saturday night and they do get you 10.00 for self parking. We did sign up for PAC card within the casino and if you gamble some, the PAC card did give us free self parking. While food and drink is not cheap there, nor anywhere there in Niagara falls, we did bring some bottled water and sodas with us and put them in our mini fridge. If you are staying there on a weekend ,I highly suggest restaurant reservations. We did not make any and wound up waiting 40 minutes for a seat at a restaurant. (all that we tried had 40 minute wait) Unfortunately, several of the restaurants we wanted to go to we could not as our 13 yr old could not access them. You can only get to a few from the casino floor and no one under 19 is allowed in the casino. The casino itself did not impress us as there was not many table games, more slots than anything, and on Saturday night it was mobbed. Slots we also not very loose. Infamous one arm bandits. We are also used to Atlantic city casinos where they bring you drinks while you are playing. We were only able to get one drink in the two nights we were there. Not enough waitresses working the floors in our opinion.Taxes in Canada are high, at 13%. Stay away from Ruby Tuesdays downtown in Clifton hill. Bad food, terrible service. Ihop across the street was pretty good and service was excellent. Dont waste your money at Margarittaville as food was only middle of the road. Drinks there were ridiculously priced. Best place for converting your money from American tender to Canadian, was on the casion floor. For us , every 100 USD got you 101 CAD. All of the other places we found were only giving us 97 cents on a dollar. As a whole, I can highly recommend this hotel. Rooms were clean. Staff was friendly, View was amazing!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family