All reviews grand buffet avalon theatre fallsview casino players card horseshoe falls american falls non smoking tim hortons great view smoking room free parking self parking canadian side skylon tower floor keurig niagara
Reviewed November 14, 2005

We stayed here last Nov. 13 to celebrate my husband's birthday and we came with our 2 year old son... we loved every minute of it... from check in to check out.. check in was quite fast... our room was the deluxe fallsview with 2 queen beds... the view was really nice esp at night... we had a view of the american falls and partial view of the canadian falls... but what made it nicer for me was that you can see the lights of clifton hill and it seemed like we were right beside the minolta tower.... we were on the 26th flr and we can still see the lights festival w/c our son really liked. the beds were really comfy w/ the down pillows and duvets... overall the room was very clean... check out was very fast too and no surprise charges there... the only downside I could think of was the lack of good channels on tv... they didn't have treehouse w/c my son always watches... but we would definitely come back there... in fact, I've already boooked a room there for valentines... ;)

Date of stay: November 2005
5  Thank babypooh
Reviewed September 11, 2005

We stayed at the Niagara Fallsview on Sept 9, 2005 in the Parlor Suite on the 31st floor. The suite has an amazing view of both the American and Horseshoe Falls. We had an amazing view of the fireworks as well. My boyfriend (now fiancé) booked the room to propose to me during the fireworks. He was very happy with how the room turned out to be. The bathroom was amazing with a glass shower, a Jacuzzi and double sinks. You can also see the falls from the bathroom. My only complain was that at night, you can hear the sound of the wind blowing from the door of the main entrance. We were able to check out at 12pm (instead of 11pm) at no extra charge. It was a very memorable experience.

Date of stay: September 2005
6  Thank waitwait
Reviewed June 27, 2005

I just returned from an overnight stay at the Falls. I was in Toronto for a conference and came for an overnight stay. The view from the room is not to be believed. I thought I might be able to see the falls or have a decent view of it. I was not ready for the absolutely stunning view from the huge window. I could see the entire area including both the American and Canadian Falls. It was truly unbelievable and worth every penny that I paid for the room.

I got the deluxe fallsview room with 2 queen beds. Besides the view, the rooms were very nice. The bathroom was good sized with a separate bath and shower and marble floors and tile. The room was fairly spacious with nice comfy beds.

We ate dinner in the buffet which was good, but nothing spectacular (we go to Vegas quite often, so we are used to their buffets). We had a late night snack at Crazy Sushi and it was very good, although a bit pricy. We also had breakfast at Denny's across the street, which was also a bit pricy for a Denny's. Thanks to all the messages I read on Tripadvisor, I went to Niagara Falls with the expectation that prices in general would be high, so I was not surprised by it at all.

I would highly recommend this hotel, because of the view and the great rooms. You will love it.

Date of stay: June 2005
20  Thank lomo
Reviewed June 7, 2005

On Monday, June 6th we arrived at the nearly new Niagara Fallsview Casino and Resort. The check-in staff and concierge were extremely pleasant and helpful. Our room with two queen beds was very comfortable and nicely decorated, but more importantly, the views of both the Canadian and American falls were spectacular. The pool was perfect for the little ones to enjoy, which they did later in the day.

Shortly after check-in, we walked down to the Maid of the Mist boat ride. The prices were somewhat higher than advertised in the Plain Dealer, but nevertheless, worth every penny! It was exhilarating and totally fun! The children loved it.

We adventured down to Clifton Hill - very tourist-like area but enjoyable for the children, especially since we found the arcade. They had a blast!

If I had one complaint it was the breakfast we had at "Famous" restaurant just inside the main lobby. The childrens' portions were adult size and also adult prices. It was disheartening to see so much food go to waste. I would advise anyone eating there with children (ours were ages 6 and 9) to split a breakfast. Three huge pancakes and 3 giant slices of French toast were enough to feed 4 children, at least. Also, it would be great if the casino had a separate entrance to their buffet so that children could partake of the feast. Since you have to go through the casino, they are not allowed into the restaurant.

Overall, this was one of the most enjoyable short vacations we've had in a long while.

In November of 2004 we did stay at the Hilton across the street and would also recommend it - the prices were definitely less than the Fallsview and also the pool was a great attraction for children (which we didn't have with us on that visit).

16  Thank Climber18050
Reviewed May 17, 2005

ROOMS - the rooms are well appointed, spacious and offer fabulous views of the falls (if you request a room on the falls' side). They first sent us to a smoking room when we had specifically requested a non-smoking room, so be sure to double check at the front desk before lugging all your bags up to the wrong floor. Also, they sent us up to the room before it had been cleaned, which is annoying and something that shouldn't happen in this day and age with computers. The bathrooms are nice and clean, marble floors, glass shower, but no soaker/whirlpool tub. Also, no bathrobes, which I would have expected in a hotel at this pricepoint. A huge surprise was that there was no fridge in the room, which I had counted on to store my infant daughter's milk and food. Definitely the view of the falls make the high price for this hotel worth it.

RESTAURANTS - the buffet is actually located INSIDE the casino, so if you have any children with you, you will not be able to eat there. This was a huge disappointment for us, either they are purposefully discouraging children in the buffet or the designers forgot to make a separate entrance. We tried Johnny Rockets for lunch in the food court which was alright except we paid $15 for a burger, fries and drink and $10 for a grilled cheese and drink. For dinner we tried Crazy Sushi... the food was as good as any of the other Crazy Sushi locations in the Greater Toronto Area and only slightly more expensive, however, the service was probably the worst I've experienced in a long time. They only opened a month ago and my guess is the owners have never run a restaurant before. We had to practically accost the waitress for more tea. When the dishes came, the waitress seemed to expect us to move our plates to help her. They did however, happily provide me with a bowl of hot water to warm my daughter's milk. When we finished dinner, we sat for about 20 minutes without tea or a waitress to be found to ask for the bill. We stopped a kitchen person and asked him for our bill. Then we waited another 15 minutes before we stopped another waitress who uttered the worse thing any server could say "well, who's your waitress? my tables are all down there". Finally, we were able to pay and leave. Despite our complaints, we got a meek little "sorry" and nothing else. Given that our party was 8 people, any smart restauranteur would try to make amends and ensure our return or at least stop us from spreading the news of our bad experience to everyone we know.

SPA - beautiful facilities, offering use of hot tub, steam room and sauna. Smoothly run, clean, calm and well appointed. The change room is massive, with private lockers, robes, slippers, towels, complimentary mouthwash, toothbrushes, etc. The waiting room is ok, kind of small, but there was a ready supply of coffee and tea. I tried the Caviar Facial, 2 hours of pure relaxation, the head and face massage are amazing. I've never heard of the product line they use, but it was alright. Extremely relaxing environment.

OVERALL - with it's fancy Las Vegas style, this is definitely one of the best Niagara Falls hotels to stay at and the casino and views from the room made the extra cost worth it.

Date of stay: May 2005