All reviewsgrand buffetavalon theatrefallsview casinoplayers cardhorseshoe fallsamerican fallsnon smokingcorner roomtim hortonsgreat viewsmoking roomfree parkingself parkingcanadian sideskylon towerclifton hillfloor
Reviewed June 7, 2005

On Monday, June 6th we arrived at the nearly new Niagara Fallsview Casino and Resort. The check-in staff and concierge were extremely pleasant and helpful. Our room with two queen beds was very comfortable and nicely decorated, but more importantly, the views of both the Canadian and American falls were spectacular. The pool was perfect for the little ones to enjoy, which they did later in the day.

Shortly after check-in, we walked down to the Maid of the Mist boat ride. The prices were somewhat higher than advertised in the Plain Dealer, but nevertheless, worth every penny! It was exhilarating and totally fun! The children loved it.

We adventured down to Clifton Hill - very tourist-like area but enjoyable for the children, especially since we found the arcade. They had a blast!

If I had one complaint it was the breakfast we had at "Famous" restaurant just inside the main lobby. The childrens' portions were adult size and also adult prices. It was disheartening to see so much food go to waste. I would advise anyone eating there with children (ours were ages 6 and 9) to split a breakfast. Three huge pancakes and 3 giant slices of French toast were enough to feed 4 children, at least. Also, it would be great if the casino had a separate entrance to their buffet so that children could partake of the feast. Since you have to go through the casino, they are not allowed into the restaurant.

Overall, this was one of the most enjoyable short vacations we've had in a long while.

In November of 2004 we did stay at the Hilton across the street and would also recommend it - the prices were definitely less than the Fallsview and also the pool was a great attraction for children (which we didn't have with us on that visit).

16  Thank Climber18050
Reviewed May 17, 2005

ROOMS - the rooms are well appointed, spacious and offer fabulous views of the falls (if you request a room on the falls' side). They first sent us to a smoking room when we had specifically requested a non-smoking room, so be sure to double check at the front desk before lugging all your bags up to the wrong floor. Also, they sent us up to the room before it had been cleaned, which is annoying and something that shouldn't happen in this day and age with computers. The bathrooms are nice and clean, marble floors, glass shower, but no soaker/whirlpool tub. Also, no bathrobes, which I would have expected in a hotel at this pricepoint. A huge surprise was that there was no fridge in the room, which I had counted on to store my infant daughter's milk and food. Definitely the view of the falls make the high price for this hotel worth it.

RESTAURANTS - the buffet is actually located INSIDE the casino, so if you have any children with you, you will not be able to eat there. This was a huge disappointment for us, either they are purposefully discouraging children in the buffet or the designers forgot to make a separate entrance. We tried Johnny Rockets for lunch in the food court which was alright except we paid $15 for a burger, fries and drink and $10 for a grilled cheese and drink. For dinner we tried Crazy Sushi... the food was as good as any of the other Crazy Sushi locations in the Greater Toronto Area and only slightly more expensive, however, the service was probably the worst I've experienced in a long time. They only opened a month ago and my guess is the owners have never run a restaurant before. We had to practically accost the waitress for more tea. When the dishes came, the waitress seemed to expect us to move our plates to help her. They did however, happily provide me with a bowl of hot water to warm my daughter's milk. When we finished dinner, we sat for about 20 minutes without tea or a waitress to be found to ask for the bill. We stopped a kitchen person and asked him for our bill. Then we waited another 15 minutes before we stopped another waitress who uttered the worse thing any server could say "well, who's your waitress? my tables are all down there". Finally, we were able to pay and leave. Despite our complaints, we got a meek little "sorry" and nothing else. Given that our party was 8 people, any smart restauranteur would try to make amends and ensure our return or at least stop us from spreading the news of our bad experience to everyone we know.

SPA - beautiful facilities, offering use of hot tub, steam room and sauna. Smoothly run, clean, calm and well appointed. The change room is massive, with private lockers, robes, slippers, towels, complimentary mouthwash, toothbrushes, etc. The waiting room is ok, kind of small, but there was a ready supply of coffee and tea. I tried the Caviar Facial, 2 hours of pure relaxation, the head and face massage are amazing. I've never heard of the product line they use, but it was alright. Extremely relaxing environment.

OVERALL - with it's fancy Las Vegas style, this is definitely one of the best Niagara Falls hotels to stay at and the casino and views from the room made the extra cost worth it.

• Stayed: May 2005
11  Thank leea8888
Reviewed May 9, 2005

I stayed at the Fallsview for a convention. What an amazing facility. The room had a picture postcard view of the Falls. I could not have asked for a more dramatic view. The room was extremely well appointed and the bathroom was a dream. Service was amazing. One complaint: the restaurants are expensive.

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled on business
7  Thank M Z
Reviewed April 10, 2005

Stayed here last weekend and loved every minute.....except losing $$$ on the slots. Otherwise the rooms were beautiful, hotel was beautiful, casino was nice because they actually had real poker tables and a non smoking area, spa was heaven, and the food was good. Its nice to have a mini mall in the resort too! The view was amazing of both falls. Wonderful hotel and highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: April 2005
13  Thank JDP527
Reviewed March 29, 2005

Everyone was extremely friendly. We were served promptly at check-in and all requests that we had were serviced immediately. The room rates were terrific for the beautiful views and amenities. I felt like a princess!

Beautiful hotel - I would return in a heartbeat! Highly recommended!

One thing to keep in mind, they do not comp drinks in the casino...at least not for machine players...

• Stayed: March 2005