“Classy hotel - lose the pomegrenate motif please!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Niagara Falls
Fallsview Casino Resort
Ranked #14 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed March 9, 2008

The Fallsview hotel is adjacent to the casino - it's meant to be a more upscale hotel, so the amenities are significantly better than other hotels you'd find in Niagara Falls. I've stayed at this hotel more than 20 times in the last 2 years because I like the many suites with a great view of the falls.

Great things about the hotel:

1) Bathroom - everything inside the bathroom is marble. The bathroom is very spacious, with a jacuzzi and shower stall. Depending on your room, your jacuzzi may directly face the Falls (very romantic!)

2) Regency Club lounge - if you're staying on a higher floor (costs a bit more), you'll get access into the Regency Club lounge on the 30th floor, which is open until 2 or 3am at night. The lounge has WONDERFUL view of both the American and Horseshoe Falls, has an abundance of free hors d'oeurves and beverages and Internet access. I usually go up for breakfast in the mornings and late-night snacks.

3) Bedding - the bed and pillows are very comfortable. Once you get into bed, you never want to get up again!

4) VIEWS - Try to get the Diplomat suite, which has floor-to-ceiling windows around the room (the room has a circular layout) that allow you to see the Falls with unobstructed views.

5) Terrace - the casino/hotel has a beautiful terrace that you can walk along to view the falls, away from the crowds that are usually standing on Niagara Parkway.

Not so good things:

1) Service - service could be slow or subpar sometimes, because front desk is dealing with a large number of customers and will take a while to address your request.

2) Pomegrenate motif on curtains & bedding - I might be picky here, but I really don't like the green & yellow pomegrenate motify in the rooms. The hotel is very upscale, but this pattern is quite ugly and can ruin the ambience of the room.

3) Location - the hotel is not on the main Clifton Hills strip, so you have to walk a bit to actually get to the Falls and the attractions. If you have a car though, this shouldn't be a problem.

Overall, if you are planning a romantic getaway and you want a nice view of the falls in an upscale hotel, Fallsview is a great place to stay. The casino restaurant 17 Noir is an excellent place for a romantic dinner. If you're more budget-oriented, then you're better off in one of the hotels closer to Clifton Hills (which are cheaper but have no views).

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
9  Thank pactio

Reviewed January 28, 2008

This place is very luxurious-rooms have a great view of the falls. Staff are pleasant and efficient. Hotel just steps from the casino, shopping and eateries. Food prices though are very high. Marble lobby and bathrooms. Nice and quiet in the hotel. If you have a casino players' card you may be eligible for a reduced rate at the hotel. I got a room that normally is $269 for only $129. Be sure to ask when you book your room.

Stayed: January 2008
3  Thank b12shots
Reviewed August 23, 2007

We just spent several days in Niagara Falls, Canada. It was wonderful and we had plenty to do, but it has become much more expensive since the last time we were there. We found food prices to be exceptionally high until we found a great solution. We discovered that it was less expensive to eat at the Fallsview Casino! We ate all of our meals there after the first night. Every meal was a buffet of gourmet food that included international meals, salads and desserts in a beautiful atomsphere. We don't gamble, but we obtained player cards to get discounts on the food and parking. If you bet as little as 5.00, parking is free and it is centrally located to many of the other attractions. This was a great discovery and made the trip a little less expensive. One caveat....children are not allowed in the casino.

4  Thank keencelt
Reviewed July 11, 2007

I purchased our two night stay at the Fallsview Casino Hotel at an Educational TV fundraiser in January 2007. I booked the reservation for July to celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary.

WOW!!! The Fallsview is absolutely the best. Click my ID and you will see that I travel often and to diverse places. Fallsview staff were very careful to every detail. Prior to this stay, never did a maid "turn down the bed covers", lay out robes and slippers, turn on the radio music and leave bottled water in the evening. The maid also refreshed the towels, took out the trash and neatened up the room each evening. We had service two times a day. We felt that we were being very well cared for by this maid!

The concierge was extremely helpful in getting me internet access.

Rachelle and others at the check in desk did a great job. We arrived around noon, not expecting to check in until 3:00 p.m. But our room was ready and we were allowed the early check in.

Our room was on the 23 floor, and directly outside our window was the majestic Horseshoe Falls! When I saw the view, I said to my husband "We are not leaving this hotel / resort until after check out." No, I did not want to miss one second of the stay at this beautiful place.

We had dinner at the 17 Noir. Wow! Very exclusive. Our main waiter was great, and there were several other servers who brought us various courses. The servers spoke to us in such a unique and respectful manner. After the dinner, we sat on an open balcony at the 17 Noir, overlooking the falls.

I went one afternoon to the pool. There is an outdoor deck on the third floor. View of the Horseshoe falls is incomplete, but what you do have here are the winds from the falls. While people on the streets below were suffering 80 and 90 degree temperatures, we on the deck felt pleasantly tanned and cooled by the winds.

My husband played the slots for hours and hours non-stop! I played the first day, won a ton, went back that night, lost every penny back. Went out the next day, played a lot. Hit several good wins, lost half of it back. We did not take a beating, but had many hours of fun play with money we had won.

Fallsview Casino supports the Arts by contributing Get Away Packages. Thank you, Fallsview Marketing, for giving us such a wonderful experience at your beautiful resort. We appreciated your gift and every detail by your staff who made our stay and our anniversary spectacular!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
14  Thank SenoraSofia
Reviewed June 17, 2007

Stayed here for one night and the price paid made this hotel a great value for money stay. Facilities were all good and the size of the room was comfortable for 4 adults. With the proximity to the falls and casino so close, would definitely stay here again.
As a tip for Niagara Falls, if you like Steak, would recommend The Keg Steakhouse in the Embassy Suites. Views over the Falls but be prepared to wait and wait that little bit extra for a table with a better view. They don’t take reservations so first come first served.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank CK9
Reviewed June 4, 2007

We visited Niagara Falls, Canada May 20 - May 24, 2007. From the moment we arrived at the Fallsview Casino Resort until we left was exceptional. We had a beautiful view of the American Falls from our rooms on the 15th floor. We had a Parliment Suite which was basically two hotel rooms with a small hallway and a door that locked. This would be a great set up for a family needing two rooms where you can leave the hotel room doors ajar since the door to the your private hallway is secure. Very clean, spacious rooms. One room was a corner room so we had added windows. Beds were quite comfortable. The rooms are expensive, but it was well worth the money. The casino is huge and plenty of table games and slots. Be sure to get a players card to use for free parking there. The players card does not cost anything. Hotel staff were the best. Very quick check-in and very helpful staff. We had a couple of handicap people traveling with us who needed scooters to get around. I found Niagara Mobility on-line and they were most helpful and very reasonable costs to rent the scooters. This hotel is also in a great location. Since we had handicapped people, we drove down to the falls area, but you are a short walk to the incline railroad which takes you to the tourist area. Maid of the Mist is a must. Journey Behind the Falls is OK. You can save some money on the Adventure Pass if you are a AAA member. The Adventure Pass gets you into four attractions. We also visited the Butterfly Conservatory which was different and one we really enjoyed. Dining is very expensive. There are plenty of restaurants within the shopping arcade at the hotel and many others within walking distance. The pool area at the hotel is nice, but small with a small sun deck. During the summer high tourist period, it may get crowded. Also, drive 30 mins. and visit Niagara on the Lake. A quaint little town with some good restaurants. We made an impromptu stop at Pellin Winery along the way to Niagara on the Lake. There are several wineries along this route. Pick one to visit. It was fun wine tasting. Enjoy your vacation.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
8  Thank FIREBR
Reviewed June 2, 2007

I arrived at this hotel at 5pm, March 2007and had no reservation as I was just travelling through on business. I went up
to the Check In and asked for a room, I was told that they did not have access to this information and that I had to ring
reservations. I was then taken to the Lobby and told to ring
through to reservations. I was kept on hold for 45 mins, finally
I managed to get through.

After a series of questions, including the fatal " do I have a players card" etc, I was told NO ROOM AVAILABLE!

Absolute RUBBISH! TOTAL DISGRACE! so I went across the road and stayed at Marriot Hotel (CAN$99) per night.

The managment of this hotel have got it WRONG!

• Stayed: June 2007