The Fallsview hotel is adjacent to the casino - it's meant to be a more upscale hotel, so the amenities are significantly better than other hotels you'd find in Niagara Falls. I've stayed at this hotel more than 20 times in the last 2 years because I like the many suites with a great view of the falls.
Great things about the hotel:
1) Bathroom - everything inside the bathroom is marble. The bathroom is very spacious, with a jacuzzi and shower stall. Depending on your room, your jacuzzi may directly face the Falls (very romantic!)
2) Regency Club lounge - if you're staying on a higher floor (costs a bit more), you'll get access into the Regency Club lounge on the 30th floor, which is open until 2 or 3am at night. The lounge has WONDERFUL view of both the American and Horseshoe Falls, has an abundance of free hors d'oeurves and beverages and Internet access. I usually go up for breakfast in the mornings and late-night snacks.
3) Bedding - the bed and pillows are very comfortable. Once you get into bed, you never want to get up again!
4) VIEWS - Try to get the Diplomat suite, which has floor-to-ceiling windows around the room (the room has a circular layout) that allow you to see the Falls with unobstructed views.
5) Terrace - the casino/hotel has a beautiful terrace that you can walk along to view the falls, away from the crowds that are usually standing on Niagara Parkway.
Not so good things:
1) Service - service could be slow or subpar sometimes, because front desk is dealing with a large number of customers and will take a while to address your request.
2) Pomegrenate motif on curtains & bedding - I might be picky here, but I really don't like the green & yellow pomegrenate motify in the rooms. The hotel is very upscale, but this pattern is quite ugly and can ruin the ambience of the room.
3) Location - the hotel is not on the main Clifton Hills strip, so you have to walk a bit to actually get to the Falls and the attractions. If you have a car though, this shouldn't be a problem.
Overall, if you are planning a romantic getaway and you want a nice view of the falls in an upscale hotel, Fallsview is a great place to stay. The casino restaurant 17 Noir is an excellent place for a romantic dinner. If you're more budget-oriented, then you're better off in one of the hotels closer to Clifton Hills (which are cheaper but have no views).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live the high life at the Fallsview Casino Resort Hotel. Perched high above the thundering waters of Niagara Falls, each of our 374 luxury rooms and suites were specially designed to provide breathtaking views of one of the natural wonders of the world, the vibrant city of Niagara Falls or both. Want more? Indulge in our full-service spa, enjoy 24-hour impeccable room service and work it all off in our indoor pool and fully appointed fitness centre. All this and more awaits at Fallsview. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Niagara Fallsview Hotel Niagara Falls
- Niagara Fallsview Resort
- Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort