“Excellent service, delicious food.”
Review of Weinkeller

Weinkeller
Ranked #4 of 572 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: ********FOR RESERVATIONS CLICK THRU TO OUR WEBSITE PLEASE.********** Weinkeller is the first winery in a restaurant in Canada! We are a craft winery and fresh food experience. "Casually upscale in every detail," is a slogan we use to describe the venue. We are one of the only adult focused restaurants in Niagara Falls and although we welcome children to join their parents we don't have high chairs or booster seats available on site. We open daily at 5pm (earlier in the Spring/Summer months). 2 Outdoor patio's... One in the front and a garden patio to the side will be ready for the 2014 summer season. We feature seasonal creations and offer a price fixed menu crafted almost entirely using Ontario's fresh seasonal products. Visit, Weinkeller ca for more information and to make easy online reservations. Full menu, photo gallery, and our philosophy are all available for your viewing pleasure
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Just had a wonderful meal at Weinkeller. The people are lovely and the food is delicious. Our server Marco was attentive and gave his informed opinion when asked. Thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience and will recommmend Weinkellor to all.

There are newer reviews for Weinkeller

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Great atmosphere, great staff, and great food! We went on a Monday night about 7pm with no reservation and were seated immediately. We both got the 5 course price fix with wine as one of the courses. I started with the corn chowder then moved on to the beef carpaccio. My main entree was the cedar plank salmon and dessert was a chocolate mouse expresso cake. My date got a salad, fried goats cheese, and blackened salmon. Every course was excellent for both of us. The owner stopped by the table several times to check on us and answer any questions. The wine is made in-house and is impressive (and moderately priced). Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 25, 2014

What a great find. Located nearby our hotel (Sheraton), we opted to walk. It was a quick walk, off Fun Street. Nice, cozy atmosphere. We choose the 5 course meal, 5 courses for $55. We could exchange up to 2 courses for their own wine. I ordered a fresh green salad with roasted pork, the fried goat cheese app, and blacked salmon for my entree. I opted for 2 glasses of their Merlot. Every bite was decadent! The wine was delish, much better than expected. The portion sizes were hearty but not overwhelming. Our waitress was friendly and professional. She was able to answer questions about the food and wine and it was obvious she truly enjoyed working at such a nice restaurant. The owner, Chris, was there and came over to introduce himself. You could immediately tell he loved this restaurant and the food industry. He really wants to deliver the best product for a reasonable price. Overall, this was a great find in town loaded with tourist traps. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Oh my, my, my! For a restaurant to have risen so meteorically in less than one year, they are doing many things right: 1) Kaleigh, our hostess/waitress/Weinkeller cheerleader never stopped moving and was very helpful with course choices; 2) Chris, the owner, stopped by several times to chat with us and all the other patrons, along with guiding said patrons in course choices AND serving when needed; 3) the chef came around to be sure patrons were happy with their choices; 4) having a price fixed menu is a great concept; 5) the corn bisque was divine, the salad with grilled peaches & raspberries was wonderful, the goat cheese appetizer was something I tried because of all the TripAdvisor reviews and it lived up to all those reviews, the special of filet mignon infused (I think was the term) with coffee and then was "finished" with espresso and wrapped in bacon was heaven! My groom of 35 years and I had a wonderful experience! Thank you Chris & staff!!

Reviewed August 25, 2014

We went to the current 2 best reviewed restaurants in Niagara during our stay, Weinkeller & AG.
We loved them both, obviously that many people cant be wrong!
Comparing the 2, they both have amazing food and staff.
The atmosphere and decor of the AG is more refined and romantic, white table cloths, live jazz , candles ect... Neither are really aimed at kids.

Prices are similar, Weinkeller slightly cheaper (~$10pp).

My conclusion, AG wins slightly.
But if you are there for 2 nights, try and go to both!

1  Thank Peter O
Chris D, Owner at Weinkeller, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Thank you so much for the review. You are correct in your review about A.G. they have been a long standing tradition in Niagara that offers an excellent experience away from the typical franchises that are all over this town... we are very happy to be right up along side of them and would recommend them to anyone coming to Niagara... well, after us...lol.