“DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT GOING ELSEWHERE !”
Review of Weinkeller

Weinkeller
Ranked #4 of 575 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: ********FOR RESERVATIONS CLICK THRU TO OUR WEBSITE PLEASE.********** Weinkeller is the first winery in a restaurant in Canada! We are a craft winery and fresh food experience. "Casually upscale in every detail," is a slogan we use to describe the venue. We are one of the only adult focused restaurants in Niagara Falls and although we welcome children to join their parents we don't have high chairs or booster seats available on site. We open daily at 5pm (earlier in the Spring/Summer months). 2 Outdoor patio's... One in the front and a garden patio to the side will be ready for the 2014 summer season. We feature seasonal creations and offer a price fixed menu crafted almost entirely using Ontario's fresh seasonal products. Visit, Weinkeller ca for more information and to make easy online reservations. Full menu, photo gallery, and our philosophy are all available for your viewing pleasure
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We relied on Tripadvisor to find a good restaurant in Niagara Falls.
WOW ! The reviews were "Spot-on". One of the best meals we've ever had...
And my wife and I are "Foodies". They make their own wine which was superb
and not pricey. Everything was cooked to perfection. I would suggest that you
don't bring the kiddies as it's not the kind of establishment that caters to the young ones.
The owners and staffs enthusiasm to provide you a wonderful dining experience
adds to the enjoyment of the evening. It's a tad high on the cost side, but the value is
commensurate with the $. My only criticism is that when you're paying North of $35
for a meal I would have thought that clothe napkins would be on the table not paper.
Aside from that minor detail, it was a wonderful experience which I strongly recommend
you consider if you're in the area.

1  Thank John D

Reviewed June 4, 2014

This is a must for anyone in the Niagara Falls area. I had dinner here and it was one of the best meals and experiences I have ever had. The staff was friendly and over-accommodating as well as very knowledgeable about the food and wine. They make their own wine in-house which was absolutely delicious. They also only use a freezer/fridge for shrimp and ice cream. They get deliveries three times a day of fresh food to serve.

Our waiter was Marty and he made our experience fun and special. He helped us choose the best value and the best food choices. Definitely get the goat cheese appetizer. The flavors and textures of each dish were absolutely unforgettable.

I hope to travel back to Canada soon just to come back.

1  Thank Liz B
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Like many others, I loved this place. Here's what I specifically enjoyed:

Accessibility:
We stayed at the Embassy Suites and we walked here in about 20 minutes. It was a really nice walk and we had extra time so we wandered around Clifton Hill for a bit before dinner. I loved that we could walk here from our hotel - and I'm sure many staying in the area could as well since it's near many hotels. It couldn't have been more than a mile or so away.

Service:
When I made reservations online I requested the small table by the fireplace that other reviewers mentioned. When we arrived, it was occupied. No problem, I know it was only a request and the couple may have made reservations before us. Not an issue. What made the service great is that the manager stopped over after we ordered and said he knew that we had asked for the table because we were celebrating our 5th anniversary and he would move us over there as soon as the couple left. After our appetizers, he and the waitress did just that. I really appreciated that gesture - and the table next to the fireplace which made our dinner so much more romantic!

Wine:
The wine was better than average. We're from Rochester, NY, so we spend a lot of time in the Finger Lakes region, so I have had some pretty great wines. These wines, for the price, were solidly good. I had the Reisling (two glasses) and my husband had the Cab Sauv (two glasses). As part of our 5-course meal, these were a good value.

Food:
We chose the 5-course option and used two of our courses for wine. We were pretty full by the end, so I'm glad we didn't order any more food. The food was great - expertly prepared, full of bright flavors, and not too fancy where we were afraid to eat it. I enjoyed every bite of all three of my courses, but the cedar-planked salmon stood out to me as the best thing I ate. And really, what a steal, for three full courses and two glasses of wine at $55.

Ambiance:
Dimly lit, romantic, and cozy. Perfect spot to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. Loved it.

Summary: Go here. You won't regret it. :)

2  Thank Meg H
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Visited on short Niagara Falls getaway based on great reviews. Early dinner and the place was quiet. I did face the font door and the light coming in was a little distracting as I couldn't see my partner's face really well across the table. Could use screens on the window/door for early evening diners.

Food was excellent. We had Salmon bisque - a bit salty but we liked it that way. Steak entree was delicious. Salmon entree a tad overdone but still enjoyed. We opted for the 5 course option with 2 glasses of house wine for 2 courses. Creme brulee was very good. Pinot Blanc and Riesling were very good as well. Would definitely return. Value and quality for Niagara Falls dining was top notch.

2  Thank LEWA44
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The reviews didn't lie, a very good restaurant. Really enjoyed the on-tap wine, and the fried goat cheese appetizer was AMAZING. We also enjoyed the watermelon salad the filet mignon special. The ceasar salad and pork loin chop were both just ok, nothing special to write about. And the fries that came with the filet needed to be stepped up a bit. But service was very good, and we enjoyed the experience.

1  Thank RayShad79