“Number 1 for a reason”

Ranked #4 of 570 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: ********FOR RESERVATIONS CLICK THRU TO OUR WEBSITE PLEASE.********** Weinkeller is the first winery in a restaurant in Canada! We are a craft winery and fresh food experience. "Casually upscale in every detail," is a slogan we use to describe the venue. We are one of the only adult focused restaurants in Niagara Falls and although we welcome children to join their parents we don't have high chairs or booster seats available on site. We open daily at 5pm (earlier in the Spring/Summer months). 2 Outdoor patio's... One in the front and a garden patio to the side will be ready for the 2014 summer season. We feature seasonal creations and offer a price fixed menu crafted almost entirely using Ontario's fresh seasonal products. Visit, Weinkeller ca for more information and to make easy online reservations. Full menu, photo gallery, and our philosophy are all available for your viewing pleasure
St. Catharines, Canada
“Number 1 for a reason”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I've been meaning to go here since they opened and finally went last night on a date. This is a perfect date restaurant and we had "the lovers table" in front of the fireplace. We were only going for drinks but ended up having a couple appetizers and it was delicious. The main reason why you should go here again and again is the service. Both owners (Chris and Chris) are incredibly friendly and welcoming. You do really feel welcome as soon as you step in the front door till you leave, from the owners and servers. The prices are decent considering where it is and the quality and freshness of the food and wine. We will be going back again for sure and I'll be recommending Weinkeller to all my friends, family and guests at the hotel I work at.

Bravo Chris and Chris!

N/A
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Special”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

These people love what they do and it shows. The food is spectacular, the service is genuinely friendly and every detail has been considered to create a truly unique and special experience. Our dinner at Weinkeller made our trip. Best of Niagara by a mile.

1 Thank RoamingJoeD
Grimsby, Canada
“A Gem”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

My boyfriend and I ventured to Weinkeller during one of the worst snowstorms in Niagara in a while! It didn't kept us from checking it out though.

We were greeted by one of the owners, who explained the concept to us and then we wasted no time in picking our 3 course meals.

Oysters... YUM
Mussels... WOW!
My boyfriend got - BBQ steak with wild rice-quinoa and heirloom veggies (I don't like BBQ sauce with my steak but the steak was cooked beautifully. The wild rice and quinoa didn't inspire my tastebuds.)
I got - Maple and mustard pork with a potato croquette and heirloom veggies. Everything was delicious although I would have like a bit more ... "crunch" on the pork. But really that wasn't really a factor because it was so good!

We had the Chocolate Wontons for dessert and I thought they were pretty good although perhaps a bit too much wonton compared to chocolate as the chocolate was a bit lost.

We both had wine as well. I had the Sauv Blanc and he had the Cab Sauv. We were both quite happy with our drink selections!

While there were minor things that I wasn't 100% sold on we both had fantastic meals and will definitely be returning! I hope other Niagara residents check it out and aren't scared off by the tourist trap that Niagara Falls often is!

1 Thank MeganPreece
niagara falls,ny
“Just Go”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This is The Best dining experience in the Niagara Falls (NY & Ontario) and Buffalo area. The atmosphere , service ,wine, and of course the food are fantastic. These guys should give lessons to other restaurants on how to make the customers happy. Great Job, can't wait to go back.

Niagara Falls, Canada
“Amazing experience!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Wonderful food and service, top shelf. The wine lacks depth. Although they are new to the process, I'm sure the wine will grow in taste and character. The restaurant is warm and inviting. The owner and staff are outstanding! The food...phenomenal! Can't wait to go back!