“Great meal but lacking some finesse”
Review of Weinkeller

Weinkeller
Ranked #4 of 557 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Wine Bar, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: ********FOR RESERVATIONS CLICK THRU TO OUR WEBSITE PLEASE.********** Weinkeller is the first winery in a restaurant in Canada! We are a craft winery and fresh food experience. "Casually upscale in every detail," is a slogan we use to describe the venue. We are one of the only adult focused restaurants in Niagara Falls and although we welcome children to join their parents we don't have high chairs or booster seats available on site. We open daily at 5pm (earlier in the Spring/Summer months). 2 Outdoor patio's... One in the front and a garden patio to the side will be ready for the 2014 summer season. We feature seasonal creations and offer a price fixed menu crafted almost entirely using Ontario's fresh seasonal products. Visit, Weinkeller ca for more information and to make easy online reservations. Full menu, photo gallery, and our philosophy are all available for your viewing pleasure
Tillsonburg, Canada
“Great meal but lacking some finesse”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I were really happy to find this restaurant located very close to our hotel. We thought we were probably taking a risk on a brand new place but went for it anyway.

The staff was very enthusiastic and happy to have us there. It was very welcoming at first, but did start to wear a little thin as the evening went on. The craft wine was non-offensive, their house sparkling water was excellent. Prices were great, and we ordered a starter, main and dessert for $35. My starter was a salmon and caper soup which tasted great but was lukewarm at best. Husband loved his caesar salad. My grilled chicken and mushroom entree was excellent, but my husband's steak was done medium well and he had asked for medium rare. The raspberry wontons for dessert were amazing.

We had a few hiccups throughout the night. For one thing, our waiter never realized we'd had our entree and sort of neglected us for a little while. (Someone else brought us the meal and cleared our plates.) Also, we finished our glasses of wine and were never offered another or anything else to drink. Not even coffee with dessert! I thought this was very strange, as we would have liked to enjoy another glass of wine with our entree and finish the meal with good cup of coffee. We were in the restaurant for more than 2 hours...we weren't in a rush but we did sit for quite some time with no food or drink in front of us.

We'd love to go back when the restaurant is more established and has ironed out the kinks because we did like the food a lot and felt it had some great potential.

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Simply Amazing”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I attended their grand opening and had a wonderful evening. The menu is incredibly reasonable for the quality and service you get, you choose 3 courses for $35, or 5 for $45. The food and presentation were excellent, everything we had tasted great and cooked to perfection. I especially recommend the spicy tuna lettuce wraps with the slaw and chili sauce...so good!
Great ambiance, and the owner Chris is very attentive and really goes out of his way to make sure your dining experience is memorable.
Thank you for and truly amazing experience, we look forward to coming back!

Saint Catharines, Ontario, Canada
“An Experience!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Tonight my wife and I enjoyed such a fabulous dining experience I don't know that I can put into words how great the evening was. Newly opened with some nice touches in design and decor. Knowledgeable staff that explains the menu with passion. Then the food comes to the table.... you understand why the staff is passionate. Onsite wine crafting that isn't just a gimmick, but really well crafted wine.

We can't wait to go again!

“Come here!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

This is by far the best place to relax with lovely wine and people in Niagara, comes highly recommended from myself and my friends!

Niagara Falls, Canada
“Great Spot In Niagara”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Firstly THANK YOU! Being a local there is no where to dine in this city.. touristy chain restaurants have over taken the dining scene. Exceptional service from calling to make the reservation with Chris to our warm welcome, throughout dinner all the servers were attentive (Jordan was outstanding- Thank you for the take out container). Our group all tried the 3-course for $35, we had delicious salads to start, the mussels and fries were out of this world amazing!! I also recommend the blackened steak for the main with a glass of their house red. Also have to say great décor! having been in the former establishment, I can appreciate the work that went into what it is now.

Great night! Will be back..