“Excellent food; some spicy; not handicapped friendly”

Moksha Indian Bistro
Ranked #59 of 582 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Indian, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our menu takes root in the time honoured style of great North Indian food, using bright aromatics, savoury spices and the freshest ingredients, with a whimsical interpretation. At Moksha Niagara Falls we take the familiar and elevate it into an experience for the senses. Come feast on the vibrant colours, inhale the fragrant aromas, consume the sound of sizzlers and take in the harmony of hot spices with cooling chutneys. This casual dining atmosphere is ideal for lunch, dinner or a night out in the Falls. With a Full Bar, Patio, Beers on Tap, Local Wines and Spiced Cocktails, we encourage you to try new flavours and share with friends. We are Vegetarian and Vegan Friendly, Allergy Aware and make each dish to order according to your desired spice level.
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I enjoy Indian food and was treated to this restaurant for my birthday. I think it is the first Indian restaurant I've been to close in the city (apart from Indian Flame) that was very good. I enjoyed all the dishes. Yes some were very spicy, but I have a high tolerance for spice. There were a few lily tongues at the table that had some trouble. If spice is an issue for you, tell them "no spice" or ask for it yourself to add at the table :-)
There is a large staircase to climb when coming into the restaurant. This is not good for anyone with a stair issues. Similarly, if you have use the washroom you must descend these stairs and they go down more stairs into the basement. Perhaps a handicapped entrance and washroom should be incorporated somewhere. Otherwise, I really enjoyed my visit here.

1  Thank Ciaran49

Reviewed February 17, 2014

- Menu's were easy to understand
- Prices aren't too expensive.
- Was hoping for a re-fill on pop @ 2.50 with that small-medium size of glass, would rather them charge $3 then have refills or provide a larger glass size for no refills.
- After no re-fill, the server left without refilling my empty water (I had spicy food), had to drink my GF's pop and wait for them to come back, which when they did, and asked if there was anything else we needed? I figured an empty glass of water at the edge of the table spoke for itself, place wasn't too filled up so they should pay little more attention to tables with spicy food.
- Environment was good
- Servers are very friendly
- Food was really really good, especially the stuffed naan.

This is what we ordered and rated it:

Chicken Vindaloo 4/5
Butter Chicken 5/5
Chicken Tikka 5/5
stuffed naan (Royal) 5/5

Overall, the ratings for this place hold up to be very true, the Indian food here is really good. Aside from the tiny problem I had, If I ever wanted to go out and have quality Indian food again, I would definitely come back here.

3  Thank TrunkzJr
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

The food and service were impeccable. We would definitely return again! We had no complaints with this restaurant.

1  Thank toronto_161
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We were in Niagara with friends on the weekend of the storm and ordered food from here (after reading the reviews) to the hotel due to stormy weather. Undoubtedly, this was the best ever Indian food we had tasted so far in Ontario. Totally awesome butter chicken and mutton. We had not gotten anything of this level in Toronto when it comes to Indian food. We went out of naan (Indian bread) as we had little idea of how much to order so we went out specially, to buy some bread and finish off the left over curry. Can still not forget the awesome taste of the food. Thanks for making it a really 'Happy Meal' for all of us :) From now on, no trip to Niagara would be complete without eating at Moksha!

1  Thank PriyankaSibal
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We had an AMAZING experience at this restaurant. They had no problem serving my 11 year old daughter that is a vegan. The food was superb. The owner who was our server, was very accommodating and personable. The food came quickly and it tasted fabulous. Try the sour rum drink! You will love it! The yellow Dahl was cooked to perfection. You must try this restaraunt!!!!!!

1  Thank Xpngs