“nice treat but very pricey”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #130 of 572 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Stanley Avenue
Description: The memory of a great meal stays with you long after the table's been cleared. This is why at Ruth's Chris we thrive on our great food and service. Our menu offers a wide variety of dining options that will please all of our guest. Our passion lies in our high quality ingredients, attention to detail and that special sizzle.
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Like many others, we stayed at the Sheraton and had a voucher for dinner. Since we were celebrating our 30th anniversary, pre-warned with the costs of this restaurant, we entered. When we arrived the hostess asked if we were celerating any occassion, and I thus replied yes.(more to follow on this thought later).
When I looked at the menu it was slightly different than the online. When I asked our server she said this one is privately owned. We had the peitit steak 80z $44 each, cooked to perfection!! absolutely no complaints there. We split a side of asparagus hollandaise which I thought was very good and crisp. Sweet potatoe caserole with brown sugar and pecans is good but very sweet, more like a desert than a side.
Our server Samantha (excellent, attentive) told us desert was on the house as it was our anniversary. I was stuffed and declined, but she suggested I take it as "to go". (I was surprised but happily agrees) It came packaged nicely, with a Happy Anniversary note in it....Nice touch!! My husband had ice cream and coffee (reasonable $4).
Booths were far apart, lots or privacy, but on the dark side. I too would suggest asking for a booth with a fireside in the booth, as it seems more romantic....My main criticism is that you could be anywhere :( no feeling of being in Niagara Falls). If deciding between this and The Keg (located at Embassy) I would suggest the Keg for atmosphere, and one of a kind views.

There are newer reviews for Ruth's Chris Steak House

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We arrived at 6 30 for a 7 o clock reservation had a beer at the bar & were seated very shortly after wards It is expensive But we knew that going in It is the best steak you will ever have It is
home style sides you should share But over all great Just remember your wallet

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Ate here at the beginning of March break with a $70 coupon deal. We were seated almost right away, however, if we were to go here again we would wait until a 'fireside' booth became available as we were seated way in the back right in the middle of the flow of wait staff traffic as well as a nearby table with crying children. The booths are very intimate and Cody with a tv screen set on the fireplace channel for each one.
The tables are elegantly set with white table cloths, etc. and the wait staff were very professional and helpful.
The menu revealed quite a few choices, but each side dish is an additional cost of at least $10 on top of the cost of your steak, or chicken breast etc. choices. My husband chose the smallest fillet steak, and I chose a small fillet with garlic shrimp on top, and we shared 2 sides of mashed potatoes and spinach. Wine is at least $9-11 a glass, unless you buy a bottle, which was very pricey. I chose the Trius Chardonnay, a local wine, which was quite good.
While we awaited our entrees, which each cost approx. $18, we were served fresh baked bread, very yummy! When the food arrived, there was more than enough and it was served upon extremely hot plates to keep it at a wonderful temperature for your entire meal. The wait staff did warn us about these hot plates so we wouldn't burn ourselves! My meal was extremely delicious, as was my husbands. It was unfortunate that our hotel room had no refrigerator , as the serving sizes were so large that we were unable to finish, as good as it all was. The deal we had with the coupons, required us each to get an entree and so even with this deal we still paid a good deal of money on top of our allotted $70. It was a wonderful meal, but not for the budget minded traveller!

1  Thank Blondie577
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Since I like my steaks done medium well, they often turn out chewy and quite tough. Not so at Ruths Chris. It was done just the right way. When I asked for medium well, the waitress suggested to butterfly the steak and sure enough, it turned out tender and juicy. And flavorful too. It was one of the best steaks I had in a long time.

Being on the highend, the cheapest steak on it's menu, the petite filet would set one back $40+. Steaks here do not come with any sides. A side is an additional $11+. A bottle of sparkling water is around $8. Not a cheap dinner at all. Since the two of us split the sides and the bottled water, it didn't turn out to be as expensive.

The bread served was hot and fresh. The stuffed mushroom was good. The Potato Au Gratin though good was a bit heavy with all the cheeses. Another lighter side would have been a better choice.

The interior of the restaurant looks upscale. We were greated by friendly staff. Service was prompt.

1  Thank SammieMiche
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had heard good things about Ruths Chris Steak House. We had a Groupon reservation at the Four Points Sheraton in Niagara Falls Canada which included a $60 voucher for this resturant so thought it worth a try.

The setting was very nice with low noise level. The staff was also pleasant, courteous and answered all our questions. My husband had the smallest 8 oz filet of beef, I had a large piece of salmon. After being advised by the waiter that the side selctions were large and enough for two we chose a salad with nice greens, light on the goat's cheese and sugared pecans, asparagus with hollandaise sauce on the side and sauted spinach. The salad and vegetables were good and I enjoyed my fresh salmon although a little oily in places. My husband was very disappointed with his steak, cooked to medium, saying it was too dry. The steak cost around $44. Everything is ala Carte. The bread was poor tasteless quality.
We had sparkling water, espresso to finish but no alcohol or dessert. The cost for this meal in total was $174 including tip. Of course we had the $60 discount and interestingly the hotel charged us $12 in voucher fees. (which included a seperate $20 voucher for IHop) I know that you can get as good as, if not better, meal for much less in another restaurant.