“Just Brutal.”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #134 of 572 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Stanley Avenue
Description: The memory of a great meal stays with you long after the table's been cleared. This is why at Ruth's Chris we thrive on our great food and service. Our menu offers a wide variety of dining options that will please all of our guest. Our passion lies in our high quality ingredients, attention to detail and that special sizzle.
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Like most, the only reason we came to this restaurant is because of the $70 off coupon we actually got from expedia.
Last night we got to the dark restaurant, and it was nicely decorated with nice music playing. The place looks nice, thats about it. We were greeted by a hostess on the phone which is fine, but then the manager comes by and says he`ll find us a table right away.(We were patiently waiting, I`ve worked in restaurants so I totally understand). The the hostess got off the phone and we followed her to a table, only to pass the manager who gave us a look like "oh no I forgot about them"
We got to our table and handed our waiter our voucher. He had nooooo idea what it was or what he had to do with it. He started asking us then the hostess then I guess someone who actually knew about it (reading these reviews after I see most people sued the voucher so shouldn't all staff know about it by now)
The prices are ridiculous. My boyfriend is a butcher so he loves a good steak. Usually we go to the keg(my fave), canyon creek, or wildfire, a local niagara steak house. After ordering my $15 cocktail, and waiting 20mins for it to be delivered, we both decided to just order the stuffed chicken as prices were so high and Im not a red meat eater anyways.
We got our "stuffed" chicken about 35+mins later. The piping hot plates sizzled and that was cool but thats about it. Chicken had nothing in it, it looked like it had come from swiss chalet and was an okay sized portion. Now onto the shared $10 mashed potatoes. What a rip off! Any other steak house you go to, you get the same portion for one person included in their price. Seriously, this one shared portion was smaller than a single portion at the keg.
I let my boyfriend eat almost half of my chicken and most of the potatoes cause hes a big muscle guy and I knew he was not going to be full after this meal. He even ate the second tiny loaf of bread to himself and still wasn't full. And for the amount we paid, thats ridiculous.
As for paying, we asked for our bill and got it quickly actually, however there was a mistake on it. Our $70 voucher had only been used to take $60 and change off. I was so fed up with this place I didn't want to argue about $10 and just wanted to get the heck out of there asap. We paid and left and only the hostess said goodbye to us on our way out.
Our whole walk back to the room, we talked about how this restaurant isn't going to last long. We're locals and we've seen some restaurants come and go in this area and this is one that sure wont last. Go any where else but here. One reviewer said if you can afford it go here? Well even if you have money to pay these absurd prices, venture off into the casino and eat in the steakhouses there, sooo much better.

4  Thank Miss O
There are newer reviews for Ruth's Chris Steak House

Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Ruth's Chris Steakhouse Niagara Falls is without a doubt the BEST steakhouse I ever ate at. The food was perfectly cooked and the server, Nick, was awesome. The filet I order was so flavourful and delicious, I wanted more! The mashed potatoes were great as well, and try the broccoli!! The restaurants atmosphere is perfect, a lot of the restaurant is a wide hallway with booths on either side, with a back room, eat in the hallway it is nicest!! Everything was perfect for this meal, and everyone who works at this restaurant should be proud, because in my books, it is the best restaurant on earth!!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

My girlfriends and I enjoyed a fantastic dinner last week at the Niagara location. After reading some of the reviews on this site I was a bit skeptical about going.
We had a wonderful evening! The food was fantastic...the service was awesome...the atmosphere was outstanding.
The bottom line is-you get what you pay for...this is a dining experience that is above average.
If you appreciate finer things you will love Ruth's Chris. :)

1  Thank Cherie R
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We were not sure about bringing 2 other couples with us for dinner to use our $70 coupons after reading the other reviews but we were very glad we did not miss this wonderful experience! The decor was beautiful; the tables far enough apart to feel like a private dining area; the waiter was friendly and helpful; the food was delicious from the lobster bisque to the absolutely delectable salads that were each a work of art, to the fantastic entrees whether it was steak cooked to perfection, crusted halibut or chicken served piping hot on heated plates. The side dishes were generous - enough for two to share. In the end our bill with tip (for two) was less than $100. which included 1 glass of wine, warm bread with butter, 2 very large salads, 2 entrees and 1 side dish and an evening to remember! It was a fantastic experience for all 6 of us and we would recommend it highly to others. If you want to keep your costs down, have your cocktail hour in your hotel room like we did and limit your drinks for dinner. We will be back!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have never been one to give a bad review as I have been a server in past, however I have not come across such poor service and quality of food for what is considered a fine dining steak house.

Known for their quality chains, we booked a table of 9 for a friends 30th birthday.
Firstly, I am 8 weeks pregnant so my partner informed the server privately to ensure my drinks were virgin and that my meal was well cooked.

To start, we waited for 35-40 minutes to order. My steak was ordered medium and it came out raw which I could not eat due to my pregnancy. Another steak was ordered medium well
and it came out blue -red, it was actually dripping blood. Both steaks were sent back and not only did it take 20 minutes to come back but it came back on a sizzling hot plate full of oil splashing dangerously that we couldn't even eat off of the plate. For a restaurant specialising in steaks, we could not believe it.

My partner had ordered a glass of wine to eat with his steak which did not arrive until 40 minutes after receiving his food.

In the end when we asked for the bills it took 45 minutes before the bills arrived. There were 5 bills in total and all of them were completely wrong. It wasn't even a little wrong, not one of
the 5 bills were right, peoples drinks, appetizers were completely mixed up and swapped around. On top of that my virgin cocktail was charged the equivalent of a regular alcoholic drink for a pregnant woman!

As it was our friends birthday and our meal took a frustrating 3 hours to finish no one was willing to wait for the server to sort out the bills. The sad thing was, as our table was a large table we were charged an automatic 18% tip. We were so upset but did not want to waste anymore of our friend's birthday.

We stayed back to complain to the manager. They offered us nothing, just a one off apology and let's face it after that we would never go back to that restaurant again.

4  Thank Amy N