“A great Japanese restrant even for Japanese from Japan”
Review of Michinoku

Michinoku
Ranked #147 of 578 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I took my friend from Japan and the US, and both of them are impressed and enjoyed all the dishes at this restaurant. We ordered sashimi combo, tekka-maki, homemade gyoza, homemade croquette, michinoku soup(tonjiru) and seaweed salad. They have a bunch of homemade dishes and specials. This is very rare because most of Japanese restaurants in the US serves ready-made gyoza or seaweed salad. I don't think this restaurant is pricey at all considering the quality of the dishes.

1  Thank Yasu14

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

An unassuming restaurant located deep in a plaza, Michinoku is a treat.

Had lunch on May 24, and thoroughly enjoyed it. My friend and I ordered all three of their daily special rolls as well as a volcano roll, spicy shrimp and BBQ eel roll. Everything was fresh, excellently presented and delicious. I cannot complain at all.

If you like sushi and want a change from the plethora of all you can eat places in town, I highly recommend Michinoku.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I go to this place frequently with friends. It's very small but clean. The food is always fresh and very authentic. They have one chief in the back who cooks everything. If you desire tasting delicious Japanese food, this is the place to go! Their sushi is good, their Teriyaki (chicken) is excellent.

It's a friendly atmosphere. Our waitress had to deal with a huge group of 12 of us but she took on the task well and patiently. Their green tea is good, too!

My favourite dessert? Fried banana! Delicious with chocolate poured on top and Whipped Cream. :)

1  Thank Rayndroplet
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I order take out from Michinoku about once a week. Their food is incredible! The freshest fish in all of Niagara by far. The food is prepared with so much care and attention to detail, all the flavours blend beautifully together in each of chef Koji's dishes. I've ordered many different things from the menu and I am never disappointed! Michinoku has the best ratings on the local health board websites for sushi restaurants in Niagara www.niagarainfodine.ca

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I am waiting for my sushi and I know it's going to be good. I have tried many places around the city. Nothing compares to michinoku