“Great food and service”

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

My wife and I have been going to Pho VIetnam 999 for a few months now. I only wish that I had found it sooner. Excellent service every time and the food never disappoints.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank JRtheTraveller

Grimsby, Canada
“Good Food & Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Good food & pricing. Atmosphere not the best as it is an old Donut Dinner but you will enjoy the food. Food was fresh and seasoning was at your choice. I would go back but not necessarily for a special night out.

Visited March 2012
Caledon, Canada
“Authentic Vietnamese Food...but not to my tastes.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

My mother-in-law is in Niagara Falls, so we're here often to visit her. We were in the mood for something simple and hadn't yet tried this fairly new restaurant in the Thorold Stone area, so we thought we'd stop by for dinner. The place was almost empty, but those who were there were Vietnamese -- a great sign that the food is authentic. The young waiter was very helpful with our selection and he provided great service. BUT, I didn't like my meal. I'd ordered the chicken soup with rice noodles. The soup was flavorful and a great portion size. But the meat was the dregs of chicken that I wouldn't feed my cat. There was gristle, some bone, lots of skin (chicken skin is great if crispy; not so great when it's wet and rubbery.) About 90% of it was inedible. I spent most of my meal removing the horrible chicken pieces from my bowl so I could eat the noodles, fresh basil and sprouts. My husband enjoyed his roasted chicken soup but said his meat wasn't all that great, either. I think this restaurant would be terrific if they catered a bit more to North American tastes which tend to want the choicer cuts of meat. But, I can certainly understand if their goal is to serve a Vietnamese clientele instead of spoiled people (like me!) Just be aware of what to expect when you go there. I probably won't visit again, but I'd still like to see them do well. They were nice people with an extensive menu and flavorful dishes. My meal just wasn't to my tastes.

• Visited October 2012
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Surprising Neighbor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

My wife and I have driven by Pho Vietnam 999 at Montrose & Thorold Stone Rd in Niagara Falls, Ontario many times over the past three years. At first we ignored it. The exterior was not especially attractive. It is situated at the end of a strip mall on a busy corner. However, last Sunday, we were in a mood for "something different" for lunch. We had been fans of an excellent Vietnamese restaurant in Montreal so we thought we'd take a chance and check out Pho Vietnam 999 to determine if it lived up to our Montreal experience.

Surprise! It was even better! We love soups so weordered Rare Beef& Brisket Rice Noodle Soup and my wife had Rare Beef & Well Done Beef Rice Noodle Soup. (we were being careful on our first visit) Both were excellent and they did not hold back on the beef. We also had vegetable Spring Rolls. Also, very good. The waiter was the owner's nephew and was very obviously proud of his family's business. By the way, I noticed that most of the clientele was Asian. I view that as good sign. The server told me that they have been in business for one year. They are trying hard and succeeding. We're returning this weekend.

• Visited September 2012