“Great location and value for money”

Canadas Best Value Inn
Ranked #65 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We had excellent stay at the place.
Very convienant , located on lundy's lane , steps away from Canada's outlet malls.

Nice eateries closeby like johnie Rocco and carpaccio

Clean rooms , prompt service are the key features.
Wish all the success.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Sanjivu

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I only stayed at this hotel for 2 nights but I was very happy with the standard of accommodation. It is very reasonably priced for Niagara Falls.

I was greeted by the hotel manager who was friendly and helpful. I had a room on the ground floor that was clean, spacious and contained 2 Queen beds.

The hotel has a pool which I didn't get a chance to use but it looked inviting.

The hotel is well situated and only a 10 minute walk to the Falls. Rainbow Bridge, where you can access the US, is only a 5 minute walk away.

There was complimentary tea and coffee in reception and a basic continental breakfast is offered.

There was no in-room safe which is the only negative.

Unfortunately I did a stupid thing and left my room keys in my room when I went out. I got back to the hotel just after midnight to find the reception closed and nobody on site. I phoned the emergency contact numbers on the reception door and the hotel manager came from his home to let me in. I was very appreciative and offered him some cash for the inconvenience which he wouldn't accept. This was fantastic service and much appreciated.

I would happily stay at this hotel again

Room Tip: I only stayed at this hotel for 2 nights but I was very happy with the standard of accommodation. It...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Yes, the motel is a bit "dated," but it is clean, kept-up, and stocked with all the necessary and expected amenities. There's a pool, complimentary breakfast, mini-fridge, Wi-Fi, flatscreen TV with cable, etc. Rooms are a mixture of old and new, such as new carpeting & TV with old wallpaper & curtains. It seems that the motel is slowly upgrading and becoming progressively more modern. Service was decent, as the staff was happy to provide information about both the motel itself and tourism. The motel met all of our criteria, and for just $60 a night! Overall, CBVI of Niagara Falls is a great deal for the price, and it would still be a great deal if the price were a bit higher-- even if slightly 1970s-esque.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2013

we checked in here with a 1 year old baby and found more than what we expected, cheaper, clean, very nice and helpful staffs. If you are looking for cheaper price with moderate to good service, I would recommend you to book it ..

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Amirul M
Reviewed December 31, 2012

What a shame, the staff was great and the room spacious but the bathroom was a dirty mess. The toilet and bathtub had visible mold (the toilet dried feces...).

The place is a little dated, but this is expeccted on a hotel at this price. The location was pretty good. Straight shot to the falls with plenty of places to eat around. Its like being close to the action, but away from the crowds.

I hope the staff reads this. ihe bathroom would had been clean, I would had given the hotel a 4 star rating.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HXLopez
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We checked in here a little after 9:00 in the evening on a Saturday night and this was one of the few places with a vacancy. That's the only reason we decided to stay here. They had two rooms left and we asked to see the rooms. The first room they showed us had a wall air conditioner that was 2 sizes too small for the opening in the wall and you could fit your hand through the opening around the air conditioner to the outside. We said no way we are taking this room. The second room had an air conditioner that fit but black trash bags for window shades. At this point we were beat and decided to take the second room and leave early in the morning. The rooms are horribly outdated and if you like black garbage bags for curtains then this is the place for you. No kidding! The bedroom window had a black garbage bag covering it, I guess it's the hotels version of shades. The rooms and beds are dirty, we pulled the covers back and decided we would sleep in our clothes on top of the sheets. But, we never got that far. As I said, we checked in after 9 P.M. and unloaded our luggage and left to get a bite to eat, we were in and out in 10 minutes. We returned around 12:30 and got ready for bed. We traveled with our good friends and this room had 2 separate bedrooms and since it was the only rooms available we took it. One of the members of our group used the bathroom and when they flushed the toilet it overflowed. I went to the front desk to ask for help and after about a half an hour the clerk came to our room with a plunger. The first thing this guy did was flush the toilet! Well it flowed all over the bathroom and in to the bedroom! We told him we could not stay there and we wanted to leave and we wanted our $185.00 dollars back. That's right, $185.00 for a room with garbage bags for shades and toilets that overflow! They offered to put us in another room and since we had already looked at and turned down that room we said no, we want our money back. They refused and not very politely either. After arguing with the owner for a few minutes we decided we would contact the corporate office and inform them of their less than liveable hotel. That was a joke. After several emails to the corporate office and the hotel franchisee, we never received a refund. I found out through the corporate office that this company also owns and operates Americas Best Value Inn so beware if you stay at a Canadas Best Value Inn or Americas Best Value Inn but definitely do not stay at Canadas Best Value Inn in Niagara Falls Canada!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank golfr7
Reviewed October 22, 2012

the hotel's location was good.. close to everything and only few minutes from the falls.

the rooms, were clean / free parking and WiFi (which didn't work )
i had a better signal of the WiFi, from next door hotel

i would stay here again, for a good price

they also had free breakfast, toast / jam / coffee / juice..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple