We went to Niagara for our 10 year anniversary. We arrived at the Doubletree early evening - had no trouble checking in. The lobby is beautiful, almost a modern lodge look. A friend knew where we were staying and had arranged for a bottle of champagne and choc. covered strawberries to be in our room when we arrived, and sure enough the bottle was on ice and there was a note that said the strawberries were in the fridge. But to be honest we walked right on by that bottle and spent a while checking out our view from the hotel window. Our room was on the 19th (top) floor and was a fallsview room, which we had specifically booked through Expedia. The view was awesome! Of course you need to know that the Doubletree is at the northern end of the group of big fallsview hotels, kind of off by itself, and what you have a view of is the American Falls, and only the mist coming off of the Horseshoe falls. But it's still a beautiful view!
We enjoyed the room - we had a King Jacuzzi room. The bed was comfy and the room was very clean and modern. It was just big enough for a few nights and the big tub was great. The only downfall was the TEENY shower stall. My husband is an average guy (6'11" )and he could barely turn around without banging his elbows.
We only ate the breakfast buffet at the hotel restaurant - it was your normal breakfast buffet - eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, omelettes, and then also cereals, fresh fruits, bagels, muffins, yogurt. It was good but expensive. (But everything in Niagara was expensive! Be prepared!) The hotel was very clean. There was a nice indoor pool, hot tub, sauna and very nice size exercise room, plus a hot tub outside. We didn't have time to enjoy any of these amenities or visit the spa. We did enjoy a drink out on the patio adjacent to the coffehouse/bar. They were still working on some last minute touches to this area, but worked on it during the day when everyone was out sightseeing.
As stated above, the location was great for us. We are in our forties and in decent shape, so we walked the few blocks to the falls and also used the People-Mover system to go up and down the road to the main attractions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A relaxing, secure environment removed from-but still close to-the high energy pace of exciting attractions, the American and Canadian Falls (two short blocks) and the Fallsview Casino and Entertainment Complex (400 yards). Convenient on-site parking. Referencing the natural elegance of the Frank Lloyd Wright era and the rustic timeless architecture of a Grand National Park Lodge. Four diamond AAA/CAA award winner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton - Niagara Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Fallsview Resort And Spa By Hilton - Niagara Falls
- Doubletree Fallsview Resort & Spa By Hilton - Niagara Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Doubletree Fallsview Hotel By