DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton - Niagara Falls
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersSilver level

Recommend - Yes.

Stayed for 1 night in June 2012.

Room: We had 2 queen beds. Beds and pillows were extremely comfortable which led to a very good nights sleep. The room was large and spacious enough especially given 2 queen beds. The view from the room we got was partially of the American side but not of the Canada side - no bigge given you will go to the falls after you check in! :) Also bathroom was big enough plus everything was clean.

Location: Not really close to the falls but walkable. Given the price, its definitely a worthwhile choice.

Service: Very little interaction with the staff however check in was smooth, efficient and of course we received the trade mark warm cookies.

Overall - would stay here again especially for the price.

Tip 1: Definitely recommend the Maid of the Mist - but do the morning tour! Get there before tour bus's get there otherwise you might be in for a long wait!

Tip 2: Upon leaving Niagara, make sure to attempt 'Nightmares' - a lot of tried walking through this living haunted house but many have failed! A bit of fun that will definitely wake you up before the drive back! :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Midi82
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton - Niagara Falls

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Just stayed for 2 nights (Monday and Tuesday) at this hotel. The hotel staff said it's a 5 minute walk to the falls area, but not exactly. More like 15 minutes is a fair estimate. The walk to the falls is a breeze, all downhill, but the walk back UP that hill is pretty brutal. I highly recommend that you use the incline railway to come back. It's only $2.50 per person each way and runs until 11pm.

The pros for this hotel:
1) Parking is only $12 per day, where most of the other ones are $20 or $25
2) Our room was on the 18th floor and had a nice view of the American Falls and city skyline and Skylon Tower.
3) Nice and clean, comfortable bed and convenient fridge and coffee maker in the room
4) Short 3 block walk to the downtown areas (Clifton hill to the left and the casinos/high-rise hotel area to the right)
4) Super nice blonde haired lady at concierge desk was so very helpful (Sorry I forgot to get her name)
5) Check in and out was fast and easy.

The Cons:
1) Cost isn't the lowest but really, everything in Niagara Falls is expensive so in relation to every other hotel that compared really wasn't bad.
2) In-house restaurant was OK, just OK.
3) Shower stall in our bathroom was painfully small...you couldn't raise your arms up to wash your hair without bumping the shower door open with your elbow

Room Tip: The fallsview rooms are a little bit more money but had a great view. We were on the 18th floor.
2  Thank LucyStrat
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Very good stay. Courteous and prompt service. Clean facilities. Pool and hot tub lovely. Definitely worth it to do package which includes breakfast. Walk to sights and attractions in healthy but it was nice to be off the beaten path a bit. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tara C
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The Double Tree Fallsview is a great place to stay in Niagara Falls. The warm cookies at check-in were a big hit! Once we became acclimated with the area we were able to find a nice shortcut down to the Falls. It's a short walk to the Casino and Skylon. We were pleased with the cleanliness and the facilities. The beds were super comfortable! They have a small adult pool reserved, but many young teens were playing in there. The work-out facility is good and the business center is convenient. The staff was accommodating with two exceptions. 1. The business center would not open with my key or other guest keys. When I called to the front desk they said they would send someone immediately. I waited at the business center for about15 minutes before I finally walked down to the desk myself. 2. Maid service didn't come to very late on our last day. I had to walk down to retrieve fresh towels and empty our trash.

Room Tip: The higher up the better.
1  Thank Duncandoodle
DTFallsview, Manager at DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton - Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

I am so sorry that you were inconvenienced in any way. Your comments will be used to help create better systems in order to maintain a higher level of service and standards we hold ourselves to. Our maintenance team have been working on the business centre door and it is now fixed. Thank you for bringing it to our attention and for your patience and understanding. If you should be coming back to the hotel I would just like to mention that if you would like housekeeping to clean the room earlier we are only too happy to accommodate you. There should be a special card in every room requesting special housekeeping times. If you call the front desk we will make certain that your request is completed. I appreciate your comments and thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed here in June on our vacation while passing through from Canada to the finger lakes region in NY. Let me first say, in grew up a 6 hour drive from the falls and never came...why I have no idea but worth a trip! Next, I booked this hotel because I didn't want to pay a large amount for a view when this looked close enough to walk to the falls. When we arrived, the front desk gave us delicious cookies and a map of the area. We checked in and immediately walked to the falls. The falls are actually not as close as they seem on a map. I'd say its a good 20 minute walk from the hotel but only because there is no direct way to get there but exercise is good! We walked a lot that day. Id say the hotel is "centrally located" because of its equidistance to all parts of Niagara Falls but if you want to be in the center of it all, then maybe this place isnt for you. It seemed the more you got toward the populated areas the more expensive. The price was very affordable and had everything we needed. We ate dinner at the steakhouse in the hotel and that was great. We got a bottle of wine and shared a few appetizers. The waiter was very friendly - all were. We spent some good time in the outdoor hot tub, the indoor one and pool were pretty overrun with kids. I have to say I had the best nights sleep at this hotel on my entire trip. I loved the pillows! I'd definitely stay here again, only next time I might cab it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Great hotel for any occasion, clean quiet room, great view of the fireworks from the 19th floor, helpful and courteous staff, food at Buchanans is very good.
Easy walking distance to the casino, the falls and Lundys lane.
Cookie is a nice touch too!!

Room Tip: 19th floor away from ice machine and elevators great views
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to let others know of your positive experience. You can actually get a great view of the fireworks from any room in the hotel. We have even had guests sitting around the outdoor hottub enjoying the fireworks. I am so glad that you were able to enjoy our Buchanan's Chophouse and pass along your comments. I will post your comments for our staff to enjoy and hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed in this hotel and enjoyed my stay. Check in was fast (arrival in the evening) and hotel room was very clean. I enjoyed the pool. This is the fourth time that I travel to Niagara falls for business and I have stayed in the Hilton twice and Double Tree twice now and enjoyed both hotels. This hotel is situated on walking distance to the casino and clifton hill. The falls are about a 15 min. walk away.
Breakfast buffet was good and employees friendly. No complaints. Would come back again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business