“Decent hotel within walking distance of everything”

DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton - Niagara Falls
Ranked #10 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I was in town for a conference at the Scotia Centre - this is about a 15 min stroll/10 min walk straight down Stanley Ave - a nice break from the conference hotel. Also, one of my dinners was at the new Windows Restaurant at the Sheraton on the Falls, again a 15 min stroll (in heels) down Clifton Hill.

One unexpected surprise was that the hair dryer had a diffuser!!! I've never had that before and was beyond happy about it - naturally curly hair and all.

The hotel is about 7 years old, so everything is clean and modern - a nice patio for afternoon beverages.

The price for parking seemed high - $12 for the night. Considering that it wasn't that close to the Falls

Room Tip: The view of the both of the Falls is worth it
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ShelleyC12
Write a ReviewReviews (3,345)

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Spent 1 night in a 2 room 2 queen suite. The room was on the 19th floor so we had a great view of the American falls and could see part of the Canadian falls. Hotel is nicely finished, with an impressive lobby area. We arrived early and were checked in and given a room with no issue, which was a great bonus when traveling with an infant. The room was a good size and finished to a standard I would expect from this class of hotel, it included a small fridge which was a nice bonus. The pool area was fantastic and we loved the outdoor hottub and sun loungers.
Parking was good value at $12 compared to comparable hotels in the area and was self park. The hot cookies on arrival were also a nice touch. I requested more glasses from housekeeping and they arrived promptly.

I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to families.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kk1978_12
DTFallsview, Manager at DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton - Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. We are so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the outdoor hot tub and sundeck.. Many guests enjoy laying out in the sun during the day or relaxing in the hot tub under the stars after a long day of sightseeing. I have also seen guests relax and watch the fireworks from the hot tub as well. We are actually the only luxury hotel in the immediate area with this feature. We look forward to your return visit in the future.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

We couldn't have asked for a nicer place to stay. After traveling across the country all day, we were exhausted when we made it to this hotel. The woman behind the desk was polite, friendly, and very welcoming. She even bumped us up a few floors to give us a better view when we told her it was our first time visiting this part of the country. The room was clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable, and the view was pretty decent. We got a great price through Hotwire, so I have no complaints.
We walked to the Falls with no troubles at all.
Also- the restaurant upstairs does "happy hour" type specials for a few hours in the early evening - $5/ glass of wine and $5 appetizers. We got the chicken tenders, and they were delicious. I thought they were a great deal for $5!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ShawndyLee
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Our family stayed here over the memorial day holiday. Double queen, with fridge and hotel coffee maker. Clean and roomy. View from room was good. Faced the river, and skyline tower. Neighborhood run down, but felt safe walking back and forth to falls. It is a bit of a hike to yhe falls and clifton hill. Pool area small with very little seating. Lap pool nice. Great area for small children. Breakfast buffet about what you would expect, in quality and price. Very nice staff, just not very attentive, and lots of tables not cleaned. There is a Starbucks in the lobby and you will pass several on your ways to the falls. Check in quick and efficient. Only complaint is our room was not cleaned until after 4 pm.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gardengirl1954
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay here. The room was nice, clean and the view was pretty great. This hotel is a bit farther back from the falls but you get a peek at the falls nevertheless, as well as other attractions, and it's close to everything. Pretty much everything I could want from a hotel room (nice decor, very clean throughout and comfy bed) with the excellent bonuses of complementary wifi, jacuzzi, and those yummy chocolate chip cookies were a nice touch!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Dariatx
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stayed here last summer so this review is a bit late.
We loved it-lovely room, lovely food and leisure section.
Our son really liked the cookies on arrival.
All in all we had a magic stay here and we would certainly return if we are wver back in this part of the world!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank catherine262
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed here for one night on a Saturday it happened to be a long weekend in Canada so the prices were high mostly everywhere at least 255$ before taxes at the Hilton or Embassy (where I usually stay), I got this doubletree for 209$ with taxes around 240$ so I booked it. I have passed by this hotel many times on my many visits to Niagara Falls but never stayed there it always looked beautiful on the outside but the fact that its a little behind the main strip always deterred me from it. Check in was quick and easy we received hot chocolate chip cookies upon check in which is a nice touch by all doubletree properties. There is a 12$ parking feee also. The elevators were quick and easy to find and we had a upper river view and we have full view of the Skylon Tower (pictured below) which was nice. The room in my opinion was average 2 beds which weren't as plush as they looked, flat panel tv, and the bathroom was just simple nothing special. Overall the rooms are just average but clean which was nice. We did go swimming the pool area was nice there is a Adult pool which is raised higher and the shallow pool at the bottom and a whirlpool next to it which was nice. The pool wasn't heated at all it was very cold which I didn't really like. They did have a outdoor sun bathing section and whirlpool which I didn't get to check out but saw through the window, it looked nice. We did arrive back to the hotel around 2:30am and there were drunk guests outside 2 were verbally arguing very loud followed by a drunk woman yelling but the cops were called. Since I am a Silver hilton honors member I do receive 2 complimentary bottles of water but you must get them before the coffee area closes! I wanted them at night and the front desk said it's closed. Overall I would only stay here again if my other top 2 choices were unavailable as the walk to the casino, restaurants etc wasn't too far maybe 5-10mins but I didn't feel I was close to all the action, and the walk back in the dark past all the action areas was a bit scary and there is residential homes beside and across it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family