My husband and I just took a nice 3 night trip to Niagara Falls, ON over the Thanksgiving weekend. I picked the DoubleTree after careful consideration of the many reviews that I read. We were not disappointed! The hotel was easy to find (about a 5 minute drive from the Rainbow Bridge), but not right in the hustle and bustle of Clifton Hill. The hotel was rustic looking inside, but very clean and nicely decorated for Christmas. We stayed up on the 18th floor and had a fabulous view of the American Falls.
-Free cookie upon arrival
-Jetted tub w/ king bed room
-Aveda Spa...hubby and I both got theraputic massages, which were worth the $100 each
-Onsite gym had treadmills, ellipticals, weights, etc.
-$12 parking per day (sounds expensive, but much cheaper than other hotels)
-Close to casino, Skylon, IMAX
-10 minute walk to the Falls
-15 minute walk to Clifton Hill
-Kind of sketchy boarded up houses all around the immediate neighborhood (the DoubleTree property was very well kept)
-VERY SMALL shower!
Niagara Falls Off Season Recommendations:
-Skylon Tower for lunch. The food was so-so and expensive, but the view was well worth it.
-Journey Behind the Falls. No line in November and the view is just as good!
-Walk across the Rainbow Bridge to the American side and take the path to Luna/Goat Island
-Skywheel at night. They took us around 5 times!
-Canyon Creek Chophouse. Best meal we had (although it wasn't hard to beat the other places we went :-o) and also had a great view of the falls.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A relaxing, secure environment removed from-but still close to-the high energy pace of exciting attractions, the American and Canadian Falls (two short blocks) and the Fallsview Casino and Entertainment Complex (400 yards). Convenient on-site parking. Referencing the natural elegance of the Frank Lloyd Wright era and the rustic timeless architecture of a Grand National Park Lodge. Four diamond AAA/CAA award winner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton - Niagara Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Fallsview Resort And Spa By Hilton - Niagara Falls
- Doubletree Fallsview Resort & Spa By Hilton - Niagara Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Doubletree Fallsview Hotel By