This past Thursday and Friday my friend and I treated ourselves to the "Great Escape Package" offered at the hotel. We had been looking forward to this little vacation from families and responsibilities for some time. Although the weather was not wonderful the treatment we received for the most part was. Check in was very efficient and we were welcomed with the signature warm cookies. Our room was very spacious and clean , with facilities for coffee and tea making available as well as a mini fridge. As part of the package we were given 5 dining coupons -4 for 2 full buffet breakfasts , and one for a discount off the main dining room menu.
The dining was definitely much better than we expected for what we had paid for the package. I would advise anyone visiting the hotel to take advantage of the daily hot buffet breakfast offered, and treat themselves to one of the more upscale restaurants Buchanans-in the hotel.
The major complaint we did find though was the problem into our second day. We had left the hotel at approximately 10:30a.m. (and did see the maid in the hall and informed her that our room was now available for cleaning when she was ready). We returned later in the day to take a short nap ( near 3:00p.m) before we were to head down for a spa treatment at 4:30. We saw the same maid (Luci) who informed us that she still had 2 rooms to clean before getting to ours which would take her "about another hour"). That being said , my friend and I knew that our nap was not to be as we weren't sure when she would now get to our room. We are two grown women who only needed a very light tidy up. We decided to read in the lobby for a good while and return to check the room just before we headed out to the spa. When we returned we saw the towels had been replaced but the pillow that had been rather scrunched against the back of the reading chaise was still exactly as it had been left , the sheets on my bed were not properly tucked in, and the bed of my friend although made, looked rather rushed. For a wives get away --the room reminded me of my husband's efforts to tidy the bedroom at home. It was not what we expected---especially as we had to wait to well into 3:30-4:00 for it to be done. She mentioned when we questioned her earlier about the lateness that the check out people had to be completed by 11 but as I stated earlier we first saw her when we left the hotel after 10:30 a.m. Perhaps the hotel is understaffed but we were disappointed that we were not able to use the room by mid afternoon.
The spa was also a wonderful experience. I had a full body massage (Shawn) and it was
definitely one of the best I have had ( much better than The Pillar and Post in Niagara on the Lake).
Again I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. It was quiet, a great location-close to the Casino with a firework display able to be seen from our window Friday night as a definite perk thrown in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A relaxing, secure environment removed from-but still close to-the high energy pace of exciting attractions, the American and Canadian Falls (two short blocks) and the Fallsview Casino and Entertainment Complex (400 yards). Convenient on-site parking. Referencing the natural elegance of the Frank Lloyd Wright era and the rustic timeless architecture of a Grand National Park Lodge. Four diamond AAA/CAA award winner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton - Niagara Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Fallsview Resort And Spa By Hilton - Niagara Falls
- Doubletree Fallsview Resort & Spa By Hilton - Niagara Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Doubletree Fallsview Hotel By