I knew this place was going to be a problem when I pulled in to the parking lot to check in. There is no drop off place, so I quickly parked in the handicap spot, only to have a mustached man wag his finger at me. What am I five years old? I told him I would move it as soon as I checked in. While checking in my cell phone rang and I spoke with the friends I was meeting, the mustache man heard this conversation and told me it would be another 10 dollars for the additional car. I don’t really mind paying the fee, but come on, why are listening to my conversation?
That night my friends and I bought some beers and my boyfriend and I headed down to the ice machine to keep our drinks cold. We each carried a plastic bag as well as the hotels bucket. On the ice machine it says “please don’t take more than a buckets worth” and I laughed at the sign. At that moment mustache man appears from nowhere! He seriously must have followed us from some dark corner and told us to “read the sign” and that if we wanted any more ice we would have to buy a bag!
That night the fire alarm went off at around 3 in the morning and did not stop for over an hour. Why this happened I do not know. The hotel staff offered no explanation and didn’t even apologize for the incident. The next morning, the continental “breakfast” was nothing more than weak coffee, obviously watered down juice, and little doughnuts and muffins which were hardly filling.
The room itself had virtually none of the normal amenities. There was no “do not disturb” sign and no alarm clock. The towels provided were the bare minimum and the toilet paper was so bad I considered buying a role so as not to subject myself to something so scratchy. Also, there was but a single garbage can in the room. Because there was no alarm clock, I asked for a wakeup call, which came a full half an hour late.
Overall I would say that my experience went beyond unpleasant. I don’t like being followed around and chastised by people for trying to get some ice for the room. I definitely don’t like being woken up at 3 in the morning either. The good location is not worth staying at this place and I thought it was also overpriced on top of everything else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walking distance to the Niagara Falls, Casino Niagara, Clifton Hill, Fallsview Casino, and many restaurants and other attractions. The staff pride themselves on making your stay an enjoyable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn - Chalet Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn - Chalet Hotel Niagara Falls
- Chalet Hotel Niagara Falls
- Chalet Motel Niagara Falls