I will describe as to how unprofessional and disrespectful me and my husband were treated by a receptionist, Tomiko, John Beverly, an older guy with white hair and the owner, Mr D'Amico.
We asked for a non-smoking room and were given one, which we paid for 138.54 by credit card. (The room #401 in new building). We moved in that room and laid out all our stuff. We, then, left and came back at 2 am. Receptionist was waiting for us and advised that the room was already booked prior and that he moved our belongings to a different room. After 45 min of wasted sleep, much unnecessary arguments and to smooth the situation , I got him to refund the money (which he did via cash).
We came into a new room , 111, to realize that it completed covered with cigarette smoke. There was no air to breath. By that time, it was already 3 am. My husband ended up looking for a different motel unil 3:30 with no luck. We opened window and put AC max on to have some air . All our stuff, clothes, hair were covered with cigaret smell.
We fell alep only because we're very tired as we cycled 130 km that day.
The next thing we know is that the same receptionist came INSIDE our room at 7:30 AM demanding to pay for the room. Believe me he came inside. We demanded for him to leave immediately, he did. When we came to return the key at 7, the owner demanded to pay or he calls the police. The owner was finger pointing at my husband face and was very rude. the owner called the police. We waited another 15 min for the officer to come and another 45 min for the situation to be sorted out. What a waste of time!! Of course, the officer told them they had no business to enter a room once it was given out.
I m shocked as to how unprofessional, rude they have acted. I could never imaging staff to enter a room, grabbed someone else' belongings and move it elsewhere, not in Canada.
In this motel, yes, it happened.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walking distance to the Niagara Falls, Casino Niagara, Clifton Hill, Fallsview Casino, and many restaurants and other attractions. The staff pride themselves on making your stay an enjoyable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Chalet Inn & Suites Near the Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn - Chalet Hotel Niagara Falls
- Chalet Hotel Niagara Falls
- Chalet Motel Niagara Falls