“Sara is amazing” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
London, Canada
“Sara is amazing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

When I first started to write this review , I noticed that there wasn't a rating available for half stars. If there was then I would give NIagara Parkway Court 3 1/2 stars. To give it 3 stars would mean that the motel is just average which is certainly isn't. The owners themselves ,especially Sara and their willingness to help us out rates a 4 star alone in my books.

We arrived at the Niagara Parkway Court very early before the usual check in however Sara at the front desk went to verify that our room was made up which it was and allowed us to check in early. This gave us extra time to spend at the Falls that morning. Sara then told us to just let her know when we needed a "shuttle service" to the Horseshoe Falls. Sara was good as her word and yes, she provided us with both a "drop off and pick up service " Just give me a call when you are ready " she said.

This service was provided free to us both directions from a woman who was friendly, gracious and who went out of her way to make us feel welcomed. This service meant that we didn't have to drive around Niagara Falls trying to find a parking spot or pay the $10.00 to the nearby Riverview Parking lot.

The motel is in the process of being fixed up and renovated and yes right now it does look a little worn in places however you can see the difference that the new owners are making and I know that with more time, it will rate more than my 3 1/2 stars - 4 on this page rating.

The rooms are very clean as was the washroom - both areas are must in my books. The breakfast area is newly almost finished and the breakfast was both filling and good - choice of cereals, bagels, muffins, toast, egg, banana, coffee /tea and juice everything you need to start the day with.

The staff were all friendly and the location meant that the cost of the room was lower than in Niagara Falls. We had a very quiet room which allowed for a good night sleep.

No it's not a 5 star Hotel, however there is alot to be said for feeling welcomed, and knowing that they were there to help us at any time.
I wish Sara and her fellow workers all the best and I know we will be coming back again. Great value for the cost - I have to admit I was pleasntly surprized as I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was.

I know we will be back again to stay at the Niagara Parkway Court and I'm sure with continued improvements, the motel will be a rising star.

Thank you Sara for everything and for going that extra mile (s) - Cathy

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Skokie, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

My parents, my dog, and I had a pleasant stay. The owner and his wife are wonderful and helpful people. The staffs are friendly. The room is outdated but fitted my budget. The neighborhood is quiet and there is a breakfas place within walking distance. My parents and I were very satisfied!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

We needed a motel close to the Niagara golf course and this seemed very reasonable and convenient, which it was. When we drove up, or just off the street, we did think it was a bit of dump out of the 50s. But it was too late to change and we had no idea where to go next. So we decided to make the most of it. The woman that checked us on could not have been any nicer. Because we had to leave before the included 8am breakfast, she would not hear of us leaving with an empty stomach and offered to bring in a breakfast from Tim Horton's at 6am. We would not have her do that and she then offered to get us some fresh fruit, yogurt for our early morning start. She hopped in her car and in 30 minutes presented us with a tray of fresh fruit and yogurt. Remarkable. The room itself certainly needs major renovation and re-decorating, but it was clean and comfortable and got the job done. It actually contained a little kitchen with a coffee maker, toaster, fridge and some utensils and plates. I suggest you bring your own soaps, shampoos, etc.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mary Frances S
Alpena, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is an old family hotel, redone. Much about it is "vintage 1970". However with that said, the family that owns the hotel has done everything to make it nice. It was clean, orderly and well kept. I appreciated the "throw back" and I appreciated the effort they put into the small details of our stay. Bottom line - nice stay. We would stay again if passing through the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
La Ronge, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

Sketchy rooms, cheap and in need of lots of repairs. Nothing like the pics and reviews online, much too expensive for what you get/don't get. Still trying to get the weird rotten lemony smell out of all of our clothes.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Gulliver80
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Nasty! Monthly Renters Were Very Unclean and Loud!! People In And Out All Night, I'm Assuming Selling Drugs. We Asked For Money Back, and Was Refused! They Claimed They Didn't Speak English. I Would Never Stay Here Again, or Recommend To Anyone.

• Stayed July 2012
6 Thank rachealgreen
Boston, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

We enjoyed our stay and it was very nice for our dog. There is a park just across the Welland River that is wonderful to walk your dog.

The owners are fixing up a breakfast space so that will be great when it gets done. If we go back to the area we will stay there again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family