“Great choice for a great view of the Falls”
Review of Skylon Tower

and up
Skylon Tower Observation Deck Admission
Ranked #13 of 145 things to do in Niagara Falls
Reviewed April 12, 2013

With the $2 discount coupon. it was a great value. The views are excellent and well worth it!

This time of year no wait.

We did not eat at the restaurant but choose only to do the view. If you eat, then the view is free.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,150)

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Not sure about the view or the food itself because I did not actually visit here.

I wanted to note that we did review the menu and it was very unimpressive, especially for the prices. A major trend I have noticed here is venue's taking advantage of tourists by offering them "breath-taking scenic views" but at the same time charging you excessively and blindly for those views. If you get a hotel room overlooking the falls as I did, there is no need to spend the money on places such as here.

If you are looking for a good buffet for a great price, walk across the street to the casino. Their prices have no gimmicks and are straightforward. Taxes and tourist fees are already included in the price.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have a family of 4 with 2 children and when we go on vacation we designate 1 night for a "fancy" dinner, so we decided to go to the Skylon Tower. I was told the buffet is a lot cheaper, but it wasn't open when we went (maybe it's seasonal?). So we went to the revolving restaurant. The view was awesome and if you don't want to eat there you can still buy separate tickets to the observation deck 2 floors up. It was great to go once, but I wouldn't go back because the meal was just OK. It really wasn't great for $45 per dinner. Longhorn Steakhouse has better food. However, the atmosphere is very retro fancy and the kids loved it. We sat by the window so we revolved as we ate, the tables have white linen, white cloth napkins, water with ice on the table, rolls and butter. Our kids are 9 and 5 and the atmosphere inspired them to behave and act like little gentlemen. Sitting by the window and revolving around helped keep their attention too. So, if you have kids and you want to take them to a fancy restaurant, do this one. There's enough to keep them occupied and, like most place in Niagra Falls, they're very tolerant and cater to children. But if it's all adults, I would go to another restaurant with better food. One more warning if you're with kids, at the entrance to the Skylon Tower there is a big Chuck E. Cheese type gaming area, so you may want to make it clear before you go in if you will or won't be doing the games to avoid a meltdown. We had just played games at the Midway on Clifton Hill, so my kids weren't into it (thank goodness).

1  Thank ClePaffle
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Not sure about pricing because we had coupons. Business was slow when we ate there (off-season weeknight) so we had very attentive service. Food excellent and the view magnificent.

1  Thank PetBev
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Skylon resto is not what you would expect. It's pretty good overall but the price is a little high. I have had similar and better at a much lower price but I went for the experience and it was great. We were there for a good while in the revolving restaurant and it was a lot of fun. Wait staff was very professional and helpful, it's not something you would do all the time but it was worth the experience and to mark it off the 'to do list' in Niagara. I'd do it yearly, not weekly or monthly.