“Enjoyable but could use an update”

IMAX Theatre Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls Day Trip from Toronto
$10.99*
Niagara Adventure Theater on the American Side
More attraction details
Owner description: IMAX Theatre Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada invites you to experience the Falls like never before. Home to “The Falls Movie: Legends and Daredevils” - one of the most spectacular IMAX movies of all time – The IMAX Theatre also boasts attractions such as the amazing Niagara Falls Daredevil Gallery, as well as the famous National Geographic Store.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The movie was good considering it was made in 1986, that being said it's time for a new movie. It told stories of native american legends, french explorers, and daredevils but I would have liked to also learn about the hydroelectric power and the development of Niagara Falls into a tourist destination. The daredevil exhibit was Very Cool, defiantly worth the extra $2.50. They had lots of barrels/devices that had actually gone over the falls along with some cool facts and videos. There were only 4 other people watching the movie with me and I get the feeling it's not very profitable but it's not tacky like many of the other attractions. I think a revamp could totally save this place.

I personally have a bit of a soft spot for these old Imax theatres and would be sad if it ever got torn down.

1  Thank Robynn83
imaxniagara, General Manager at IMAX Theatre Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you for visiting our theatre during your trip to Niagara Falls. As mentioned in your review – our movie is a depiction of actual events that took place in history – and although we would have loved to go into further detail about the hydroelectric power and development of Niagara we just couldn’t fit it all in – but you can read a little bit more information about the formation of the Falls upon exiting our theatre. It would seem as though you were fortunate enough to visit Niagara in the off season – where line-ups are non-existent and space is plentiful – and that you got 1st choice of any one of the 620 seats available in our theatre. Thanks again for watching our film and going through our Daredevil Exhibit and taking the time to share your experiences.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Really enjoyed watching the show on the big screen. A bit pricey so I choose what I want to see and that I think will benefit such a big screen.

1  Thank leer850

Thank you for visiting our theatre while in Niagara Falls. I appreciate you noting the size of our theatre screen - it stands 6 stories tall and is 8 stories wide and is surrounded by 12,000 watts of earth shaking digital surround sound. This enormous screen sets us apart from other movie experiences - and you won't find it anywhere else in the city! We hope your Niagara visit was an enjoyable one - thanks for taking the time to post your review.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I though the daredevil exhibit was interesting. It will take about 30 minutes max if you are reading everything. I really liked this part. I was here in the winter so this was a nice little escape from the cold weather.

The movie I did not like so much. It was very dated and jumped around a lot. I am not sure what it was going for. It crammed too much information with no organization. If I could do it again I would have just gone through the daredevil exhibit and skipped the movie.

We picked up a coupon book at Tim Horten's which gave us $2 off a ticket for each person.

1  Thank prancer95
imaxniagara, General Manager at IMAX Theatre Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

We regret that you did not enjoy your movie experience. We pride ourselves on offering the best guest experience and we welcome your comments. Our movie is a depiction of actual events that took place in Niagara arranged in order of occurrence. From the first inhabitants, to the French Explorers and the war of 1812 fought to gain power of the Falls. To the birth of tourism with tightrope walkers, and steamship tours of the Falls. Continuing with the first person to attempt going over the Falls in nothing but an oak barrel and a mattress, and finishes up with what is dubbed “the miracle at Niagara”. I am glad that you were able to visit our Daredevil Gallery – it continues where our movie ends by displaying the largest collection of barrels and vessels used by Niagara’s Daredevils. Thanks again for visiting our theatre while you were in Niagara Falls and taking the time to post a review.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Great -Told the story of all the screwballs who tried to go over the falls. After the movie we went to the exhibition with the barrels & equipment these daredevils used. Unbelieveable to what steps people will take to become famous

Thank you for visiting our attraction while in Niagara Falls. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience. Our movie does depict some of the Daredevils that have challenged the Falls - and where the movie leaves off (Annie Taylor) our Daredevil Gallery continues. The Gallery houses the largest collection of barrels and vessels actually used by Niagara's Daredevils - and i am glad to hear that you added that admission to your visit. Thanks again for visiting our attraction and taking the time to post a review.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I've only been to one IMAX Theatre before (at the Grand Canyon) and this was just as good. The best part was the historical reconstructions showing Blondin going across the Falls on a tightrope - and various daredevils in barrels... Recommended as a visit either before or after seeing the Falls themselves. Plenty of parking spaces and was not crowded when I went, perhaps because it's a little bit away from the main shops and penny arcades.

imaxniagara, General Manager at IMAX Theatre Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thanks for visiting our theatre while you were in Niagara Falls. You are right in saying that our movie provides historical reenactments – it is the most accurate re-telling of events that have happened in Niagara Falls and its surrounding area. The best part is – we project our movie on a screen that is 8 stories wide – which we feel enhances the movie overall viewing experience! Thanks again for visiting our theatre; we hope that your stay in Niagara Falls was an enjoyable one!