“Dirty And Loud!”

Days Inn Niagara Falls Fallsview
Ranked #78 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed August 11, 2009

What can I say? When we went to check in, the counter people were crusty, at best. Rude and harsh and unwilling to offer much help. Seemed they were doing me a favour by allowing me to check-in.

The room was on the first floor and close to a side entrance which was open the entire night. Didn't seem too safe to me, to allow open access to anyone and everyone who wanted to get in. No key needed! The room itself was small and dark. Depressing, slightly. The view was the back of another building. Creepy. But the worst, was the carpets. SO STAINED. Could have been blood! Who knows?!? I had to kill around 5 insects within the first hour of being there. DISGUSTING!

I went down to the lobby to request a different room. This person was friendly and helpful. When i went to investigate the other rooms, on upper levels, I was very freaked out by the hallways. They were old and dingy and straight out of an old horror movie. And navigating your way around there was not an easy task. Anyhow, I checked out 2 different room, and to my shock and horror, the carpets in them were FAR worse than my original room. I'm talking about HUGE GIGANTIC stains. These carpets must be the originals, because they were Disgusting! So dirty. Not to mention the dead bugs we saw in the bathroom!! We ended up keeping our originally booked room because it was the lesser of all the evils. But you can be sure that we kept our shoes and socks on at all times.
Definitely not worth the 135$ a night charge. Next time, I'd spend a little more, and be in a nicer, cleaner, more comfortable hotel.
Oh yea, and generous, they are not. One bar of soap in the bathroom? One small measly bar? Which needed to be shared for the shower and the sink? And thin small towels not even sufficient to cover a small child. When I called and asked the lobby if I could please have some more soap and towels, I was told I'd have to go get it myself LOL.
Friendly, efficient service? Not here!

And I recommend a good sturdy set of earplugs, to drown out the sounds of people walking in the hallways. The walls must be loose-leaf-paper thin. We found ourselves saying SHHHHHH!!! To passers-by... And from within our room, in our bed, they were able to hear us! Crazy stuff... Don't stay here.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
GM-DaysFallsview, Guest Service Manager at Days Inn Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2009

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you an respond to your concerns regarding the Days Inn- Fallsview. First and foremost, I would personally like to apologize for the front desk staff for not making you feel welcome upon your arrival. We take great in customer service so I was quite relieved to hear that later that evening they did try to assist you in accomodating your needs. Regarding the doors being left open it may have been an oversight as those doors are to be shut nightly be 11pm. If you where in need of any extras such as shampoo, soap or towels, one quick call to the front desk and we would have been more then happy to supply these extras for you. Unfortunately, when it comes to other customers making noise in the hallways we do are best to ask everyone staying in the hotel to respect others and to keep noise to a minimum. Upon check out I did make changes for you and had wished you had included your other concerns and not just the noise as I could have made other arrangements for you. Again I am sorry your stay was not enjoyable for you and your family, but I do hope the rest of your visit to Niagara Falls was pleasant.

Reviewed July 9, 2009

This hotel is great value. The locations is good too, just a short walk to to see the falls and the casino. I would definately recommend this hote for those travelling on a budget. The rooms are basic but include everything we needed eg hair drier, air con, tv. Rooms are very spacious. There is even a pool. Staff were helpful, value was amazing.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
GM-DaysFallsview, Guest Service Managaer at Days Inn Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2009

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your positve feed back regarding your stay here at the Days Inn Fallsiew. We take great pride in providing top quality service to all our guests. With regards to our great location, we are the closest Days Inn to the beautiful and breathtaking Niagara Falls which is just a short walking distance away. The value is unbeatable with all the necessary comforts of home avalible here at the hotel. Again thank you for your kind words and we hope see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 5, 2009

I was pleasantly surprised by this hidden gem. The hallways and room smelled so fresh and it was exceptionally clean. The bathroom seemed recently remodeled and I loved the decor. I only spent one night, but wished I had stayed longer. This is not a luxurious hotel, it is a Days Inn after all, but trust me this is great value for the money and the location can't be beat. Excellent sound insulation, could not hear a thing in the hallways or other rooms. I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
GM-DaysFallsview, Guest Service Manager at Days Inn Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2009

We here at the Days Inn fallsview would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to your stay. It is a pleasure to see that all the hard work that the whole staff does to make your stay an enjoyable one is being noticed. Make sure to tell all your friends and family about your great stay, and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed July 3, 2009

The hotel was very clean and comfortable, and reasonably priced as well. The falls were about a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel. The one thing that others had written about and that does not make much sense to me was that parking was not included in the price. We were charged $12 CAD for parking in addition to the $50 CAD for the room, and with taxes the total was around $70 CAD for one night. This is something to take into consideration when comparing prices and places to stay. All in all, we were pleased with the accomodations, and had it been a little warmer we would have indulged in the outdoor pool as well, although it is surrounded by the parking lot (kind of an odd location for a pool).

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your response it is always a pleasure to hear positve feedback about the property. The staff here at the DaysInn Fallsview take great pride in making sure our customers are pleased and enjoy there time with us. In regards to the parking fee it is standard practise that 90% of the hotels in Niagara Falls charge for parking. The positive aspect of this is that for our location we are the most resonably priced. Hopefully when you return the weather will be a little more cooperative with you so you are able to enjoy our beatiful outdoor heated pool.

Reviewed May 12, 2009

My wife and I stayed for a few nights and didn't have any problems. The rooms were large and had seen better days, but still in decent shape. Not many channels on TV and no remote, but we weren't there to watch TV and the channels they did show gave us the needed info. Great location with an easy walk to incline and many other places. We intentionally use the same sheets for the entire stay and only had the towels changed without problem. They warned us that excessive noise is not tolerated and we could be charged if we were loud. I think they would have had a hard time collecting on that one should it have happened. My only big gripe is having to pay a $20.00 parking fee while staying there. There were empty parking spaces everywhere you looked as the season had not taken off yet. You'd think they would cut some slack during the off season. In fairness though, it seemed everyplace was charging for parking. The word seems to have spread that there was "free" money to be got by having a parking fee. The parking fee cost the "Value" rating 1 click (3 instead of 4).

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
GM-DaysFallsview, Guest serice manager at Days Inn Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2009

I wish to thank you for taking the time to write your opinon on Trip Advisor. Unfortunatley parking is at premium here in Niagara Falls. We understand that it is an inconvenience but given our location it is cheaper to pay for parking at the hotel then it is in some of the locations closer to the Falls. Regarding no remote in the room, if the front desk had been aware of the issue we would have taken care of it immediatly. With regards to the noise waiver we have every visitor sign one so that everyone may have a peacfull and enjoyable stay with out worry of being kept up all night by nosiy neighbours. I am happy to hear that you had a nice visit to Niagara and we hope you will vist us again in the futre.

Reviewed March 31, 2009

I decided to take my boyfriend to Niaraga Falls for the night and found Days Inn and thought the rooms were resonably priced so I booked a room online with my credit card.

When arriving at the front desk not only did I not recieve incentives mentioned in the online promotion but I was charged an additional 15$ for parking and a 50$ security deposit ( which is unbderstandible.) THEN when I mentioned paying for it with debit my security deposit went from 50$ to 200$.

We parked and went up to our rooms and no sooner had we started putting away our things our car alarm went off because of kids leaning andmplaying all over the parking lot. (which was an additional fee because of the security and closeness...Yah...) Peanuts were on the floor beside the desk in the room, there were carpet stains and garbage in one of the garbages.

The TV did not have satellite unless you consider 5 channels, 2 of which had no sound. The room beside ours had been rented out to approx 8 people and all we heard was running and yelling and partying all night.

The location was great, but that is the only positive I would mention about the Days Inn by the Falls. It was overall below satisfactory, the halls were dirty, the amount which I booked the room for was falsly advertised, as well as the amenities and room.

Looking to stay at the Days Inn? I woukd recommend making reservations at a different loaction.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
GM-DaysFallsview, Guest Service Manager at Days Inn Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2009

Firstly we would like to thank you for taking the time to review our location. Being made aware of any issues a guest has is always beneficial in improving our services. We pride ourselves on our service and we would now like to take the time to address your issues.

In regards to the incentives we apologize if they were not handed out at check-in, if the staff is made aware that they have forgotten to present the guest with anything we try to rectify it immediately. This policy of immediate rectification is one adapted to all aspects of a guests stay, including any noise or poor behaviors of other guests. We make all guests aware at check-in that disturbing behavior is not tolerated, but we ask that guests report that behavior to the Front desk staff so we may address it. Unfortunately, if it is not brought to our attention we can not always be aware that it is occurring.

We would also like to apologize for what you felt was poor housekeeping. An immaculate hotel ia a necessity and we hold ourselves to high standards in that regard.

The deposit procedure you encountered is a standard policy at our hotel. we do require different amounts for credit cards as opposed to debit or cash because of the nature of the transaction. A preauthorization on a credit card is a flexible deposit where the other is not. we are sorry if this was an inconvenience to you, but this is a standard policy.

We at the Days Inn Fallsview try to offer an exemplary level of service and constant improvement. We do hope you will choose to stay with us in the future as all are guests are important to us.

Reviewed February 22, 2009

first of all the rates were very affordable compared to other local hotels.
advertised breakfast with room booking. went down to have our breakfast in the morning to find out their idea of a continental breakfast is two toasters on a counter and you have to make the toast yourself, and 3 tiers of donuts.
they also state "TVs have premium cable channels". the television in the room only had 8 channels and believe me these are not premium channels. take a pair of binoculars with you if you intend to watch the TV from the bed.
over all, this is a nice place to put you head down but that's about it.
also i didn't like the idea of paying 10 bucks to park when other places around do not charge.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
GM-DaysFallsview, Guest Srevice Manager at Days Inn Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2009

We at Days Inn Fallsview feel it is necessary to inform you of the possibilitythat you had stayed at another Days Inn location. There are several in Niagara Falls, however our location does not serve continental breakfast and upon reviewing your photos they do not seem to be our guest rooms. All Days Inn strive to offer a high level of satisfaction for their customers and no doubt the property that accommodated you desire to recieve your feedback.