“nice quality”

Days Inn Niagara Falls Fallsview
Ranked #78 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed July 28, 2013

nice quality for a bunch of 20 year old guys. Pat, at the front desk, was awesome. she is really nice. I will definitely be going back again to this Days Inn. You also can get 10 percent off at the buffet on the property for breakfast. I did not go to the buffet, but it is reasonably priced at $6.99. It is centrally located as well. The most we had to walk was probably 10 minutes and that will get you basically anywhere.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
GM-DaysFallsview, General Manager at Days Inn Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you very much for your review.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Good hotel located near the falls view casino and short walk to the falls.........

Only downside was that there was no business centre to print a boarding pass for a flight I was taking....

Restaurant next door is closed on Mondays... Still let's of options nearby...

$10 a night for parking with in/out... I did not mind this because it was published on web site that I booked on.....

Was still best deal for the area that night.......

Basic room, seemed quiet, had everything I needed...

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Michael S

We have the perfect location for all guest walking to all attraction, free shuttle and our sister hotel which is The Oakes Hotel has the best view of the falls and all our guest are more than welcome to go and have a look.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

A very clean, comfortable and friendly place to stay. My husband and I stayed for 2 weeks on June 4th, 2013. We had 12 nights in a large two double bedded room (en-suite) with TV, coffee maker and airconditioning. The beds were very comfortable and the maid service brilliant.My husband needed an extra pillow and after asking at reception, the maid brought it straight away.We were treated to 2 nights in a room with a kingsize bed and large jacuzzi at no extra cost....Thank you Pat (the manager). Alex who works in reception, is a lovely, bubbly girl and both her and Pat made us feel very welcome. We were also given vouchers for breakfast, just across from reception, at Rosie's Diner. This was a buffet with excellent choice. We were struggling with our tv channels one evening and just mentioned it to the maintenance man, who immediately sorted the issue out for us. I can honestly say we enjoyed our stay very much and it was so convenient for all the amenities, especially The Falls. If we ever get chance to visit Niagara again, we shall be definitely staying at the Days Inn-Fallsview again. Another big thank you to Pat and Alex.

3  Thank Pauline6591
GM-DaysFallsview, General Manager at Days Inn Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

THANK YOU for being the longest and happiest guest to stay at Days Inn Fallsview. I appreciated the review on Tripadvisor. We appreciated having you stay and hope the next time you venture away from Lancashire England.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was by far the worst hotel experience I've had, and I have seen alot, but not this bad !!!! My husband and I were staying in 104 (and I advise people not to be on theground floor) it was disgusting, there was mold everywhere, smelled like wet dog and body odour. There were bugs too! When I went to front desk to complain about it the girl I think her name was Alex... looked like that jersey shore girl. She was utterly rude, didn't want to help us at all! Kept saying it wasn't her fault, couldn't move us to a different room either. The rooms were very outdated, the maids cleaned it well, but you'll never get that mold out, must tear down the wall paper down...whole new reno. The only thing pleasant about our experience was the maid service actually... they gave us extra soap and towels and actually felt sympathy for our situation. We got back to the UK in one piece. But will never go back there again!!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Hubby and I stayed for 13 nights at the Days Inn, Fallsview from June 6th through to the 18th. Rooms are basic but everything we needed was there. The beds were extremely comfortable! We have stayed in very expensive hotels in the UK and the beds have been terrible, so having a comfortable bed is an absolute bonus and much appreciated! We found it to be a very pleasant, small and friendly hotel. The wifi was another bonus, came in very handy for emailing etc. The staff were excellent, from the maids to the receptionists, especially the young girl who checked us in, she couldn't do enough for us! There's nothing 'posh' about the hotel, but the rates are reasonable and the staff's friendly and accommodating attitude, and the comfortable beds, are more important to us than being in a more expensive hotel! After all it's just a base to sleep and somewhere to bathe/shower in. Beds were made each day, and fresh towels and facecloths supplied daily. There was barely any noise from other customers, even during the weekends. Tv only had a few channels, but was ok for how long we were actually in the room. With a little tlc this little place could be perfect, a lick of paint here and there, but when you think of the volume of visitors it's bound to get marks on the walls and a bit of wear on the carpets! The diner was very handy too, just a short walk across the car park. The staff there were brilliant too, and the breakfasts just hit the spot each morning! All in all we had an excellent stay, and I would like to thank the staff, especially the young girl on nights who checked us in. Didn't get her name but she does an excellent job and should be commended for that! An extra bonus was the discount for our parking, which came as a surprise on checking out, but was much appreciated so thanks for that too! If we ever come back to Niagara we would definitely consider staying at the same hotel.

1  Thank pollydollyuk

Thank you very much for your response look forward to having you stay on your next visit to Niagara Falls.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Nice small hotel, with very clean and up to date rooms. If you can get a good deal as I did, it can be a very good value for money. Close walk to the falls and town. set in a quiet street behind Marriot, close to restaurants. It has a parking lot for people who are driving and free wi fi. Also tv in the room, bath and shower.
It is quiet in the night. It does not have internet service and you have to be out at 11. They have maps of the city but do not have info about public buses routes. The taxi ride to the bus terminal cost about $14 and is on the opposite side of the town (north, near the rainbow bridge on Queen street).

Room Tip: any will be ok
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We were staying in Niagara Falls for my son's hockey tournament with the whole family. So we had reserved three rooms for two nights. When we got there, they only had two rooms reserved. We managed to get a third room, however they weren't overly apologetic. The girl kept saying it wasn't their fault, that we had to file a complaint with the call centre. That started the whole weekend off, it got worse and worse. Within an hour of being there, my son had glass in his foot. The bathroom fan was horribly loud, I lifted a bunch of towels off of the bathroom floor in the morning from bathing the kids the previous night only to find a millipede underneath them. The walls weren't sound proof, you could hear the people in the next room and hallway. I didn't complain about anything above, I just let it go. However, when we returned to the room after a full day of hockey and the A/C being on low, there was a distinct odour of mold. My husband went down to the front desk to complain, and their true customer skills were shown. They offered to move us to another room, but that wasn't good enough. We weren't going to be staying another night in that environment. My husband requested to speak to management, and the girl refused. My husband came back up to the room to let me know what was happening, when he returned to the lobby, the girl was on the phone with the manager! She lied to my husband about being able to get in touch with management. So then she threatened to call the police, the lobby was full of people and over heard this "conversation", my husband wasn't quite about the rooms having mold in them. He was then banned from the hotel. They refused to discount the cost of the second night and charged us the day rate. The girl who my husband was dealing with needs to be retrained in customer service, or let go. She was not helpful in making the situation right. I have full intentions on calling the health unit and requesting they they inspect the rooms. Also planning on filling a complaint with the BBB. I will never stay there again. This hotel destroys the Days Inn good name and reputation. I will only ever stay at the Days Inn on Victoria st from now on. They have wonderful customer service. Not to mention the hotel is 150% nicer and cleaner!!!!! I will pay the extra money from now on.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Virginia L
GM-DaysFallsview, General Manager at Days Inn Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your experience on Tripadvisor, I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to all stays as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. All our rooms are cleaned and inspected daily anything found not up to Days Inn standards are fixed immediately. Our hotel was just inspected by a Days Inn Inspector these are surprise visits and if there was any indication of an issue in any rooms he would have addressed it immediately. I would like to ensure that this is an isolated incident which has been totally taken care of. All guests after check in are given a courtesy call and if there are any concerns we are able to immediately take care of the situation and according to our courtesy logs all three of your rooms were call and no issues indicated. All guests are told if they need or want anything to call the front desk. There are different reactions by both staff and guest and it would be my hope that by both it is very professional.