“The worst service motel in my life”
Review of Advantage Inn

Advantage Inn
Ranked #93 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
“The worst service motel in my life”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Worst nightmare in my life
There was Expedia.com reservation mistakes. Booking was only for two adults, not for family.
The owner used all his means to charge extra money for our stay. He firmly denied to let my family stay at the room we reserved because it is illigal to have more than two people in a room. He gave different kinds of options with extra money. Furtherwose, he threatened us not to allow anyone to have a room because of the late check-in.
I felt that he used to abuse this kind of situation to make extra money. I called expedia.com to get any help; however, they did not care. Only thing they said was the reservation was not refundable. They did not even consider their reservation system problems.

Finally, some of my family memebers could check in the room around 2am. The other family members had to leave to get another motel.

It was one of the worst motel experience in my life.
I am sure that I will never use expedia.com to book hotels. They have worst booking system and service. The hotel I chose was supposed to be two star hotel; the hotel I got was not even a hotel. It is one of the filthy motels with the worst service you never even imagine.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Magicformulam
MoodIResorts, Owner at Advantage Inn, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
It is unfortunate to see that people who make mistakes at their end can write anything at the motel's web page. The gentleman in question booked three rooms with one bed each which could allow a maximum of two people in one room. The last check in time clearly specified on the search engine was 11 pm and yet they came past 12 midnight. We still let them in but to our surprise, instead of six people maximum for three rooms that should have been there, there were atleast 8-10 adults and 4-6 kids. When we told them that we cannot allow so many people to check in, into these small rooms and instead they will have to shift to bigger rooms,which too we agreed to give to them at discounted prices, they said that they will speak to Hotwire. Later when Hotwire also would have told them that if there were more people, they should have specified at hotwire more number of people so that they could have got larger rooms at different prices, they came back and started abusing us. One of the ladies in the group, literally almost came at hitting me, for no fault of ours. The gentleman had to stop her and also two people literally pulled her out of the office so that she is not violent.
Then they told me that give the three rooms as is and that only six people will stay here and the balance will move out. Meanwhile all kind of abuse continued. Despite all that, we allowed them to stay and did not say a word just because we wanted to provide the rightful respect.
12-14 people were coming and then they inform Hotwire/Expedia of only 6 people and get rooms accordingly at the motel and still Expedia/Hotwire and the motel our at fault and this is the worst experience of their life????? I told my family that I have not been insulted so much late in the night and just for the reason, that I thought that they had booked three rooms and even if they are late, I will still provide service and keep the office open till they arrive and not close at 11 pm as per the motel policy.
Further more, the booking engine that they used Hotwire does not display the motel name till booked but gives category as per star rating at their end. Even though we are a two star motel, hotwire DISPLAYS us as ONE STAR only and that is exactly what they chose.
It is disappointing to note that people can blame the whole world for their own mistakes and yet have the power to write anything and spoil a business' image.
I would request the readers to check the facts directly at Hotwire/Expedia which clearly asks for number of people and if you book through Hotwire, you will see us as one star only. On expedia we are shown with our true rating of two star but there the rates are much higher as hotwire is primarily used for discount rate sales for unsold inventory.
All the facts mentioned can be verified anytime and I can provide all details, still if anyone wishes to check with Hotwire or us. Disappointing indeed for us to see this!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Korean first
Illinois, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2013

they hotel owners are very greedy and rude. Very unprofessional. They accused us for stealing a cheap remote and wanted to charge us $50.00, more than the tv is worht. The rooms are horrible, no hot water. had to call the police to settle this.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Fuzel S
MoodIResorts, Owner at Advantage Inn, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Sometimes one has to face most difficult of people and while I do not know the person who wrote this comment and there was no booking in his name, yet we came across a group of people and this gentleman was perhaps a part of the group. They came with a booking of two single bed rooms with a total occupancy of four and there were 10 plus adults in the group. The problem started from thereon when we told them that they need to shift to bigger rooms with more beds. Then next day morning when they asked for breakfast while they had booked at a price without breakfast, the abuse started. We received no complaints or issues of water shortage and are surprised to read this in the review which seems like an add on to make it sound more bad.
Next day morning, upon checking when we found the remote was missing and were talking about that with person, all of them came rushing to the room and started abusing and talking at the top of their voice. Not them, but we had to call the police to ensure that a scene is stopped from getting created, even though we had already given their security deposit back, not because we found the missing remote, but because we realised that we were dealing with people who did not treat ordinary hotel staff as humans. All this time, three of them were saying that they never go to hotels below five stars and we could not understand why they booked on hotwire, wherein, even though we are a two star motel, but are still rated clearly as one star and hence they clearly knew that they were booking in a one star motel and not a five star.
We have and will in future too treat all guests with due respect and are writing this response, even though it may not seem to be diplomatic, because the least we expect and request is to let our staff and our children living on property (who were also shouted at and abused) to be treated as humans and not as objects at which people can blow their temper just because they have pent up feelings inside.
I am sorry and sad but this was definitely not the best experience for us too and that is why I had to request the Police to come and intervene, who immediately requested the guests to leave as they had checked out and werre still being abusive.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The rooms were very clean. It seemed that the people who had cleaned the room had spent a good amount cleaning everything properly. The playground in the motel was also agree addition and my kids loved it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank John G
MoodIResorts, Owner at Advantage Inn, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your appreciative words.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I have read some pretty nasty reviews on hear and felt compelled to write my first TripAdvisor review.

We stayed here on Monday night and found the owners to be beyond helpful: helping us to plan what little time we had and even though we arrived before check-in, they were happy to quickly turn around another room for us.

Yes, the place is not the newest but the rooms are clean and has air con and a fridge, fresh bedding, plenty of towels and toiletries in the bathroom. What's more, a basic breakfast is included and the hotel is just next to a bus stop to the falls.

As far as I am concerned, this place is amazing value for money and offered us even more than we expected on our limited budget, especially amongst this over-priced tourist trap. Thanks for all your help and for a pleasant and easy stay.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank DolliePie
MoodIResorts, Owner at Advantage Inn, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you very much Madam for your kind words.
Ritu Narang
Reviewed May 24, 2013

we booked accommodation at this hotel for May 20th and 21. Because the price was very good we were not expecting very much, but what a pleasant surprize. The rooms we bright clean and the management were a pleasure to deal with. They maintain there property and care about their customers. We will certainly be returning, a bonus if you smoke is they offer smoking rooms which seems to be harder to find all the time. Excellent value for your money, a hidden gem.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank twalker44
MoodIResorts, General Manager at Advantage Inn, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you very much Sir. You are very kind.
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Me, my husband and my two kids spent one of the best times in this motel. We booked this motel for its affordable price and were rather surprised to receive a better service than paid for. The play ground was ideal for the kids and seemed to be the prettiest play grounds amongst all the other motels. The rooms were very spacious and beautifully decorated. I, personally, loved the woman who worked at the counter. She often came to check up on our satisfaction. The motel has a gym along with a little arcade. It was ideal for me since I could workout a little and keep an eye on my kids while they played air hockey. There were other families too, so very family environment. Loved this motel and recommend it to all.

Room Tip: I lived in a room with 2 queen beds. It was SPACIOUS AND BEAUTIFUL
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank best_mom_ever23
MoodIResorts, Owner at Advantage Inn, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words,
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Me and my bf rent monthly here. We have been here 2 months and already had 4 ppl ( one of which was a couple ) try entering OUR ROOM WITH THE SAME ROOM KEY AS OUR ROOM. One of the 4 ppl who tried was a large black man and he tried at 4 AM WHILE WE WERE SLEEPING!! The owners have yet to get back to me and its been a week. This morning we had an east indian woman LOOK DIRECTLY INTO OUR WINDOW WITHOUT SAYING ANY APOLOGIES OR ANYTHING! We would understand if it was 4 times throughout the YEAR but 4 times in 2 MONTHS is very rediculous. Someone better fix this otherwise they will lose another customer.

• Stayed April 2013
MoodIResorts, Owner at Advantage Inn, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
We take pride in maintaining our inn and rent to short term visitors. Currently we have no monthly or long term tenanats at our property. However we respect all our visitors from where ever they come and would hope a basic respect for us too, as humans.
As regards to the guests' comments, we really do not know how we can stop people from looking in any direction while going from one place to another on our property but do feel that no one would do it intentionally and it may just have been a casual eye contact.