“Wow what a room - and the Restaurant - Amazing!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
Ranked #19 of 127 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed September 17, 2007

We booked a Fallsview suite with whirlpool on-line, Got a great rate ($135.00 CND) and let me tell you the pictures of the room on-line don;t do it justice. The room and view was spectacular. A room like this in Chicago overlooking the lake would go for $500 a night easily. The view was just amazing and you can sit in the whirlpool at night and watch the lights on the falls change.

We decided to eat that The Keg, the hotel restaurant that also overlooks the falls. Again the service was amazing, the waiter recommended the prime rib, which is my husband's favorite. My husband is a connouseur of sorts when it comes to prime rib and he said it was the best he's ever had. His comment was, you don't even have to chew the meat it's so tender, and that was on a medium rare cut. Oh and the calamari was cooked perfectly, not chewy, just right.

Then there is the complimentary breakfast. Omelettes and eggs cooked to order. Full breakfast buffet with everything from cereal to sausage, and again you are seated in the fallsview room of The Keg overlooking the falls. It was great, and included with the stay. We will be staying here again next time we come this way and will be telling our friends!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Write a ReviewReviews (9,751)

Reviewed September 17, 2007

My husband and I stayed here just for a night on the Eve of a big birthday and it certainly was a birthday to remember! We had a Junior presidential suite by recommendation of a "local" editor that I found through a google search. He has stayed in every hotel in the area and in every kind of room/suite so that was good enough for me and we certainly cannot fault the spectacular views, the room or the service -but we did go for just a night and it was getting quieter with all the schools going back :-)
I reserved our room online - very easy and no charges if you cancel up to 72hours ahead of stay. We drove straight up to the hotel and our car was promptly taken care of by the concierge ($20 per day- you can call for the car to be bought to you as many times as you want and they keep it up to 4pm the day of checkout which is by 12mid-day for your room so we put the suitcases cases in the boot and had the full day at the falls)We checked in ahead of time and the room was superb. The Managers reception means you can get hot/cold drinks from 3-11pm. The Breakfast was amazing, everything you could think of and as much as you can eat. I saw one woman piling muffins and yoghurt's into a large bag?? My only 2 complaints would be that you have quite a long walk down a fairly steep & boring road to get down to the falls, obviously worse on the way back up and the only alternative is a chair lift opposite that you have to pay for! No steps etc if you fancy walking but want to get there a bit faster and see the views whilst you are walking, so it feels like a bit of a con. The Hotel should include this for free - or at least one complimentary journey. Also the windows in the hotel were quite dirty - however being on the 35th floor I do appreciate they wont get done that often! All in all I would say that for one or two nights then this place is fantastic but I don`t think you would want to spend much longer than that at the falls anyway. Do check out the Skylon Tower for a special meal - it is within walking distance, quite costly and the entrance is a bit like a tacky slot machine arcade but again views at sunset are breathtaking and the meal very nice.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2007

We had a great trip to Niagara Falls. The hotel was in the perfect location. The falls view room on the 14th floor was great. The jacuzzi tub was very nice.

We enjoyed the steak house in the hotel as well as the Brazilian Steak House across the street.

I would stay here again on a future trip.

The only thing keeping me from giving it a 5 was the price.

• Stayed: September 2004, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2007

I could of sat and gazed out of my window all day and night. We had a room on the 34th floor overlooking the falls. Sunrises were beautiful. Sunsets were beautiful. The lights on the Falls at night was again beautiful. Also great view of the fireworks. Had a super clean room, they came twice a day!! Breakfast buffet was just so so, worst eggs I have ever had. Had dinner at The Keg restaurant in the hotel. Food was outstanding and of course the Falls view were too, but the noise level was loud. So if you want an intimate dinner I wouldn't suggest this place. Location of hotel is great too, easy walking distance to casino and many other site. Took their tour package and was very happy with all of the locations we stopped at. Was great because we didn't have to drive, try to find parking, etc. just hop on the bus, and go. Great way to see the Falls.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2007

We followed a lot of the advice we got here on trip advisor regarding room selection.. We went to Embassy Suites web site and booked there because they had a few package deals with tickets to attractions and food vouchers so that worked out well. In a word ,it is a nice hotel with an unbelievable view. We got a suite, it had a bit of a stale smell, although it was a non smoking suite. The room was on the 38 floor , the decor was a little tired looking but not worn. As others previously posted here, I did notice the staffs preoccupation with tips, I did overhear some restaurant staff discussing what kind of tips they got etc.. I just did my thing, if the service was there a tip was given , if not- I adjusted accordingly. The Keg restaurant is definitely the way to go it is a top notch dining experience, don't even bother with the TGIF -
All in all it was an OK trip , our fist (and probably last )time to the falls.. Not a whole lot to do , I felt some areas were kind of seedy. Everything in the area is very expensive- If you can use your AMEX- they usually only charge a 1% international surcharge, Chase and Citi bank charge 3% on al charged purchases.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2007

My family (6 of us including two small children) stayed here over a weekend. on the positive side, we were not hurried in any way to unpack our car, having determined beforehand that i wasn't going to pay for valet service. our group tends to pack heavy, so it took more than one load of a cart to get everything out and into the lobby. maybe it helped that we arrived on the Thursday after labor day so they didn't appear to be terribly busy. On the down side, the rooms look like they could use some updating to me, the carpet was well worn in our room, and it appeared to not have been throughly cleaned in a while. i saw spider webs in the window that you can prop open, and items from previous guests under the beds, ie small toys and such. The jacuzzi in the room was nice to have, but the kitchen and fridge were tiny, and the microwave was in easy reach of my 2 year old son. Overall i have seen better rooms in 3 star establishments. Also, while there is a great view of the Horseshoe Falls, and a decent one of the American Falls, the hotel is not in the thick of the tourist trap area of NF, you'll have to ride the shuttle or hoof it to the shops and most of the attractions. to me, i question whether this place is worthy of demanding one of the higher rates in the area. Might be ok for a mid week stay when the rates drop, or in the off season.

Given that this is not the only place in NF with a good view, I'd advise shopping around.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank Wolfgar112
Reviewed September 11, 2007

The Embassy Suites Niagara Falls may be a bit pricey but location more than makes up for it. The rooms overlooking the falls were wonderful! The fireworks and evening light show were spectacular not to mention the sunrise each day. We were with a group, most had falls view, but even the city view rooms were fine, at nite with an open window the band could be heard from the Copacabana restaurant across the street which was really fun. We found the staff friendly and helpful for the most part however there were a few in the breakfast buffet that needed more people skills. We did have some really great servers that were full of information about the falls, weather, etc.. The valet parking was costly but we never had to wait for our car and the walk to the casino for cheaper parking was not worth it if you have luggage and families in tow. The evening cocktail party was fine... little nibbles and a free drink unlimited soda... great people watching . There are tips jars everywhere but we never felt pressured. The indoor pool was never crowded. The restaurants in the hotel are expensive but so is every other restaurant in Niagara Falls. Be prepared to spend lots of money... Rent a car or take a tour of the countryside the wine country and Niagara On The Lake are beautiful. There is plenty to see and do all within walking distance...lots of walking.. Clifton Hill is fun and crazy lots of shops and wild attractions bring $$$$$ . The parks are so lush and wonderful. Take a package tour of all of the attractions Maid of the Mist , Journey Behind the Falls and such it is cheaper you don't wait in lines or worry about parking since all charge. It was a wonderful trip, once is enough, I checked it off my list. Do I recommend it YES!

Stayed: September 2007