Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
Ranked #17 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
“Superb!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2006

Me and my husband had an awesome time at this hotel! The staff really knows how to treat you like you are not just a guest, but a friend, and you are at your home away from home. They had to be the friendliest bunch of people I have ever been around. The hotel is in a great spot. It's near tons of restaurants, shopping, and great night life. We walked right down to Niagara Falls. You can't beat the price, location, or staff. It's great!!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,569)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed July 7, 2006

The title of this review says it all. Everyone we encountered at the hotel was friendly. We did decide to upgrade the room to a premium fallsview room for an additional $25 american, at time of arrival. We got what has to be one of the best rooms in all the hotel. We stayed in a 2 queen suite/ with jacuzzi tub, which I did not expect with the upgrade over looking both falls on the 35th floor. The 3rd and 4th of July fireworks happened litterally right outside our window. When we visit Niagara again there is no question as to where we will stay.

• Stayed July 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 4, 2006

Out of all the hotel says that I have ever had the embassy suites is at the top my list. The view from my room was awesome, even the room itself was beautiful this is an experience that I will never forget. I have already made recommendations to a couple that is thinking about a vacation in the Niagara falls and I have recommended that they stay at the embassy suites hotel

Stayed June 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 2, 2006

June 2006 - As part of our 25th Wedding anniversary trip my wife and I spent 4 nights at the Embassy suites. We could find no cause for concern or complaint about the hotel. The room was superb - a stunning view of the both the Horseshoe and American falls. We upgraded to a jnr presidentail suite with fireplace and jacuzzi - all in all the room cost just over £200 per night which is more than I would usually hope to pay but I can say the Embassy suites was worth every penny. Every apsect of the hotel and service was 1st class.

The breakfast at TGIF is excellent - I would recommend getting in as early as possible as it seems to get quite busy after 0800, we didn't make the managers reception so can't pass comment on that.

As seen in other reviews the excursions offered by the hotel seem a bit pricey - $125cdn for 4 trips (Skylon Tower, Maid of the Mist, Butterfly house & Journey behind the falls). The 4 trips can be bought separately for under $20 each - having said that we thought it was worth the extra for the coach trip and the driver/guide - we also were given 2 free pairs of entrance tkts to the Skyon Tower and the Imax theatre for use in our own time - both of which we used.

We took a cab from the Embassy suites to the Whirpool Jet Boat at Niagara on the Lake (lovely town - would recommend a visit) - the jet boat is excellent ($54cdn each), great fun and guaranteed to get soaking wet - take a change of clothes.
We made sure we spent Sunday at the Falls to take in the fireworks - well worth seeing.

All in all a memorable trip for a special occasion - I have no hesitation in recommending the Embassy suites and would definitely make a return visit.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 30, 2006

We made reservations at the Embassy Suites for one night and a cheaper hotel for 4 other nights. Our room was on the 15th floor and it was "guaranteed" non smoking. However, when we arrived, there were no NS signs on the doors and the room smelled like a bar. I immediately asked the front desk personnel if we could change rooms due to asthma and they were great. Thinking I would be moved to a similar room, I was shocked when they gave me a key for a whirlpool suite on the 38th floor!!. This was a free upgrade. What a view. We took advntage of the "managers reception" where you can get free sodas/tea and snacks and 2 free mixed drinks per room. After we did some sightseeing we returned to this gorgeous room to watch firworks over the falls (Sun and Fri nights). The next am we visited the buffet on the 9th floor. The omelet station is the best (made to order omelets) and most of the food was good, although the pancakes were hard. (But honestly it was great considering it was included w/ the room and most of the hotels serve only "basic" continental breakfasts if anything). THe only bad side to this hotel is the valet service. They were quick each time we requested the car but at $20/day it seems a little pricey. HOwever, I must also say that the first day they left my car unlocked on a lot that was 6 blocks from the hotel. I mentioned this to a supervisor and was given a credit for the parking. They are VERY accomodating at this hotel and do what they can to keep customers coming back. I must also mention that we wound up staying at ES four additonal days because the hotel we had booked didn't have the type of room available that I had reserved. When I notified ES to see if we could stay an additional 4 nights, they allowed us to do this and gave us an awesome rate for the room AND threw in free parking. YOU CAN NOT BEAT THIS HOTEL.. THEY KNOW HOW TO KEEP CUSTOMERS HAPPY AND THE VIEWS ARE THE BEST. All in all, food is VERY expensive anywhere you go. For ex. I got a BLT sandwich one day and it was $12, plus tax is a whopping 18%.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hershey, PA
Reviewed June 28, 2006

Just returned from a June 2006 stay at Embassy Suites Niagara Falls. I won't repeat others comments but will instead focus on the things that are NOT evident. First, understand that like any other Ontario hotel you will be charged 8% provincial tax + 7% GST (tax). You can get a rebate for the 7% GST on your accomodations right there in the lobby, but they charge you $10 to do so. A full rebate can be had at the border but it's a long process that you have to get out of your car to handle.
The hotel picture you see on the web site is airbrushed so that other nearby hotels are not visible. Having said that, their promise that every room has a falls view is no exaggeration - I fell asleep each night looking down on the Canadian falls...pretty neat.
You'll get a $40 voucher for the TGIFriday's when you check in. Make sure you look at the menu carefully...I had 4 friends who ate dinner there the first night, both couples with vouchers, and their bill was $130 AFTER the $80 vouchers were applied. TGIF is OK for appetizers but that's about it. There is an Outback restaurant across the street that is reasonbly priced (for NF), and an Italian place next to it that serves good food at a good prices (Zuppa's?).
On the plus side, getting a package that includes breakfast is a good deal as the breakfast is a full hot and cold buffet that you'd pay $20 per person or more elsewhere. Rooms are nice sized and in reasonable shape. I found the Staff to be very friendly (typical of Canadian service employees) and always ready to help. Location is just above the Canadian falls - far enough away from the Clifton Hill circus that it's quiet but easy to walk there, or to the Casino (1 block away) or take the incline car (just out the back door) right down to the falls.
On-site parking is an additional $20 Cdn and the only real choice as the self-park is 2 blocks away. Valets are quick and friendly and don't expect a tip (their service is considered part of the $20).
Hotel pool is relatively big, has 2 nice whirlpools. Manager's reception from 2:30pm to 7pm each day is a great way to sit down with free sodas and snacks in a pub setting. All in all this is a pretty good place for NF, as long as you know that the stated room rate, and every other price quoted, is going to have 15% worth of taxes added to it.

24 Thank CJinPA
Reviewed June 28, 2006

We arrived on a sun and everyone was nice. I upgraded to king jacuzzi. Got to my room and the first thing I discovered was the" full size fridge". I was told there was a full size fridge, a sink to wash dishes but no cooking surface. The fridge was 5" by 13". The sink was 6"x 6". Went to look out the window, there were big spiders outside the glass in each window. The room was clean, housekeeping friendly. When I gave my wife the envelope with the room keys she said lets go use the voucher at "the Keg" restaraunt. But there was no voucher. After going to the desk and being asked "are you sure" they reluctantly gave me the voucher. We ate. We then went back to the room and after a few minutes my two teenagers starting wrestling on our bed and pulled the sheets off. My wife went " you gotta be kiddin" There was blood on three parts of the mattress. each area covered about the area of a slice of bread. We called housekeeping and they switched mattresses. Dont you think housekeeping saw that when they stripped the bed from the last customer? But as I said, housekeeping was pleasant the towels came fast, food was good. But for spending $1300 US for three nights, to charge you to park on their lot was insulting, $17 US. And to call 6" by 13" fridge fullsize, to just cover up a bloody mattress took away from an otherwise cool vacation. The sightseing package is $125 per person 13 and up. Its a coach bus. Each attraction is about $15 each on your own. There were 4 attractions, skylon tower, maid of mist, behind the falls, and butterfly house. The fireworks last about 4-6 minutes. Please remember to hit the duty free office when you leave Canada to get a refund. Always use credit card and be charged canadian. Ps, eating a TGI fridays or outback is 2-3 times more because of tourist location. A steak dinner was $40 at outback. TGI Fridays wanted $39.99 for a rib dinner. All that being said, please stay on the Canadian side. Customs was a breeze.
Pos: view, clean, friendly, nice layout, location.
Neg: fridge, parking fee, mattress screw up,

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member