Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
Ranked #19 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed January 16, 2006

This really is a fantastic hotel from a quality, service and value for money perspective.

The location couldn't be better.

There are also fairly priced parking / restaurants right next to the hotel.

I really recommend this place, especially the Jacuzzi suites.

Of course the real star is the falls, but you'll enjoy that legendary North American customer service while you're there too!

• Stayed: January 2006
9  Thank here369
Write a ReviewReviews (9,674)

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed January 14, 2006

We had originally booked a spa suite with a view of the horseshoe falls - but when we arrived after offering us an upgrade and us refusing due to funds - the lovely lady at the front desk upgraded us to a luxury suite - It was amazing - It was almost as big as our house! The room with the view was the bedroom complete with fireplace, but just back from the bedroom was the spa - We could see the falls from the spa - very romantic - The bathroom was behind the spa and behind the bathroom was yet another room - a lounge and dining room - the kitchen ran alongside the rooms - One of the best rooms my husband and I have ever stayed in. The hotel is the closet to the falls - i wouldn't bother with the others as they are all on the wrong side of the room - We also had a free breakfast and dinner voucher included - went to the keg restaurant for tea - beautiful steak - and breakfast in the morning was magnificent - the chefs even made personalised omelets - One word of advice about tours though - the hotel offers tours which cost about $130 - don't bother with that for exactly the same thing - walk down the street towards the falls and you will see a shopping complex - buy a pass from inside - it will cost you $30 and the only thing it does not include is the skylon tour - the best valued tour we took on our whole trip! Can't rave enough about it - do yourself a favour and book in now! Thanks very much to the Embassy for our stay.

• Stayed: October 2005
19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 10, 2006

My husband and I honeymooned in Niagara Falls Nov. 1-4 of 2005. We stayed at the Embassy Suites and loved it! I felt we got a great deal and had an overall positive experience.

The view from our room was marvelous! We had the view of both falls and the jacuzzi. You can't see the falls from the jacuzzi, but that wasn't really a big deal. The light show is beautiful to watch in the evenings.

The rooms were very big. There was a living room with sofas, fridge, microwave, huge bathroom, and then the bedroom area.

We took a cab to the Butterfly Conservatory. It is not within walking distance, but well worth the drive. It turned out to be our favorite attraction.

We walked from the hotel down to the falls. It was a trek, but we got some great photos and the walk was refreshing and beautiful! The leaves in late October/early November are dazzling! On the way back up to the hotel, we took the incline railway back up- you will see it when you get there. Please don't overlook it unless you just enjoy walking! I think the hotel shuttle can come pick you up from the falls, but you'd have to wait for all the other stops. The incline railway just takes you straight up to the hotel- no waiting.

Don't buy the hotel's packages. If you go to the visitor's center near the falls, you can purchase their packages which will definitely be a better deal.

I hear parking is expensive at the hotel. Well, we flew from NC into Buffalo, so we had to take a cab there. I must admit that it was great not having to worry about a car. However, taxi fees are high as well. We paid about $60 US to get there and $70 Canadian to return. The only other time we used a taxi was to go to the Butterfly Conservatory, which was about $12 CAN each way.

If you must use a taxi, we recommend Ivan! Just ask for him- somebody should know him. He was great! He's so friendly and will give you narratives as he drives. He drove us to the conservatory and we called him later for the trip back to the airport. He took us on the scenic route to the airport, along the Niagara River. It was well worth the extra 5 minutes! Such a beautiful drive.

I hear lots of people complain about the hotel not being fair with the exchange rate when they charge people's credit cards, or that they would charge a higher than the quoted amount. We were aware of this, so we printed out our confirmation (we asked them to e-mail us one) and took it. Then, we used Canadian dollars to pay for the hotel. That way, there was no credit card involved and we didn't have to worry about them being fair.

Finally, the breakfast was okay. The scrambled eggs were horrible! I don't know what they're made of. However, you can go to the omlet line and get a fresh fried egg or two, which will be delicious. The pancakes were rubbery and the bread stale. I'm not really upset, though, because it was complimentary. I enjoyed the cereal and juices and milk. My husband enjoyed the coffee. Had we stayed longer, I might have tired of it and would have wanted to go elsewhere, but for three days, it was edible.

One more thing- we loved the managers reception! So the snacks weren't the fanciest in the world, but the drinks were great! The lounge has a nice ambiance and we enjoyed playing songs on the juke box. I like sweet drinks and the bartender was very good about recommending a good drink to me. We got two complimentary drink tickets for each night of our stay, but you can use them as you please.

Overall, I think most people would be more than happy with this hotel. We can't wait to return! Canadians on a whole were friendly and the hotel was no exception. Feel free to e-mail me with any questions.

• Stayed: November 2005
12  Thank gabesmomilm
Reviewed January 9, 2006

This hotel is very nice. The lobby is gorgeous. Check out the chandelier! We were impressed with the staff. They were professional and very nice. Enjoy the best steak in the world at The Keg. We would go back solely to eat in the restaurant! It was that good. Great pool and hottub. Free breakfast was great. If you are traveling to Niagara Falls, you have to see this place.

• Stayed: December 2005
6  Thank Dorothy T
Reviewed January 9, 2006

My Husband and I stayed at this Embassy Suites in November and I must say it was a nice hotel. The staff was great from the valet right to the housekeeping, the room was really clean and we had no problems with anything, this weekend away was a surprise for my husband on his birthday. We had read previous reviews about the breakfast but we found it to be very enjoyable and no waiting as we had gone down early since we are early riser's anyway. The server we had was great in giving us tips on what to do and where to go. The elevator wait was no more than 5 minutes at a time and with a hotel of this size you would have to expect a little wait, we did however notice that they are putting a new elevator in and that should help with the wait times. I have no hesitation about staying at this hotel again and in fact i have booked for the valentine's weekend as a romantic weekend away without the children. Go stay at the Embassy Suites Hotel Niagara Falls Canada and you won't be dissappointed.

• Stayed: November 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 8, 2006

January 1, 2006
Embassy Suites, Niagra Fall, Canadian Side
The Falls are beautiful with the ice on them...First time there in the winter..Our room had a large jacuzzi and was really wonderful...Would recommend to anyone...

6  Thank rubberglove
Farmington HIlls
Reviewed January 6, 2006

Our family spent two nights at the Embassy Suites near Niagara Falls. The highlight of the stay was the awesome view from our room of both falls, and since we stayed over on a Friday evening, of the fireworks over the river also. The view was absolutely breaktaking, almost like being in a IMAX movie.

The hotel was fine, roomy and comfortable, clean also. We concur that breakfast was a zoo, only solution I could see for that would be to add another room and/or stagger times for seating. We all had plenty of food to eat, although I have had much better food at other Embassy Suites.

The service was fine. The check in clerk was especially pleasant and moved us up to a higher floor for a better view upon check in.

Wish I would have know about complimentary parking as we paid the fee, plus taxes and tip. Yes, the price does add up quickly, especially with the Canadian taxes and the current poor rate exchange.

We were also unaware of the rail car being complimentary to guests, but I guess that was okay, since we had some good exercise walking up and down the hill to the falls.

Restaurants in the area were pricey. This area is definately a splurge and if there are good values to be found for your money, I would love to know about them.

Our favorite adventure during our trip, was the Cave of the Winds tour on the American side of the falls. You actually don rain gear and water shoes and walk right up to the American Falls. Everyone in our party - from 11 to 50 was awed by this experience. We had to wait quite a while for the tour, but it was so worth it!

• Stayed: June 2005