I read some good reviews of this place on tripadvisor and hoped the bad reviews were one-offs. Booked a 2-night package for a honeymoon weekend here with my lovely new wife. :) As a surprise my brother called them and paid for our booking upgraded to the honeymoon package. All seemed well... Till we got there…
The guy at reception was not a good communicator. He delivered the standard greeting ok, but then he spent the next two or three minutes tapping at the keyboards and not once did he apologise for the delay or explain what he was doing. Nor did he make any mention of the upgraded booking. When we asked him about it he said he said "Oh, yeah you've got that. It's all taken care of." More about that later...
The bellhop didn't mention that the tray of goodies in the room (snacks and stuff for kids) was not free, and he made no effort to find the price list for us. He just said, "Oh it's probably in the room somewhere." He proceeded to tell us, “Don’t come down late for breakfast because the food will be cold due to ignorant people leaving the food tray covers open.” Go figure!
There was no honeymoon package gift waiting for us in the room. The bellhop said it would be sent later. By 9:30pm we still hadn't seen it. Even after we had called the front desk 3 times to confirm certain details of the upgraded package. We left the hotel for a late dinner at The Marriot (very nace but too expensive) about 9:45pm. When we got back at 11pm the gift was there. Who knows what time it arrived! Anyway, it was a mediocre bottle of Canadian wine (no offence because I’ve had good Canadian wine). The glasses were filthy. The stuffed toy smelled of stale damp. The truffle chocolates were nice though.
Other bad points worth mentioning – One of the remote controls was broken and the keyboard remote for the Internet TV had no batteries. We had a 2-Queen room and neither bed had the proper fitted sheets. The area around this hotel is not very well developed in terms of amenities and attractions. There seemed to be regular traffic problems. The food at T.G.I. Fridays attached to the hotel is not good.
Because of all of the above our honeymoon first night was somewhat tarnished. After all that we decided to have as little as possible to do with whatever else they had to offer. Except the breakfast, which was barely acceptable also.
Good points – The suites are spacious and well equipped. Close to the falls and the view from the room is very nice. The food at The Keg was good. Somehow our bill for the room was less than expected but with the hidden valet parking fees added it was back up to what we originally budgeted for.
We stayed at the Sheraton On The Falls earlier this year, and it is there we will be returning to next time we visit Niagara. Embassy Suites needs better staff and management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 42-story hotel located 100 yards from the waters edge in the Fallsview Tourist District, 1 block from Fallsview Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HotelPower and TripOnline SA so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Niagara Falls