“Once in a lifetime view of the falls from your hotel room”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
Ranked #15 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Once in a lifetime view of the falls from your hotel room”
Reviewed October 3, 2005

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Niagara Falls the last week of August for 5 nights. We absoultely loved it. The view from our room was spectacular. We were on the 20th floor. They offered us a higher floor for an extra $200, but we passed and I'm glad we did. We were high enough to see everything. We overlooked both the Canadian and American Falls. The night we arrived (Sunday) they had the fireworks over the falls at 10pm. Fireworks are 2x a week. Simply beautiful. Since we were there for so many days we got to see how the falls looked at different times of the day and night and how the mist comes and goes. We ate several dinners at the Keg restaurant. Excellent food and view. We found the breakfast to be just ok, but considering the amount of people they serve daily, they did a good job. Overall we found everyone there to be quite accommodating.
Heads up - there is a daily charge for parking - about $20 a day that they didn't tell us about ahead of time.
Definitely the place to stay with the kids.
Enjoy.

1 Thank rcsieg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,520)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 27, 2005

In January, 2005 we booked a Presidential Suite on the 38th floor. What we got was a suite on the 14th floor for the same price. What a deal considering a hotel view is a large part of a visit to Niagara Falls. We discussed this with at least six different reception people who said they could not help us. They informed us that reservations were not always filled.
On my return home I wrote to management who never answered my letter.

What a disappointment since we travel to Niagara Falls every year in August!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
TN
Reviewed September 21, 2005

The Embassay Suites Hotel at Niagara Falls was exactly as pictured on the internet. The rooms were huge, comfortable, and meticulously clean. We booked a "falls view" room and were extremely pleased with the accomodations. It was simply wonderful to sit in our room and watch the falls. A nice touch was how the window coould be opened to hear the roar of Niagara. We also loved our whirlpool bath, which served us well after a long day of exploring all the area had to offer.

That having been said, there were some downsides to the hotel. Expensive parking and lack of free high-speed internet were aggravating, but my greatest complaint was the breakfast. While I didn't expect it to be outstanding, I did expect it to meet Hilton standards, and certainly to exceed summer-camp fare. To put it mildly, I was sorely disappointed. On our first morning there, I went through the buffet area and selected scrambled eggs and bacon. The scrambled eggs were over-cooked globs and the bacon was over-processed, pre-cooked thin slices that were virtually tasteless. I'd requested orange juice, and found it to be so bitter/sour that I couldn't drink it at all. The toast was cold and the pancakes were stale and tasteless. I went back to the breakfast area to see if I might scrounge up a muffin, pastry, or SOMETHING else that appealed to me, but the Embassy didn't see fit to include anything like that in the line. They did serve some decent hash browns.

On the next morning, I thought I'd be more clever and stand in line for a hot omlette. I found this to be as equally inedible as the scrambled eggs I'd had the day before. It was hard, overcooked, and VERY greasy. I couldn't eat more than a bite or too. Likewise, one day two, the coffee (which is not good to begin with), was cold. The server was quick to bring some fresh coffee when I asked, but by this point I just wanted to leave.

I tend to be frugal and typically will eat whatever a hotel offers as its "complimentary breakfast." I refused to go back to the breakfast at the Embassy Suites for the last 2 days of our stay. My husband and I opted to go out and purchase breakfast, rather than deal with another morning of disappointment.

SHAME on Embassy Suites for this lack of attention to something as important as food. We ate at the hotel's "Keg" and also found this expensive meal to be lack-luster.

I want to stress that the poor quality of the food at the Embassy Suites is purely a management issue. The staff, who were really trying hard, were not to blame. Obviously, some hard-headed bean counter decided that cutting corners at breakfast would enhance the hotel's bottom line. I work in a hospital and believe me, our breakfast is HEAD AND SHOULDERS above what was served by the Embassy Suites. We have found that we can keep our costs low by purchasing fresh ingredients, which are then used to make simply prepared meals. Customer satisfaction demands nothing less. The Embassy could learn a lot from our hospital's dietary department.

7 Thank Heidicphq
Ft. Myers, FL
Reviewed September 20, 2005

We went for one night in August. The location is great, but the hotel is messy and unfriendly. The manager's reception is a joke. There was not one place to sit and with children running everywhere spilling things, we didn't really want to sit. At the other Embassy Suites that I have been to, the manager's reception is nice and unlimited. Not that we are big drinkers, but one "coupon" per person is a little skimpy. The snacks are awful...if you can even get to them. The room was okay...except in the room are all of these things to tempt kids...coloring books, crayons, etc laying on the table when you walk in...but of course, cost an arm and a leg. There are also "tokens" for the drink macines...that cost $2.50 each if used. The view was fine. The pictures show that you can lounge in the whirlpool and view the falls...NOT! As others, the Keg restaurant was great. I would never stay at this hotel again and I think Hilton Company should be ashamed. They usually do a fantastic job.

6 Thank JuleJule1
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 17, 2005

We stayed at the Embassy Suites for three nights, Sept 6th,7th & 8th of 2005. The Suite we had was on the 23rd floor over looking the Horseshoe Falls. Each morning we received a newspaper as well as a buffet breakfast and each night we had a romantic view of the illuminated falls. The staff were pleasant, professional and helpful. Easy access to the incline railway and the falls. and far enough away the carnival atmosphere of Clifton Hill. The only negative issue is that they have both personal and valet parking, however they do not have personal parking "on site", that parking area we were informed is two blocks away. we opted to use the valet parking. We used the public transportation due to parking being so limited in the entire area. All in all the vacation was great

• Stayed September 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Salisbury, MD
Reviewed September 17, 2005

My husband and I spent our anniversary at the hotel Sept 4-7. I was very worried about the hotel based on some of the reviews I read on this website. We had none of the problems that others had, of course we could complain about somethings if we wanted to but the overall stay was very enjoyable. Yes some of the prices were high but what do people expect in a resort location. We live close to a resort beach location and would expect to pay the same prices there for less accomodations. We paid for double falls view floors 10-15 and were very excited to be on the 30th floor. We had the best view it was more than i could have imagined and well worth the price of the hotel. we sat in the chairs by the window most of the time we were in the room when we werent relaxing in the jacuzzi tub big enough for two. I would like to say to all the people complaining about prices and then in the next breath complaining about the buffet breakfast. Okay I admit it wasnt the greatest meal i have had, but it was free and if you could just eat the toast and some jelly you saved yourself a breakfast bill somewhere else. I dont eat eggs but my husband said the omelettes were good. We did heed other warning to go early and had no problems. The hotel even advised going early. We were there for Labor Day and then stayed the next 2 days after and it was amazing the change. It was like a desserted town after everyone went home. It was the perfect time to be there. If you are planning to go to a resort town during peak times expect to wait. We however were very lucky to have no wait for anything that we did, even the elevators. We also enjoyed our anniversary dinner at the Keg and we thought it was very nice. We were also there for the fire alarm but this was not our first experience being in a hotel with the fire alarm going off. I appreciated the notification that things were being looked into with the alarm continuing rather than starting to hoof it down 30 floors thinking i had to evacuate right away. Like i said i was very concerned about what we were getting ourself into with this hotel but it exceeded our expectations and looked to be the nicer of most hotels in the area and one of the best placed for views of the falls. One tip of advice, we booked our trip on the internet a couple of months in advance. The tuesday before we were to leave my husband checked the rates again online, they had dropped $120 US for our 3 night stay. I contacted reservations and asked to get the new rates and had no problem. The very next day the rates online were slightly increased just luck of the draw but it could benefit to continue to check if possible.

• Stayed September 2005
5 Thank Tasha J
Reviewed September 16, 2005

We switched to this hotel after one night at the Renaissance Hotel. At the front desk we were offered to upgrade to a Junior President Suite for 50 can, we took it and got room 4003. This room was awsome, it was the biggest hotel room we had ever satyed in. There was a good size room in the front that was a living room/pull out couch, our daughter slept in that room. The room had a huge whirlpool tub and in the main bedroom a fireplace. The view was incredible, you could open a window to hear the falls.

Besides the room there were lots of pearks, a free breakfast buffet and a manager reception with free drinks and snacks. They also had there own suttle bus that would take you around to all the sites, it was a fee but not much.

I stayed at the highest rank hotel on Tripadvisor and here and this is by far the better hotel. I have seen reviews about a rate switch and they did actually try to pull that on me, but I think it was more a compter error.

6 Thank BARRETT J