Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
  • Breakfast included
$112
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Garden Niagara Falls Fallsview(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
$70
  • Fitness center
$186
$126
  • Restaurant
Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
$77
$115
$112
  • Restaurant
Great Wolf Lodge(Niagara Falls)
$275
$264
9,944 results
All reviewspretzelsthe manager's receptionkeg restaurantvalet parkinggreat viewpresidential suitetgi fridaysfree breakfastper nightvalet serviceshuttle busomelet stationan upgradeincline railwaybusy hoteltour deskwhirlpool tub
Reviewed April 15, 2009

We had a 4 night stay at the Embassy Suites Hotel. Upon check-in at 6pm, we were told the only room left, had only a Horseshoe Falls view, not both falls. The manager insisted that the room she was holding, was the room we had reserved, it was not. I had called twice before leaving on the trip to confirm our room. They gave us the crappy view room and them moved us to a Presidential Suite the next day, with views of both falls. It is a game they play. If you check-in late the room you want will be unavailable because they don't have enough reasonable priced rooms, so they can upgrade you to a better room that was not booked. It was a hassle to move our luggage to another room. Not to mention the time it took away from our sight seeing.They comped our parking for the entire stay to help make amens. We had planned on parking at the casino.

Back to the hotel & rooms: The lobby is the most beautiful lobby in Niagara Falls, ON. We had walked thru many hotel lobbies just to check them out and we were glad we were at the Embassy. The first room we stayed in with the Horseshoe Falls view had a view of two buildings and if you pressed your face against the window you could see the falls, not really a nice view. The window was really dirty too. The second room, the Presidential Suite was fabulous. It was on the 40th floor, so you could see forever! The window was even clean. The rooms were clean and comfortable. It was nice having 2 rooms, especially with a teenager. Sorry to say the mattresses were not as comfortable as Hotel Indigo. They were OK, but after a few nights, I wished we were back at Hotel Indigo. There were no new TVs, just old outdated ones. The fridge was a joke. It could only hold 4 bottles and it was not cold. I had to pack it with ice each night.

There were no problems with the elevators. The breakfast was very crowded! We waited for 10 minutes in line for omelets made to order. The pancakes were cold, but the french toast sticks were great. Our server didn't show up at our table for quite some time so we helped ourselves to coffee. She was apologetic when she did show up, they were very busy. We had canceled our reservation with the Hotel's KEG restaurant. It was not very impressive. The pool area had a very heavy chlorine smell. We didn't use the pool.

We walked thru the hotels and restaurants to get to the street because it was cold and rainy. There is a backdoor by Fridays that brings you to a walkway & ramp to the Fallsview Casino area. The doors to get inside are by the area for bus parking. A quick 3 minute walk. We walked thru the casino shopping area to get to Murray St. so we could stay warm. We did not use the shuttle, it was an additional $10 per person, not worth the cost. There is a charge for the internet, but we were able to get a connection with a Blackberry, so it was free.

The Valet parking is very busy and slow. You can call ahead for your car, though. The only problem is that they don't tell you when your car is ready. If you don't constantly look out onto the parking area you could be waiting for sometime to notice that your car is ready. It get very windy in the parking area, so be prepared, don't wear a dress without be ready for the wind! A real Marilyn moment!

All in all we would stay again, but would check-in early, although it worked out better being comped for the parking and we got a better room. I would recommend going in the late spring & summer. It was very cold and many attractions are closed! I could only imagine how beautiful it would be with the grounds green and flowers blooming. There are gardens everywhere. On the bright side, there were no crowds. Customs was quite painless. We didn't have to open any luggage, etc. We did make a purchase at the Duty Fee shop for about 30% off retail in US funds. The clerk there was very helpful. Just a note, take a drive to NOTL, it is beautiful!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Beyondjunk
Reviewed April 14, 2009

We've just come back from a great trip to Ontario finishing up with a couple of nights at Niagara Falls. The Falls are as fabulous as ever whichever season you choose to visit in - but in contrast to the spectacular natural beauty available on the one hand you have the gaudiness of man-made attractions on the other. The Embassy Suites is HUGE, so much so, that we spent considerable amounts of time standing in front of one of the 5 elevators waiting to be transported up or down! Travelling with the whole family meant that I appreciated the fact that breakfast was included in the reasonable suite rate however it also meant that so did everyone else and the restaurant was chaos! Instead of being able to sit and enjoy the view, you couldn't wait to get out of there. This being said I do have to mention that the waitresses that we had both mornings were extremely friendly and helpful. Next time, I think we'll try a B & B in Niagara on the Lake....

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2009

This Embassy is gorgeous, just like all the rest of them, and the view of Horsehoe Falls is spectacular. We were on the 11th floor, with a falls view room. The only problem with this floor is that there is a section of roof that blocks some of the view, so if you can get a higher floor, please do. The room itself was typical Embassy: clean, well appointed, well taken care of. The swimming pool and fitness area are top notch, and it was great to have a laundry area to be able to do my own laundry. There was even a bottle of detergent and a box of fabric softener sheets provided for hotel guest use.

The complimentary breakfast was fabulous. It's in the Keg restaurant, so you have beautiful views of the Falls as you eat, and the food was really good, too.

My only complaint was the fact that internet is not included in the price of the room. For $150/night, to have to pay an additional fee for net time is kind of annoying, especially considering that we had stayed the night before at a Hampton Inn in Michigan that included internet, and it certainly was not $150/night for that room.

Other than the internet issue, everything else was great. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Fallsview Embassy Suites twice in March and had an amazing time at the falls. Here is the breakdown of our stay:

Check In/Parking: We opted for the Casino Parking which was a lot cheaper than the valet and offered in and out privileges as well. On both occasions, when we arrived on Saturday the parking said it was $10 at the casino, but on Sunday's the parking turned into $5. It was about a 5 minute or so walk to the Embassy suites from the Casino parking lot. However, if you have a lot of luggage, I would suggest that one person gets dropped off at the hotel and the other parks the car. Check in was very easy the first time around as there weren't many other people checking in at the same time that we were. The second time we were running a little bit behind schedule and there was a lineup for checking in, but it moved pretty quickly and it was hassle free. The staff were very friendly and we never had any problems checking in or out.

Rooms: The rooms were very clean. We had a fallsview suite with a jacuzzi and it was well worth it both times. The bed we had was enormous and probably the largest bed I've seen in a hotel room. It was very comfy and I felt as if I was in my bed at home. They have a safe in the rooms, which I found very convenient for some valuables that I had on me (passport, jewellery). The first time we went, I noticed our room has a musty smell to it. I've smelt this in previous hotels I've visited and I'm guessing it's just due to age. The second room however, had no strange smell at all. The fridge is very tiny and narrow, but we found it convenient for our leftover's from the restaurants. The living room area is very spacious and even includes a shoe shiner, which I found to be neat! Both the living room area and the bedroom have Televisions.

Food: We ate at TGI's both times we went. The food was of course very overpriced, but it tasted delicious anyways. I would suggest ordering either the chicken quesedillas or the chicken fajitas. What people have to understand is that Niagara is a tourist area, and everyone is out to make an extra buck, so come prepared. Even the KFC, all the way by Casino Niagara had inflated prices. The manager's reception was very nice and the two alcoholic drinks were an added bonus to the stay. The breakfast was very delicious, however, make sure that you get it early. The omlette stations in particular tend to generate huge line-ups. Other than that, there is the usual selection of scrambled, eggs, toast, yogurt, muffins, bacon, sausage, etc.

Pool: We used the swimming facilities on our first visit, but did not end up spending too long in the pool because there were a lot of little children splashing around. The pool was freezing, but I'm not sure if it's always like that, or when we were there. I'm sure it would feel really nice in the summer when you want to cool down, but when were there it was still chilly.

Overall, we had a great experience both times that we were here and we are definitely plan on returning to this hotel sometime in the future.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GuyaneseMadness
Reviewed April 7, 2009

My boyfriend and I went on a romantic vacation to Niagara Falls about a year and a half ago. I would have written this review sooner, but I didn't know about TripAdvisor until recently.

The hotel itself was beautiful! The beds were comfortable and the suites were very spacious. Everything was spotlessly clean and housekeeping was great.

Unfortunately, that's about where the praise ends. We had decided against a fallsview suite, opting for cityview instead after being assured we could see spectacular views of the falls elsewhere in the hotel. That was probably the biggest mistake we could have made. Outside of breakfast hours, there is no place in the hotel that you can go to have a view of the falls. The Keg restaurant takes up the only floor in the hotel that is not devoted to rooms and has a view of the falls. The other restaurant, T.G.I. Friday's, was ridiculously overpriced. A soup and salad meal was $16.95 each!

Our room faced the street. There was a bar right across the street that had horrible cover bands playing very loudly all night. We had to sleep with the radio on to drown out the noise. The elevators were always packed and took a good ten minutes each time we needed to use them.

I was very upset about the hidden $20 per day charge for parking, and I couldn't believe they taxed the parking fee! As we were on a budget, this hotel's hidden charges and fees almost destroyed our vacation. The hotel also tacked on an additional $300 without telling me! I was furious! They charged us extra for paying by credit card, they charged us extra for the so-called "fluctuation between U.S. and Canadian dollars" that occurred over the three day period we were there... I swear, they would have charged us per bag of luggage if they thought they could get away with it!

As far as location goes, I didn't need my car once during the entire stay. The hotel had shuttles to most major attractions and the casino, which we took when we felt like waiting half an hour to an hour for them as opposed to the ten minute walk.

All in all, I was not very happy at all with this hotel. I'm very disappointed by them and will never stay at an Embassy Suites hotel again. It absolutely was not worth the price.

<b>Liked</b>- Proximity to falls, proximity to attractions, cleanliness of rooms, comfort of beds, buffet breakfast

</b>Disliked</b> Everything else!