“Unforgettable experience”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
Ranked #18 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Leighton Buzzard, UK
Reviewed October 25, 2004

We originally booked into the Sheraton but changed hotels at the last minute and am so glad we did. We were here as part of a trip celebrating 25 yrs marraige and the view from our room on the 18th floor was breathtaking. We had the 2 night package which included $40 towards a meal in one of the restaurants, we ate in the Tap overlooking the falls and could not fault either the food or the service. The staff were all freindly and helpfull. We didn't have any of the problems other reviewers had with lifts, anyway its a holiday - relax! The breakfast buffet was plentifull, if a little 'mass produced' but I can see that if there are a few of you it is a great saving. For us the hotel was easy walking distance to the falls which we did early one morning to get there before the crowds - we were on the first Maid of the Mist trip of the day! Niagara really is a magical place to come to and I would certainly advise people to stay at The Embassy Suites. Incidently for those of you with a 'larger appetite' there is a Brazilian steak house 2 mins from the hotel with an all you can eat 'Meat feast'. Not for the faint hearted!

• Stayed: October 2004
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel

Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed October 25, 2004

We go to Niagara Falls once or twice a year at all different times of the year. We have stayed at at least 8 different hotels there. The Embassy suites next to the Minolta Tower is by far the absolute best hotel we have stayed at in over 10 years! They are exactly what they advertise. SUITES. Like a small apartment. If you go to their website, the room looks exactly like the picture. You can sit in your room and watch the falls all day if you like. You can use the Jacuzzi tub in private or open the window and watch T.V. etc. They even have a sitting room. GREAT breakfast buffet to go along with this spectacular room. We did not get a chance to use the pool or gym. They have great deals at certain times of the year but are quite expensive on an average. The MOST romantic hotel we have tried in 10 years. You will NOT regret staying here if you are looking for romance! But...the parking is $20.00 a day.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 20, 2004

I stayed at the Embassy Suites (Fallsview) on 10/16 and 10/17/04. We (my husband, brother, and sister-in-law) were in a Junior Presidential Suite (room 1903) and had a wonderful time. The view of the Falls was spectacular, especially at sunrise. It was beautiful! The room itself was a bit smaller than I expected (after seeing the pictures in the hotel's web site) but it was very nice. Hotel personnel (valets, desk clerks, and elevator attendants) were very friendly and quite helpful. We attended the complimentary Breakfast Buffet on the day of our departure and it was quite nice. We also dined at The Keg Steakhouse (in the hotel) and found it to be very nice. The food was very good but a bit expensive; dinner for four came to $240.00CA. The only surprise that I had at check-out was the amount of taxes added to the original price quoted. There were over $120.00CA in taxes added to the price of the two-night package. (I live in New York, however, and am never surprised by unmentioned taxes!). I guess we were very lucky; we experienced no long waits for elevators, our room was taken care of very well, and our car was always brought around by the valet within five minutes. I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Niagara Falls.

3  Thank Missjean001
Annapolis, MD
Reviewed October 18, 2004

We stayed at the Embassy Suites from October 8th-11th and had a wonderful time. I was worried with the elevator wait time but really did not see any problem now that they have built extra elevators. I think the longest wait for an elevator was 5-10 minutes. We stayed on the 29th floor overlooking the falls and really enjoyed our entire trip. The only problem we encountered was we were the last two people on the bus tour of Niagara Falls and had to sit separately on the entire trip. There are a few places I would recommend. We ate at a local establishment called casa mia which was excellent, and I recommend a trip to Niagara on the Lake and visit the town and the wineries. The new casino that was recently built is very nice and was a nice change a pace but it does not really have a nightlife scene. I would defintely return to the Embassy Suites Niagara and I'm recommending it to my family.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 17, 2004

This was our first visit to Niagra Falls and Canada. We loved it and loved Embassy Suites! I had read a lot of reviews before we left but we didn't encounter any of the problems others did. I had booked 2 Queen bed suite with fallsview. We were surprised when we got to our room. It was a King bed suite with fallsview, fireplace and jacuzzi. The view was absolutely beautiful. We were on the 12th floor and the view was so beautiful. One morning I laid in bed and watched a beautiful sunrise. Enjoyed the buffet breakfast, a little crowded but nothing we couldn't deal with. Thanks Embassy Suites for a wonderful stay!

2  Thank 985judyl
cleveland, ohio
Reviewed October 17, 2004

reserved my room by phone a day before arrival, basic cityview room no ammentities, arrived around 10:00 p.m. to check in, not only was I upgrade from the 9th floor to the 32nd floor,(falls view suite) we were given free parking, free shuttle passes and free breakfast for four. I did have to ask for this upgrade but there was no hesitation on there part and all services were delivered with a smile. I have traveled all over and by far this has been the kindest that my family and I have been treated. it was as if I were a vip and the staff was there for my beckoning. Thanks to all at the embassy suites you were fantastic.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed October 13, 2004

We flew to Cleveland on a supersaver fair with Southwest. $69.00 R/T. The drive from there is roughly 3 hours and all highway. Not bad at all. It's pretty much all countryside driving. Mile after mile of vineyards when you're entering the state of New York. Pretty amazing too that you leave Ohio, are briefly in PA, then NY and Canada all within about 3 hours. Now to the Falls. The Falls area is meticulously clean. Very beautiful place to visit. However the prices are exhorbitant, unless you do a little checking about first. We stayed on the 19th floor at Embassy Suites. The room was great. $250.00 a night. However had we not had the view there is a hotel directlly behind it for about $36.00 per night weekday. Since you have to walk (pretty long walks to get down to the falls) or get shuttles to almost anything you want to see it's not a bad decision to check out this cheaper hotel. We didn't go inside but the outside is very well kept. The restaurant My Cousin Vinney's who is directly behind that, owns the hotel as well. My Cousin Vinney's is a good place to sit outside and listen to a very good band "Latin Heat". They're permanently there so you should hit them, except maybe one night of the week when they're off. At any rate. Don't book a week in Niagara. You can see it all in this immediate area in about 2 days and save yourself a great deal of money. Beers are around $4.75 at most restaurants, breakfast around $10-11.00 for something similar to Dennys. The breakfast buffet at the Embassy sucks. Long lines for a lot of precooked food. They fried potatoes but then put them in a steam table so they come out like noodles they're were so limp. The steak dinner at the Keg restaurant in the Embassy was the best value. A filet there was around $18.00 and included everything. Very, very good steak.

Even with the exchange rate being in our favor, the prices were terribly high. Probably the highest place I've ever stayed and I travel a lot on vacation all over the country to many of the must see places.

Glad I saw it, but it's not someplace you'd probably return to once you've seen it.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member