Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
Ranked #16 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Mississauga, Canada
“A wonderful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2009

One of the reasons i love staying at any embassy suites is they are so consistent accross the chain in customer service, quality amenities and value.

When we first t arrived, we did have a minor issue with our room, it smelled of cigarette smoke. In no time at all the staff had us relocated to another room, smem view, same amenities, higher floor. All you co.uld expect

The pool area is large and well kept, the included breakfast is fresh and varied, the managers reception always a welcome touch.

in a city where you have many options, the embassy suites offers a consistent, above par experience you shouldn''t miss.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,496)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
lgg26
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2009

This past weekend, I spent one night at the Embassy Suites in Niagara falls and enjoyed every minute of it. Everything from check in, the managers reception, the dinner at the keg (located on the 9th floor), to the room and breakfast was incredible. We recieved great service from our waiter Marco at the keg and Juliana our waitress in the morning for breakfast. It was well worth the money . Just the view from the room was worth every penny that was spent. I would totally reccomend this hotel to anyone and looking forward to my next visit.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2009

We went in January, so it was definitely cold. But it was cheaper, and my wife had never been to Niagara Falls. The valets and front desk staff were all very polite and helpful. The suite was spacious and clean. We got a fallsview room and it was spectacular. Our particular package came with free breakfast and one free dinner. Both well worth it. The breakfast we had was anything you can eat, all you can eat. Eggs, waffles, bacon, cereal, muffins, etc etc. For our free dinner we went close by to East Side Mario's, which was good. We also ate at the in-hotel restaurant, The Keg. A bit expensive, but very good view and very very good food. The hotel also provides free shuttles, so we didn't have to figure out much of anything on our own. We just waited for the bus, and rode around to all the different parts of Niagara Falls (the Canadian side). Valet service is required (no free parking), but it was fine. My car was safe. I was able to access it if I needed to.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2009

We stayed here over the winter break 2/14-2/21 with our two girls and it was pretty good. We booked a suite with a Jet Tub and a view of the falls. When I checked in the upgraded us to a room with the view of both falls. She told me they normally charge and extra $30 for that. I didn't really believe it until I saw the difference it makes and it makes a major difference - my friend could only see the horseshoe falls and her view wasn't so nice as she had hotels in the way. We stayed in 1802. The pool while large wasn't deep enough probably becuase it was on the 9th floor. The TCGI Fridays at the Hotels was way overpriced, we went to one later in our stay and the prices were close to half. The Keg is nice for one nights dinner. Breakfast is fine if you bring it to you room, the wait on the weekends if you don't is a killer. We had a better view in our room so it was ideal for us. Servers were rude about us bring drinks upstairs - but they had lids and stuff so thats why they were put there. Parking at the hotel is silly they overcharge, we parked at the casino a block away free. You get their card and it's free to park. If you don't get the card it $5.00 except for saturday when they charge $10

Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank madgally
New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2009

I paid for a falls view and was not given one. Instead I was given a view of the stupidest looking hotel ever. When I asked to be moved they said they couldn't. When I asked to check out they said I could then later said I would be charged for that night and the next 2. The front desk managers here were the dumbest people I ever met. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Hilton. I never wrote a bad review or any review for that matter but sitting here 4 months later I'm still mad.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank norm8581
Buffalo, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2009

Just as a preface- I am not one of those people who just logged into tripadvisor for the 1st time to complain- I am an avid trip advisor member with over 1000 posts,
and have been designated a 'tripadvisor playa del carmen expert'. I value this site and the boards because they help people accurately plan their trips. My husband and I consider ourselves 'everyday americans'. We travel for 1 night stays, long weekends, and usually a 1 week vacation per year. We've camped, and stayed at high end hotels and everywhere in between.

My husband and I booked this hotel for a romantic night away. I booked the hotel with a CC online. We received 1 e-mail immediately confirming our
reservation and 1 e-mail again about 1 week before arrival both confirmating our reservation and asking us to fill out an online form for any special requests we might have. We booked a fallsview room with jacuzzi, along with a $45 credit for food, and breakfast. The cost was about 141 in CA funds. A great deal!

Upon arrival- we were told that our room was 'no longer available since the CC I used when I booked in JANUARY expired at the end of January and
our check in date was the 3rd week of February. We received no phone call, no e-mail, nothing telling me that our room had been unconfirmed. Quite
the contrary- we received 2 e-mails stating we were confirmed- We were offered the same package but with a 2 queen cityview, no jacuzzi. A VERY different room
than the one we booked. My husband was parking our car and I called him in disbelief. I couldn't believe that they wouldn't be able to do something
for us. We were offered an extra 45.00 food voucher, and free valet- that was it. I spoke with the manager and she basically blamed us and said we were lucky
to have a room set aside for us at all. My husband arrived and the manager got involved again. We explained that we felt the policy was unfair and that guests should be contacted and told that their reservation has been cancelled. The manager offered no sincerity, not even an apology. She told us the room was no longer available and that it was our responsibility to know that when booking a room we must use a CC that is
not only valid when we book but one that is valid up until the date of our stay.

We had no choice- so we took the key to our cityview room, took the extra vounchers and went off to our room. Upon getting to our room, my husband
commented that he felt it impossible that our room type was gone- as in sold to someone else. So I got on the phone, pretended to be someone else,
and attempted to book a fallsview king room/jacuzzi- they were AVAILABLE.

At that my husband and I took our stuff and went down to the front desk fuming. We told them that they had our room type available and we wanted our room. The manager got involved again and blamed us. She said it was our responsibility, and they didn't even have to offer us ANY room at all.The manager basically lied to us- she said they didn't have the room available and it had been given away- but it hadn't. What REALLY happened was that they wanted to sell our booked room- for ALOT more $$$$ that night than we had agreed to pay online (we got a deal). She was cold hearted and
continually blamed us for our mistake. She also went on to say 'We have 20 more people in your boat tonight alone!"....so basically what she had
just told me was that this problem is a VERY common problem and one they had no intention of rectifying. At that- I got extremely angry-the most angry I've ever gotten at a stranger. I walked off, and said loudly what I thought of her- I won't type it here.

Basically this resort treats it's guests like they are a dime a dozen- and in fact, they are. They have no reason to want to help guests when there are problems. A simple phone call, an e-mail asking me to even call the hotel, I would have fixed this issue. The manager says this can happen even when people have a typo. They make NO effort whatsoever to let people know that they typed in their CC incorrectly. Instead- when
you show up, you will find that they have 'given your room away'...which really means- they have released your room to the highest bidder!

This hotel is supposed to be a 4 star hotel- as ranked by AAA/CAA. A TRUE 4 star hotel would have given us the room we paid for if it were available.
Even if you believe that we made a mistake, that it was our fault- a good hotel would have offered us the room we had booked if it was not occupied.
Plus- I can't even describe how terrible the manager made us feel- constantly blaming us for the error and telling us it was 'the customers' responsibility.
She never offered an apology. (To be fair- there was a desk clerk there that was not a manager but was very apologetic and friendly to us.)

So now that I've laid out my major complaint- I can get to the rest of my review. I make it a point to be honest and not let my bad experience affect my review of all of the other details so here is my honest review on everything else :) Overall- every other aspect of this hotel was fantastic.

The room- it wasn't what we had paid for- but it was large with lots of space, 2 sinks, a ton of places to store things, a microwave, plus a 3rd sink. The beds and pillows were very comfortable.

The managers reception- we got 2 free drinks (1 per each of us), there is a listing of hard liquors (which can be mixed with juices etc.) 2 beer choices
and 2 types of wine. The snacks were plentiful. Chips and salsa, a vegetable spread, pretzels, and candy for the kids. Plus- an all you could drink soda/
juice fountain- which would be great for the kiddies. Think of all the $$$ parents save!

The Keg- we ate at the keg with our 2 vouchers. We ordered 1 appetizer, 2 entrees (blue cheese steak, prime rib), 1 dessert, 1 soda and 1 alcoholic drink.
The bill was 101.00 plus tip. The service and food was fanastic. Some of the best service I've ever encountered. Very attentive. We left a tip of 22. With
getting a bit over 90 off the bill- it was a fantastic meal for under 30 bucks CA funds when all was said and done. The views were nice- but don't be fooled-
really out of the many seats they have available only a select few tables have views of the falls- perhaps 20%. If you want one of those tables- call 1 week in advance and book one.

The shuttle- the shuttle was included too- great service! On time and a great value!

The valet- we had read of problems with the valet. We had no issues at all. They were prompt- roughly 10 minutes to get a car.

Breakfast- we had read of problems with crowds, sure the buffet area was crowded but the Keg was where breakfast seating was and there was plenty of space.
We thought the buffet was delicious! MUCH better than I would have expected. We also have good service. Our server came by 3 times to check on us.

I can 100% see why people love this hotel- especially when combined with the kinds of values/rates they are offering during the off season. Had the receptionists been able to give us the room we had booked, this stay would have been perfect. It's a shame too- because we won't ever stay here. We were treated so poorly by the manager that I will never be able to get past it to try the hotel again. I have never been treated that way by anyone in my life- let alone someone that is paid to work in the service industry. She was rude, she lied and was disrespectful to us. My husband and I wondered if we were the first of the 20 of us that night who were 'in the same boat' as she put it- or if we were #20. My thought is that she has to be a heartless person in order to deny people their vacation 20 times a day or more! Oddly enough- we received nothing but top notch service by everyone else in this hotel. Would I recommend this hotel to others - sure- but don't expect any level of customer service if something goes wrong- as you will be treated like just another guest coming and going day after day.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank asmit4
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2009

We stayed 2 nights in the Fallsview whirlpool suite on the 38th floor, the room was very clean, spacious & the view was beautiful. When making your reservations, make sure you ask for a view of both the American & Horseshoe falls, there is another Fallsview whirlpool suite that only has a view of the Horseshoe falls & faces another hotel, it is a little cheaper. I found the best deal booking directly with the hotel. The staff was great, very friendly & helpful. When we got to our room I noticed that there was not a refrigerator (I thought it came with one) I called the front desk & asked, they said no the room does not come with one, but they would send one up if I wanted, within the hour the fridge was in our room. This is a great hotel with a beautiful view of the falls.

• 4 of 5 bubbles