Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
Ranked #17 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed September 1, 2004

Great hotel. We stayed in the 23rd floor and had an excellent view of the falls. The staff was nice and the room spacious. The elevator problems are getting better, but is still a slight problem during the morning prime time.

I would definitely recommend this hotel. The view alone gives you a classic Niagara experience.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,570)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed August 31, 2004

My family & I just came back from a stay at the Embassy Suites (8/29 30 & 31) and all I can say it that it was well worth the price.

I was so worried about the hotel after reading all of the negative reviews. I was worried about the elevators, worried about the breakfasts, worried about the cost and worried that our family vacation would be ruined. Well, I can tell you that there was nothing negative about this place.

We had no problem with the valet service (although $20 a day to park is a bit steep), check in was a breeze (and pleasant) and the room was even better than expected. We had no wait at all to get an elevator to the 32nd floor. We were pleasantly surprised to see that we had a jacuzzi suite. I had upgraded to a full fallsview room from my original fallsview reservation, but did not expect the jacuzzi. We had the 2 night getaway package that included the $40 dinner voucher and the shuttle passes and both were great.

We were told the managers reception was from 2pm to 7pm so we headed down for some snacks. (again, no wait for an elevator). Also, expecting the worst based on previous reviews of the snacks, we were pleasantly surprised. There was a full buffet table set up with fresh veggies and dip (carrots, celery & snow peas), containers of chex mix, pretzels, chips and another kind of snack mix. There was a "help yourself" soda station which my kids loved until we saw other kids getting Shirley Temples from the bar. We got our drinks and theirs at the bar, ate some snacks and went on our way. What more do you want???? From the way people were writing those negative comments, I half expected there to be bags of chips and pretzels thrown on a table somewhere.

We ate dinner in the Keg Steakhouse at the hotel and it wasn't unreasonable. We all had nice dinners (prime rib, steaks, etc.,) and the bill was about $85 for 4 of us...with the $40 voucher, we paid $45 Canadian. Not bad at all for a family of 4.

We saw the fireworks that night from our room and it was spectacular. Definitely worth the upgrade.

Breakfast the next morning was great. After only having a "continental breakfast" the previous 2 mornings where we stayed on the New York side of Niagara, we were all thrilled with the selection. The reviews about getting an early start down to breakfast were correct though. We were down to breakfast by 7:45am both days and had no crowds. When we left, however, around 8:45, the lines were very long. So do yourself a favor and get up a little early. Again, no wait for the elevators coming or going.

We used the shuttle quite often and were never inconvenienced. Although we never saw the Embassy shuttle, we had free access to the Marriott shuttle also and that's the one the was always available when we needed it. We were told the shuttle ran every 20 minutes and we were never inconvenienced. The waits were about 5 to 10 minutes with only once during our stay where we waited about 15. Maybe we were just in the right place at the right time, or maybe those people complaining just like to hear themselves complain.

Bottom line -- the entire stay at Embassy was very nice. I was so happy I didn't cancel at the last minute. We had no problems at check out and were happy with the readers who advised about bringing US cash to pay the bill. With an exchange rate of $1.55 if you paid cash, our $721 Canadian bill came down to $466 US. Then we stopped at the duty free shop and got the GST refunded for another $26 US off. So for $440 for 2 nights, including breakfasts for 4, dinner one night for 4, cocktails and snacks both nights, a shuttle to bring us to and from the sights we wanted to see and a beautiful room with the most breathtaking view of a natural world wonder, what more could you ask????

• Stayed August 2004
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 31, 2004

Just returned from a vacation in Canada, originally booked 5 days at the Embassy Suites Niagara, checked out after 3 days, I wish I had read the reviews before booking!

Found the hotel just as described in all the bad reviews, the people writing the good reviews either stayed at another hotel or as one writer said are submitted by the hotel staff.

Stayed at the Aneheim embassy suites 2 years ago and found it great, this Embassy suites is a complete disappointment and rip off.

Check in was hopeless, room not ready and took 30 minutes before I was moved to another room.

Valet parking is hopeless and a complete ripoff at $20/day, inconvenient and the loading area is far too small and dangerous with cars, children, luggage and frustration all mixed in one small area.

Pool area is cheap and reminded me of a municipal pool not one associated with a good hotel. Checked out the pool area in the Hilton (1 block away) it was what the ES should be.

room was good with a great view of the falls, this was the only good thing I can find to say about the hotel.

Room cleaning was poor, complained on the first day about the room cleanliness and expected it to be sorted next day, it was not so we complained in writing and again awaited a response, nothing done again, staff pleasant and say the right things but dont actually do anything.

Managers reception, don,t bother hurrying back for one drink, messy table with empty trays, ranch dressing all over a table, chips on the floor and held in a room that resembles a warehouse,

Breakfast there's no way with wife and two daughters we were ever goung to be able to make it before 9am!

Check out was a nightmare, up till this day the lift problem was only an inconvenience but had to wait +20minutes for a lift to get my luggage down to the ground floor, 4 lifts are not enough and even with the new lifts in service as all the lifts do not service all the floors they make a minimal difference to the waiting times.

At checkout it was noticable that the staff did not ask if I had a good stay, I assume it is because they are sick of being told that the hotel Sucks.

Would not book this hotel again, very disappointing I felt it was a bit of a ripoff and wished I had looked at other hotels in the area befor booking.

• Stayed August 2004
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
canada
Reviewed August 30, 2004

I won a week's stay at this hotel for August 21-28 through skyauction and was wary of both the hotel and skyauction due to the fact that I'd never used their services before and some of the negative reviews of the hotel. I paid in US funds for the holiday so I went anyway and I'm glad I did. When I called ahead to confirm the reservation I spoke to a young lady who didn't have a clue about anything and I had to inform her that I'd already paid for the holiday. I arrived at the hotel tongue in cheek expecting the worse but it was a piece of cake. Do make sure to take all paperwork with you, including receipts if already paid. The check in was fast and friendly. I was blown away by the hotel. Our room was on the 42nd floor (the girl I'd spoken to over the phone had told us 10-15 floor) Anyway, we had a king suite with a jacuzzi and a full fall's view. It was beautiful, definently 5 stars. It was a struggle to get up for breakfast the next day after a 34 hour bus ride by Greyhound to Niagara Falls but I went down and bought food back to the room. There was a variety of delicious dishes including french toast, pancakes, bacon, eggs, cereal, muffins etc. Made to order omelets were available for those who liked them. However, if you stay for longer than 2 days the food gets redundant. It's the same everyday for breakfast and the manager's reception. We would skip breakfast one day or just get cereal, fruit and muffins. I'm not complaining though. I believe every hotel should include breakfast. The earlier you arrive for breakfast the less crowded and the warmer the food but you can reheat in the microwave later. SURPRISE! We had no problems with the elevators. The longest wait we had was the day before we checked out at about 5 mins. I wasn't too impressed with some of the younger girls who worked the breakfast shift, didn't seem too friendly or sincere but the elevator personnel, front desk, housekeeping and the bartenders were great. We took the incline railway $2 canadian each way to the brink of the falls and walked to clifton hills from there. It's kinda cheesy but fun and entertaining. The kids will love it and you'll spend loads of cash. Ripley's believe it or not museum is a must see. Give the skylon tower a miss if you have a good view from your hotel suite. We went for free as a nice couple gave us their package voucher but it wasn't worth the trip. Get an adventure pass but don't purchase with the hotel. It cost more and you can purchase at horseshoe falls. There are little booths everywhere. You'll enjoy the Butterfly Conservatory, maid of the mist, Journey behind the falls and white water walk. We also travelled on the people mover all day (included in the pass) and took advantage of the coupon included to take the incline railway back to the hotel for free. I wasn't impressed with the service at applebee's and the portions were smaller than we have back home. Tony Roma's was very good. We thought pizza express was a little pricey and greasy. We found soft drinks to be on the pricey side at $2-3 canadian a bottle most everywhere. Marineland was 10 mins away by shuttle. The kids will love it. They put on a good show. The animals were cool and the rides even better. My son loved dragon mountain and the gentleman operating the flying dragon ride seemed to be having more fun than the riders. We bought the shuttle pass for $13.20 all taxes included at the hotel's tour desk. It was good for the entire stay and takes you to the brink of the falls, clifton hills, marineland and the casino. I noticed that the driver's never asked you to show it though. Most visitors were from the US and I was impressed by how polite and friendly some of the men were. They would often open doors and let you in ahead of them on buses and elevators even when with their wives and girlfriends. There was the odd person that tried to push their way in at lineups but on the whole, pretty decent people. We had a wonderful relaxing week in niagara falls. I hadn't been there in 27 years. I would probably go back for a day trip when I'm in the Toronto area and would definently stay at the Embassy again if it was affordable.

4 Thank jan2004
Media, PA
Reviewed August 30, 2004

My sister and I took three kids to the Falls and stayed at Embassy Suites for the first night. The staff was absolutely wonderful. I was concerned about the elevator situation, after reading the reviews, but the new one is up and running and we never had more than a 3 minute wait.

The breakfast is definitely crowded, so if you have to be somewhere at a particular time, make certain you go early.

The manager's reception is really just snacks, but perfect as a pick-me-up after a long day of driving...it held everyone over until a late dinner.

The staff couldn't have been more friendly, helpful, and always asked if we needed directions anywhere, etc.

The rooms are beautiful and the view of the falls was great.

Definitely pay attention to the exchange rate...as you need US cash to obtain the favorable rate.

I would definitely stay here again....

2 Thank cmjn
Reviewed August 29, 2004

I'll start with the good here. The hotel was very beautiful. I stayed on the 39th flr and had an awesome view to the falls as well as the fireworks at night. The room was great, especially the jacuzzi. If you're an Embassy Suites regular, you will definitely like this hotel, as it is almost across the street from the falls as well as being across the street from an Applebees there. TGIFridays in the hotel is very nice. Had a great experience.

BUT....the elevators were HORRIBLE!!!! One day, I actually walked down the entire 39 floors because I got tired of waiting the 30 minutes I was already waiting. I went during the weekend of Jul 23rd through 26th and I'm reading now that they have added 2 more elevators. If that is the case, that might help with the experience.

• Stayed July 2004
Reviewed August 28, 2004

I was booked to stay at Embassy Suites on August 22-26th. After reading all the bad reviews I switched our reservations to the Marriott.
I did go inside Embassy Suites to make sure the reviews were accurate and sad to say they were. People were lined up for the elevators seven deep. This made it hard to manuver around people and I am sure it was not fun for the people waiting.
I am sooo glad we switched. The Marriott was fabulous!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member