“Great location & view”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
Ranked #15 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
“Great location & view”
Reviewed August 4, 2004

Our family stayed at the Embassy Suites Niagara Falls from August 1st-3rd. First of all the hotel is just beautiful, we were in awe of our view of both falls from our jr presidential suite. I could just sit there for hours watching the falls and we had a great view of the fireworks on sunday. The upgrade view from the suite was worth it but it was pricey. We paid our bill in US travelers checks and it was exactly the price quoted. We were told when we made the reservation, we had to pay in cash or travelers checks to get this rate - no surprises. I balked at check-in about the parking fee and it was quickly removed.

We did not know 8/2 was a Canadian civic holiday and check in was chaotic from the 1 hour delay on the QEW to the parking situation at the hotel. Cars were everywhere and no luggage carts to be found.
Long lines by the elevation especially at check in, managers reception and breakfast. Press up and down buttons and hopefully you'll get one in 10 minutes. The elevator attendants were very pleasant despite getting grief all day. We were told by a manager that the new elevator which will hold 35 people will be up and running in September.

We had the kids into breakfast by 8:00 am everyday and never had to wait, upon leaving at 8:30 there were very long lines waiting for a table.
Breakfast was good typical buffet. TGIF's is very expensive, better prices at restaurants at top of Clifton Hill, Italian restaurant across the street was very good and they had a band in the outdoor garden.

Get the Niagara Park adventure pass at one of the stands down by the falls the day before you are going to use it as it is good only for one day. Then they will validate it at the incline railway at the back of the hotel in the morning and the first people mover bus stop is at this bottom at the incline. We did the Maid of the Mist first thing and virtually no wait. Awesome experience!!!

I would stay here again but definitely in the off season for better prices and less people. Also you do not need canadian travelers checks, stores and restaurants took either american or canadian cash.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,614)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed August 3, 2004

I have stayed at the Embassy four times, and each time it gets worse.

The view is tremendous, and the rooms are clean and spacious. That is the good news....

Bad news:

Most recent stay was July 31-Aug. 2. There was always an issue with the elevators, but now it is downright ridiculous. Yes, two more are being installed, but what will that do? Reduce a 25 minute wait to 10 minutes? Absurd for a hotel of this quality. (Tip: Take the elevator up to go down...)

The morning buffet has gotten worse. Used to be at TGIF's, and it was pretty good. Then they renovated TGIF's a few months ago, and changed the buffet...it went from good to decent. Now it just stinks. The line is, again, absurd. The food is edible, but that is all.

Finally, when the new casino opened, they jacked up the rates. This hotel used to be a good deal. With the current problems, and the increased rates, it is not a good deal any longer (and, yes, scour your bill before you leave).

Reviewed August 2, 2004

My wife and I recently spent 2 days at the Embassy Suites Hotel. We stayed in the Junior Presidential Suite on the 35th floor and the view was spectacular. We had read some reviews regarding the elevator situation and they were right. In some cases it took roughly 20-25 mins just to get to the lobby, a few times we took the stairs which wasn't so bad going down. The rooms are very spacious and clean and when I forgot a couple things we called down to the hotel operator and the girl said no problem and had the items delivered to us within 10 minutes, she even called back to make sure we received what we asked for. The morning breakfast was very busy and you could see the staff trying to accomodate as best as they could. We will return to Niagara in a couple years and stay at he Embassy again, hopefully the elevators they are building will be up and running by then.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 2, 2004

We just got back from Niagara Falls, we stayed at the embassy for 2 nights in a jacuzzi suite July31st-August 2nd, overlooking the american and the canadian falls. The view was absolutely beautiful. I would definately go back to this hotel time and time again. To be honest, couple things to watch out for....i read about the elevators on this site and was a little worried...they were little slow, but not as bad as they sound, good news for people visiting in two weeks, more elevators for you! Complimentary breakfast,we did not even bother, line was sooooo long, better get there early for breakfast. Their parking was 20$ a day, free valet, bit of a surprise. We called for the car and it took no more than ten minutes. One more thing, don't bother with the hotel shuttle, wait forever, long ride just to get back to the hotel..hint use the free casino shuttle, goes back and forth to the casino's, old and new casino, fast way to get back and forth. Staff at the embassy were always helpful and courteous. We went to the Keg for dinner and had the most delicious food there. Go for the Keg rather than TGIF! Hope you have a great time in niagara Falls , we did. I didn't want to leave the room! Bye

delaware
Reviewed August 1, 2004

All in All- this was a wonderful hotel-
keep in mind it is NEW- which means everything
is in great shape- also, the beds are VERY
comfortable- and the view (37th fl. premium view)
was absolutely breathtaking!!! we viewed both
the american and canadian falls and what a sight!!
yes, the elevators were somewhat slow and breakfast lines a little long- but, i see the glass as
1/2 full, not 1/2 empty- a new hotel at a wonderful
location, and a suite to boot! plenty of room, very
clean..but, do bring any confirmation paperwork
with you- they did try to over-charge what i was quoted on-line- but, i had back-up to show them.
it really is a great view and a great place-. it's not
as horrid as what others have written-
*we drove to Whirlpool Jet Boats on niagara lake-
what an awesome time!!!* bring a change of clothes-you get soaked, but, it is a great experience- also catch the butterfly conservatory-
it really is an awesome experience too!-
Get tour tickets from the informat. center on the
streets- not hotel, really.. hotel charged $97. per
adult, informa. center on street $37. -it is worth the quick walk.

Reviewed July 29, 2004

We arrived at the Embassy Suites Fallsview on Thursday July 22, 2004. I had read many reviews but selected this hotel mostly because of its view. I had a confirmed (but not prepaid) reservation that I had made on their own website. We were coming in late so I called just to let them know we were coming but wouldn't arrive until after 10:00p.m. They said no problem, we'll see you soon. When we arrived I was told they DID NOT have a room for us due to a flood the previous night. (no mention of this in my phone conversation.) They said they had made a reservation for us at the Doubletree Suites down the road. Doubletree does NOT sit on the falls like Embassy and doesn't have nearly the view. They said Doubletree would "honor" our reservation rate, etc. etc. I refused to go to that hotel based on it's location. The manager was very rude and told me that was all she could do. I insisted I was not satisfied and she needed to do better. After much arguing she called the Mariott next door and put us in a room there. It was only on the 8th floor, (ours was to be on the 10th-15th floor), but it was a very nice room (not an upgrade however) and the view was good, so we checked into the Mariott at the same rate we had been quoted from Embassy. I still wasn't satisfied, so the next morning I called the 800# from Embassy and they told me I should have been compensated the first nights stay! Embassy Niagra offered us nothing! However, customer service took care of the problem for us and we were eventually credited the first nights stay. I WOULD NEVER STAY AT EMBASSY IN NIAGARA. We were treated so poorly. I will say that the Mariott was wonderful and our trip was salvaged by them. I was also thankful to customer service at the main Embassy # for taking care of this problem. MORAL OF THE STORY: A CONFIRMED RESERVATION, EVEN WITH CREDIT CARD # DOESN'T ALWAYS MEAN YOU WILL HAVE A ROOM.

Reviewed July 29, 2004

We have stayed in several Embassy Suites and this was not up to par. We had 5 suites as a family and not one check in went smooth. Because of the "fire" we were forced to stay in a hotel down the street after we had already given our car to the valet. Another family member reserved a fallsview room and was given a city view room. The response by the bellman was they do this all of the time, and most of the time people do not complain. In other words, they pass off a city view room for fallsview prices if nobody complains. The family member was forced to wait on hold for 15 minutes while waiting for an answer from the desk clerk. The problem was resolved an hour later.
The rest of the family arrived the next day and they were led to believe that their rooms would be ready at 4p, then at 4:15, then 4:45, finally at 6:00 we said what is going on here and they upgraded one room to a junior suite. Another was forced to have a king room when they reserved two queens. I think what was happening is that they were giving the rooms to those who complained. If you were quiet, they passed you off.
I read about the elevator problem before we left and didn't think that it could be that bad. We were to meet at 6 to have dinner one night. I waited for 25 minutes for an elevator before I walked down the 21 stories. Another day, I saw a man walking down the stairs some 20 stories with two suitcases and two very young daughters. In fact, the only time we made it down to the lobby in less than 20 minutes was at 1 in the morning.
And the breakfast was way not up to Embassy standards. It was a buffet where the scrambled eggs were usually cold, the bacon and sausage were cold and rubbery, and the pancackes and french toast were just like the bacon. They had a couple omlettes (ham and cheese, and vegy) that were available that I did not try. The only good part about the breakfast was the potatoes. The breakfast was bad on Friday when it wasn't crowded which was magnified with the weekend crowd.

They do not have enough of the service features that correspond with the number of rooms. It looks like they are adding elevators, but who knows how that will do to solve the problem. Overall it was an ok stay if you roll with the punches. They did reduce our rate and take off the valet fee, but if I drop close to $600 on a hotel room for a long weekend, I expect more. Especially from an Embassy Suites.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member